What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAZF

First Grade
6368.jpg
7SS3LJS1A-Front_large.jpg

If there were any time to use the white rabbit it would be there. Looks horrendous as is.

Big Sam

First Grade
That's right - they didn't use the white + red/green chevrons jersey even ONCE in last year's season proper

Didn't have Canberra away. But you'll see it in Round 20 this year.

So we don't really need an alternative design for 23 matches of the year. The different panelling is done for $$$ merchandising reasons.

kdalymc

Bench
ha,
f**k me this thread is full of idiots.

theres people who love/can deal with the broncos 'away' jersey, or a yellow eels strip, stating that its simply the colours reversed (signifying no need for a WHITE strip). can put up with saints and dogs never using an away jersey. and (the same) people demanding teams have a white strip or think its ridiculous their away jersey is almost same as home..

5 mins ago we want teams to only wear 1 jersey, now souths must have a white one for away games instead of a minor change to their home? but its cool for broncos/ eels/ tigers/ panthers/ sharks to not have a white one...

brainexplosion.gif

Blues Riff

Bench
We're talking about aesthetics here. It's subjective. Opinions can change.
By the way, the Panthers do have a white strip, the one used in the 9s.

kdalymc

Bench
yes, but they will never use/need to use it. how many teams clash with pink..
actually how many teams clash with black...

100%green

Juniors
Does all this really matter???

If it sells, if it puts money into the clubs and game, if there are fans out there that like collecting or buying different jerseys then does all this crap really matter?

Every year its the same arguments. You can't please everyone. I think this year most of the teams have got it spot on with their home and away jerseys bar Brisbane (I just don't like the design and think Nike is beyond useless in Australia). And if it gets more people walking around town in NRL gear then I am all for it

ek999

First Grade
Those two jerseys were used a grand total of ONCE between them in first grade NRL fixtures over the past two years.

That's right - they didn't use the white + red/green chevrons jersey even ONCE in last year's season proper :lol:

You really are a f**king idiot aren't you? In the last 2 years they have played Canberra in Canberra once which is the only time they need to wear their alternate jersey.

Big Sam

First Grade
You really are a f**king idiot aren't you? In the last 2 years they have played Canberra in Canberra once which is the only time they need to wear their alternate jersey.

Actually we haven't played them there since '11. And when we did we wore an all white uniform (I think it was that week Merritt scored 8 tries).

How does lime green clash with cardinal and myrtle stripes?

It didn't matter in '87 or '89 when the Raiders plowed the Rabbits in to the turf.

I think Souths should be forced to change their red and green stripes anyway. Will encourage more colour blind folks to come to the footy.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

That was exactly my point... but thanks for the insults :thumb

I have always wondered why Souths don't reverse the red with the green on their away jersey to give it an additional point of difference from their home one.

33vowaa.jpg

Myrtle and cardinal would never work together, hence why they stick the stock standard cardinal and myrtle :sarcasm:

I think its a great alternate strip TBH.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't mind it. And I love that it's a direct reversal set too.

beagle

Juniors
Minus the extra blue bar. Pick one of the two imo. They looked pretty good on Sunday night though.

The extra blue bar has traditionally been a part of the yellow away jersey since it was introduced. Keeping with tradition maybe?

Should get to see the yellow jersey in action on Saturday night against the Roosters.

GAZF

First Grade
The extra blue bar has traditionally been a part of the yellow away jersey since it was introduced. Keeping with tradition maybe?

I hate to sound like a dick but you're pointing out the bleeding obvious. I'm saying that they should either get rid of the 4 stripes or the one blue bar. Its obvious that the blue is for the dyldam logo (see sleeves).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts