What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

applesauce

Bench
Latest figures off the clubs websites (01/02/2013):

Rabbitohs: 19,756
Broncos: 16,169
Dragons: 15,402
Knights: 12,306
Eels: 11,005
Bulldogs: 10,602
Cowboys: 8,900
Storm: 8,889
Roosters: 7,024
Sharks: 6,900
Tigers: 5,556
Panthers: TBA
Warriors: TBA

Saw this on the Roosters website an thought it was good we finally started doing this.
http://www.roosters.com.au/news-display/Members-Only-Loyalty-Rings/67756
Collingwood have similar ones ranging from $299-$799.

Clarke

Juniors
Congratulations to the Eels, doing very well. Many people criticising the Dogs on here but I think a lack of credit to Parra is being shown.

I know people who are Canterbury, Wests and Cronulla fans who are souths members.

In these cases it is a people with mild to moderate intellectual disabilities who register 'rugby league' as an interest with their day programs. Not entirely sure if these are counted in the numbers but, as Bunniesman informed me around this time last year, they are paid memberships and therefore reflective of the fan base.

Do Souths have a program where rather than a typical corporate sponsorship, business owners can opt to buy a certain ammount of memberships for a designated charity/not for profit?

thommo4pm

Coach
The only disappointing member number from the post applesauce put up is the Tigers. Good to see the Dogs moving up again. Sharks, Roosters, Storm all with good numbers at this stage, given they aren't known for having a big fan base.

It's not like Souths are alone with the repetitive comments. Look at us for example. We rort the system every year, even when we're coming last. Players only go there to retire. Kerry Packer is giving money beyond the grave and Politis is still giving money away even though he stopped once he joined the board. At least you have some positive cliches so don't be embarrassed.

But those comments spoken of Easts aren't said with as much venom as some of the comments thrown at Souffs.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Any argument that we fudge our member figures is completely debunked when you see that our average crowd for 2012 pretty much equaled the number of season ticket holders.

For me the club who fudges figures is the one that offers 6-game memberships for Kogarah and Wollongong and counts them as one instead of half a membership...

Sorry mate but STH = crowd figures isn't something to brag about.

Crowd figures should always be EXCEEDING season ticket holder numbers. The aim should be to get all bums on seats - then add to the crowd and expose NEW people to the club/game.

:lol: @ targeting the Dragons figures because they dare count 6 game memberships... how is it their fault they have two grounds in two regions? f**king good on them for expanding their base.

innsaneink

Referee
So he's basically saying Dragons fans that intend to go to all home game will get a 6x Gong pack and a 6x Kogarah pack as opposed to 1x 12 home game deal which I guess would probably be cheaper.

WTs latest membership drive ends next Wed....should have numbers after that, 12k is the target I dare say many were cheesed off last year and decided not to renew, learning this year there is no season stamped collectible members cap or keyring /badge in the packs might see a few more drop off

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
Well, I did. But only because I'm Gold at WIN but Gold is sold out at Jubilee and unavailable. Asked about Silver at Jubilee this year and got an email Friday saying they can only give me my same seats again this year. Gold WINagong, Bronze Jubilee.

KiamaSaint

Coach
My brother who lives in Perth and is a Dragons fan went to a Rabbits game when they played the Broncos. Next thing he knows he is a Rabbit's member. You guys are kidding if you think those 20,000 members are legit.

Lambretta

First Grade
My brother who lives in Perth and is a Dragons fan went to a Rabbits game when they played the Broncos. Next thing he knows he is a Rabbit's member. You guys are kidding if you think those 20,000 members are legit.

Seriously? :lol:

I wonder how many Perth "members" they have?

Lambretta

First Grade
But those comments spoken of Easts aren't said with as much venom as some of the comments thrown at Souffs.

Come to a Souths v Roosters game at the SFS wearing Red, White and Blue and see if you like what is being thrown at you. It's an eye opener mate. Funny in its own way I suppose

BunniesMan

Immortal
If he's a Souths member it's because he bought a membership.

I'm sick of trolls shitting on membership numbers of other clubs. How cynical and shortsighted can some of you morons be. The more members the better, I want every club to have 20k. Every time I see other teams post up good numbers I'm HAPPY for them. I don't look for reasons to complain because membership growth is good for the entire NRL.

SuperiorEasts

Juniors
Come to a Souths v Roosters game at the SFS wearing Red, White and Blue and see if you like what is being thrown at you. It's an eye opener mate. Funny in its own way I suppose

I went to the Souths final against the Raiders this year and the Souths final against the dogs and the vitriol thrown towards Easts was amazing. They attacked our toyota cup more than they cheered their own team. Ridiculous. If they saw me I'm sure they would've thrown comments my way, lucky I was surrounded by neutrals.

On-topic: I have my membership. Bunniesman doesn't.

bellyache

Bench
Well, I did. But only because I'm Gold at WIN but Gold is sold out at Jubilee and unavailable. Asked about Silver at Jubilee this year and got an email Friday saying they can only give me my same seats again this year. Gold WINagong, Bronze Jubilee.
Lose the Mudgee Dragons in your Sig and you might end up as STI's coach in 2014?

Latest posts