What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
529799_10200091993216209_290390892_n.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
3 years.

So you are a bandwagon bunnies supporter in the good times eh?

Where were you 10 years ago.
I got my first membership when I was 19. 10 years ago I was 12. Not sure about you at 12 but when I was 12 I didn't exactly have the money to buy club memberships.

And good times? 1 top 8 year in 3 years is hardly good times.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I got my first membership when I was 19. 10 years ago I was 12. Not sure about you at 12 but when I was 12 I didn't exactly have the money to buy club memberships.

And good times? 1 top 8 year in 3 years is hardly good times.

But you're rich arent you? Your parents pay you something like $1000 a week so you can live. Surely they would have bought you a 50uff$ membership.

firechild

First Grade
But you're rich arent you? Your parents pay you something like $1000 a week so you can live. Surely they would have bought you a 50uff$ membership.

Surely 5(c)uff$ accept bottle caps and empty cans as payment? How else could they get 20,000 members?

forby

Juniors
Membership figures should be based on total number of game tickets. St George-Illawarra and Wests Tigers have memberships for each of their home games, so if somebody buys ticketed memberships to all Tigers home games they have 3 different memberships, whereas others would only have one. Also clubs like Souths have non-ticketed memberships which are counted.
If Souths had 20000+ members why do they get around 10000 to their home games? Because the majority of these memberships are non-ticketed.
Compare apples with apples and only list ticketed memberships and number of tickets.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Membership figures should be based on total number of game tickets. St George-Illawarra and Wests Tigers have memberships for each of their home games, so if somebody buys ticketed memberships to all Tigers home games they have 3 different memberships, whereas others would only have one. Also clubs like Souths have non-ticketed memberships which are counted.
If Souths had 20000+ members why do they get around 10000 to their home games? Because the majority of these memberships are non-ticketed.
Compare apples with apples and only list ticketed memberships and number of tickets.
You're either a liar or severely ignorant.

forby

Juniors
Then how many ticketed memberships do they have? How many of these are 3 game packages? You are sadly mistaken if you think they have 20000 season ticket members!

applesauce

Bench
Why does everyone hate on Souths Memberships? It is money in the bank. I bet any club would take 20,000 extra members even if none were ticketed. geniused logic by some fans here. Shows that many fans are willing to join the club even if they can't or don't want to go to games (prefer TV or easier b/c of kids).

rnb11

Juniors
The Knights had the #1 TICKETED membership last year which was 18,000 and Souths were claiming they had 22,000 members so obviously they had less than 18k ticketed members

I think it'll be the same story again this year. It's good they're making money off these 3 game memberships and out of town ones and pet ones or whatever bullshit they're doing but the numbers are nothing to really brag about if they don't translate to decent crowd numbers

forby

Juniors
Exactly what I was trying to say. Every member of the Panthers licensed clubs are members of the Football club, which would actually make them the largest membership. Penrith only lists their ticketed memberships.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why does everyone hate on Souths Memberships? It is money in the bank. I bet any club would take 20,000 extra members even if none were ticketed. geniused logic by some fans here. Shows that many fans are willing to join the club even if they can't or don't want to go to games (prefer TV or easier b/c of kids).

Jealousy? Both the Perth AFl clubs have announced memberships of 35k+ and big profits, the two are not unrelated! Membership is money in the bank on a number of levels for clubs and to see some drifting along on sub 10k is a bit of a joke really. We keep being told that RL in Sydney would crash without 9 clubs yet some clubs clearly don't have that many people that are interested in them, or are very very poor at tapping into their fanbase?

Feej

First Grade
Hang on. You can buy a membership for a pet and it's counted in the total number of memberships??
Seriously??

Latest posts