What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Australian Open Campaign

lockyno1

Post Whore
For the recrd, happy for Stan I am. Just wish it was in better circumstances!

Tomic I hope you were watching.....don't quit and be a softcock next time! Fight it out!

Bulldog Force

Referee
The score meant nothing... did you watch the entire game? There were long rallys and plenty of high-quality tennis. The score doesn't reflect how close the game was! In a game of tennis, the final score can be 6-0 6-0 6-0 and it can still be a high-quality game. It's a game of luck really.
It was close for the first set, I'll give you that. It wasn't afterwards, was a routine 3-0 win to Rafa. It is not a game of luck- we are not talking about the WTA!
As I said Locky, game of luck!

HevyDevy

Coach
Well done Stan on his first Grand Slam, you can only play what's in front of you.

To be fair, he was blasting Rafa off the court long before the injury setback. He was clearly thrown off by what was happening after that.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Pray for an injury I guess. That is the only way your love interest Cibulkova had a chance lol! Nadal will win plenty of more Slams, Stan will be lucky to add to this one. Jeez he got lucky!
Mate, give credit where it's due. Stan was completely out-playing Nadal even before the injury hit.

As for the women, I did say that I thought Li Na would win... just that I was a fan of Dominika!

Bulldog Force

Referee
It's been a great tournament all-round (except for the host nation), hopefully we're in for another great tournament in 2015.

Top 8 has been given a bit of a shake up. When the rankings are released next week, it should look like this...

1. Rafael Nadal (ESP)
2. Novak Djokovic (SRB)
3. Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI)
4. David Ferrer (ESP)
5. Andy Murray (GBR)
6. Juan Martín del Potro
7. Roger Federer (SUI)
8. Tomáš Berdych (CZE)

Andy Murray drops out of the top 4 for the first time since he entered it!

Apey

Staff member
It's been a great tournament all-round (except for the host nation), hopefully we're in for another great tournament in 2015.

Top 8 has been given a bit of a shake up. When the rankings are released next week, it should look like this...

1. Rafael Nadal (ESP)
2. Novak Djokovic (SRB)
3. Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI)
4. David Ferrer (ESP)
5. Andy Murray (GBR)
6. Juan Martín del Potro
7. Roger Federer (SUI)
8. Tomá? Berdych (CZE)

Andy Murray drops out of the top 4 for the first time since he entered it!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Rankings-Home.aspx#

ek999

First Grade
They haven't been updated to reflect this years Aus Open results yet. That will happen sometime tonight our time

Bulldog Force

Referee
You said it will be the first time Andy Murray drops out of the top 4. He's already out of it.
According to this, he's incorrectly still #4!
1zx5ztf.jpg

Apey

Staff member
They are up to date for after the Aus Open on mine.

Sure you went to the right link?

xnuk.png

LatK7

First Grade
Congrats to Stan. Wonderful display, was absolutely killing it in the first and second sets. Great to see him collect himself and win his first major.

Apey

Staff member
Yeah, there too.

Nadal would have cracked 15,000 ranking points if he had won.

I was surprised Del Potro went up and Federer went down.

Latest posts