What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Though i am a fan of the new NRL number design, they dont particularly help easy recognition.

Maybe its just my shity eyes, but at a distance the edges blur together a bit...

not hard to fix but I think they are too cartoon like. They should use the same font that the words NRL are in on the logo for some uniformity.

3304vpw.jpg

This is perfect, exactly what i was talking about before. Definite contrast without clashing colours.

And for the black/dark coloured numbers a white outline is the only change necessary....

Zigwaa

Bench
Love the tigers strip, only thing is the orange is a bit off. More like a blood orange. Needs to be bit lighter

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yep, from a distance it's too red. Needs to be more on the yellow/gold side of orange.

LineBall

Juniors
The only gripe I have about the tigers strip is that from a distance, the black part of the V disappears, and it only looks like they have a white V. Also wish it was a full V like the dragons which goes over the shoulder. That is a thing of beauty.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
The negative exposure far outweighs the chance to troll LU members imo.

i dunno, no such thing as bad publicity.... :sarcasm:
i look forwards to an epic BM meltdown when they wear it

the broncos heritage, whilst it wouldn't be my choice, it is a jersey the broncos won 2 premierships in. whether you want to call it a SL jersey or not it is tied up in the broncos history, the same way other clubs have particular jersey's different to modern designs (i.e. dragons blood and bandages, dogs butcher stripes)

i would have rather they'd made the body maroon instead of white with yellow stripes or vice versa

...and the diamonds were f**king horrid and should never come back

hellteam

First Grade
Dragons strip is so close to perfection, but they spoil it somewhat with the shorts.

If you are going to have such a traditional jersey and socks, surely just the white paints with two vertical lines is the way to go. Their current shorts don't seem to fit in.

Saint Doc

Coach
Dragons strip is so close to perfection, but they spoil it somewhat with the shorts.

If you are going to have such a traditional jersey and socks, surely just the white paints with two vertical lines is the way to go. Their current shorts don't seem to fit in.

Agreed. But it's a minor gripe. Kit scores 98.5/100 from me!

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Anyone done a mock on a yellow titans jersey? Wondering what the white away would look like with yellow replacing white. Maybe a lighter shade of blue too.

Doesn't look too bad on the front, but from the sides it gives me bad memories of the white/navy Broncos jersey.

Saint Doc

Coach
Just saw highlights cowboys vs raiders.

Why would raiders wear white jersey with a yellow vee and blue shorts against a blue/white/yellow kit? When their lime would have contrasted 10,000 times better

NRL needs to step in

The Great Dane

First Grade
Just saw highlights cowboys vs raiders.

Why would raiders wear white jersey with a yellow vee and blue shorts against a blue/white/yellow kit? When their lime would have contrasted 10,000 times better

NRL needs to step in

Because the NRL's uniform rules say that every team may have up to 5 NRL on-field jerseys each year, mandatory home and away jerseys and up to 3 other 'event' jerseys at the clubs discretion.

Apart from when a club chooses to use an event jersey, they must wear either their NRL approved home jersey if at home or NRL away jersey if away.

The home and away jerseys may only be changed once every three years, though teams can apply to change them early, and the NRL are pretty lenient about using other jerseys during the season even if the club has exceeded their 5 jersey limit if there is a good reason to do so (such as wearing a black/classic jersey when a former player/important person to the club dies).
But they are very strict about using the mandatory home and away jersey under normal circumstances.

We were wearing our official away jersey following the NRL's rule, so it's really their fault that we were wearing that jersey that created an unnecessary clash.

BTW, the V on our away jersey in green, yellow and blue, not just yellow and the teams were easily distinguishable on Saturday night.

Last edited:

kdalymc

Bench
I actually think the team just choses to ey...
That's why you never see a bulldogs, sharks, or dragons away jersey. They don't HAVE to wear it. Plus they rarely work... so it's common sense for a few clubs, others just wear white for no reason at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.