What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Australian Open Campaign

Apey

Staff member
Yep, went to the link you posted. At the time of my post it wasn't up-to-date, it is now though. Wikipedia isn't updated yet.

Probably just something weird with the site. It was updated (for me) when I posted it.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Yeah, there too.

Nadal would have cracked 15,000 ranking points if he had won.

I was surprised Del Potro went up and Federer went down.
Yeah that's got to do with Stan leap-frogging Federer as he was 2 spots behind him at the start of the tournament. I can't wait for the French Open now (I can't remember the last time I said that) - it should be epic :D

Basically have to make a semi-final to gain anything these days. Berdych went from QF to SF, Federer didn't improve. Ferrer from SF to QF? Murray from the Final..
Still the best they can do.

ek999

First Grade
Yeah, there too.

Nadal would have cracked 15,000 ranking points if he had won.

I was surprised Del Potro went up and Federer went down.

I don't think Del Potro played last year so he wasn't defending any points. Federer had the same result as last year but Berdych and Stan went further then they did last year letting them jump him

Apey

Staff member
I don't think Del Potro played last year so he wasn't defending any points. Federer had the same result as last year but Berdych and Stan went further then they did last year letting them jump him

Ah, didn't realise Del Potro missed the tournament last year.

He didn't. He went out in the third round.
The difference between the third and second is only 45 points, so sweet f**k all.
Though he did miss the French Open. Looks like he could be getting a boost soon.

Apey

Staff member
Guess the dip from Semis to Quarters for Ferrer was enough to put Del Potro ahead then.

Mens
Winner - 2000
Finalist - 1200
Semi Finalist - 720
Quarter Finalist - 360
Fourth Round - 180
Third Round - 90
Second Round - 45
First Round - 10

Womens
Winner - 2000
Finalist - 1400
Semi Finalist - 900
Quarter Finalist - 500
Fourth Round - 280
Third Round - 160
Second Round - 100
First Round - 5

Definitely prefer the womens one.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The womens have to be higher at the slams as they have LESS 'Masters Series' events. Makes up the difference in not having those events.

lockyno1

Post Whore

If you look into it- it is the same amount of points for the year, pretty much exactly, think there was 10 points overall difference last season, so nothing really. The issue the women have is the Masters level events (500 level plus) have almost halved, which is why the massive points difference in majors. It is why the girls that win the majors are the top few.

Latest posts