What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 QLD Origin Side

Shorty

Staff member
This is a good side, and will really take it to a hungry NSW. With more variety in kicking options and points of attack than NSW, we should get the job done. Going to Brisbane one up is vitally important.

It's not a bad side by any stretch but the bench is weak, and the bench has been where we've kept pace and been steady previously, I don't see it happening this time because NSW have a fairly strong team if they pick the right Gidley replacement.

isaiah

Bench
Despite the criticism, I've warmed to this side after a day to consider it.

There's no way that Myles is going to play on the left edge, he's a prop now or a lock who plays exactly like a prop. Teo or Parker will start in his place and he's coming off the bench and will play prop all night long. From memory, I think Teo plays on the right so it may be Parker who starts. Souths fans could correct me there.

After having some success in Sydney for a few years our recent record there has started to wane. Our large forwards have succumbed to fatigue and the NSW approach of mobile forwards has proven to be effective. Obviously, a different approach was taken this year and it is worth a shot. Back in Brisbane Hannant's will come back into the side or Kennedy may be drafted. Of that I am almost certain.

Should Parker start, that it a real boost for Queensland. He provides the offloads that have been lacking from the side. Twice last year in Game 3 his offloads were the spark to Queensland tries. I thought he was particularly effective.

This is a good side, and will really take it to a hungry NSW. With more variety in kicking options and points of attack than NSW, we should get the job done. Going to Brisbane one up is vitally important.

i agree with the logic here. for the broncs, parker doesn't offload any more later in halves when tired tacklers drop off. he can offload right from the start. and myles can easily change from the game that he plays for the titans to being an impact player off the bench for qld.