What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

innsaneink

Referee
The only gripe I have about the tigers strip is that from a distance, the black part of the V disappears, and it only looks like they have a white V. Also wish it was a full V like the dragons which goes over the shoulder. That is a thing of beauty.
You'll hear some piss moaning when we wear the black jumper and all is visible is the white V

The orange is waay too bright...its extreme --- its a colour a 4yo chooses, nothing subtle about it

hellteam

First Grade
Has anyone found out why the titans were able to change their home jerseys after just one (?) year with the last design? The only reason I could think of is because of how bad it was

azsportza

Live Update Team
Anyone done a mock on a yellow titans jersey? Wondering what the white away would look like with yellow replacing white. Maybe a lighter shade of blue too.

Doesn't look too bad on the front, but from the sides it gives me bad memories of the white/navy Broncos jersey.

BirdYellowTitansJersey_zpse3e8d33e.jpg

For reference the original:

NRL+Rd+1+Sharks+v+Titans+6pW1bQ-RDG8l.jpg

cooko

Juniors
Because the NRL's uniform rules say that every team may have up to 5 NRL on-field jerseys each year, mandatory home and away jerseys and up to 3 other 'event' jerseys at the clubs discretion.

Apart from when a club chooses to use an event jersey, they must wear either their NRL approved home jersey if at home or NRL away jersey if away.

The home and away jerseys may only be changed once every three years, though teams can apply to change them early, and the NRL are pretty lenient about using other jerseys during the season even if the club has exceeded their 5 jersey limit if there is a good reason to do so (such as wearing a black/classic jersey when a former player/important person to the club dies).
But they are very strict about using the mandatory home and away jersey under normal circumstances.

We were wearing our official away jersey following the NRL's rule, so it's really their fault that we were wearing that jersey that created an unnecessary clash.

BTW, the V on our away jersey in green, yellow and blue, not just yellow and the teams were easily distinguishable on Saturday night.

Didn't the roosters wear their home jersey away on Thursday night?

The Great Dane

First Grade
Didn't the roosters wear their home jersey away on Thursday night?

Well then they either got an exemption or they broke the rules.

In all honesty I don't think that the Raiders care enough about which jersey is used and when to actually take the time to ask the NRL for an exemption to use the home jersey away, I can just imagine what Junior would be like if some one came to him complaining about this, he'd be like who cares if the jerseys sort of clash if you squint your eyes and tilt your head, it's the away jersey and we are the away team so that's the jersey we are using, now get out of my office so I can get back to real work.

ek999

First Grade
Unless they have changed the rules that simply isn't true. The visiting team can decide which strip to wear unless it clashes with the home teams jersey of choice.

In all cases the Home Team will be entitled to wear the playing strip of their choice. The Visiting Team may apply to the NRL Director of Football (or his nominee) for approval to wear either of their playing strips, however, where the NRL Director of Football (or his nominee) considers that the Visiting Team’s strip selection does not sufficiently contrast with the Home Team’s selection, the NRL Director of Football (or his nominee) may direct the Visiting Team to wear their alternate strip.
http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/documents/concussion2012/NRL_Operations_Manual_2012.pdf

Page 39

The Great Dane

First Grade

ek999

First Grade
No the Raiders have to fill out a form (see page 113) saying which strip they want to wear (home or away) and if their choice clashes with the home team, the NRL will force them to wear the one they didn't choose. If both will clash they need to have an alternate that is completely different and they must wear that.

Raiders chose not to wear their home jersey and the Roosters chose to wear theirs. Broncos also chose to wear their away jersey

Saint Doc

Coach
Because the NRL's uniform rules say that every team may have up to 5 NRL on-field jerseys each year, mandatory home and away jerseys and up to 3 other 'event' jerseys at the clubs discretion.

Apart from when a club chooses to use an event jersey, they must wear either their NRL approved home jersey if at home or NRL away jersey if away.

The home and away jerseys may only be changed once every three years, though teams can apply to change them early, and the NRL are pretty lenient about using other jerseys during the season even if the club has exceeded their 5 jersey limit if there is a good reason to do so (such as wearing a black/classic jersey when a former player/important person to the club dies).
But they are very strict about using the mandatory home and away jersey under normal circumstances.

We were wearing our official away jersey following the NRL's rule, so it's really their fault that we were wearing that jersey that created an unnecessary clash.

BTW, the V on our away jersey in green, yellow and blue, not just yellow and the teams were easily distinguishable on Saturday night.

Absolute bull.

Saints rarely wear their away jersey away. They wear it a total of about 4 times a year, and at least 2 at home in the gong.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Ahh that pretty much confirms exactly what I said!

The Roosters got an exemption from the NRL Director of Football, where the Raiders couldn't be bothered to apply for one.

The Raiders are free to wear their green home jersey every week if they wish. They wouldn't need an exemption at all. The only time they would be required to wear their away strip is V Souths.

They could of (and should of) worn green on Sat night.

mn_tibor

Juniors
Broncos WIL Jersey (sorry for the poor quality) from the online Season Preview just released.

WIL_zps033d7251.png

Essentially the home jersey with pink replacing the gold.

Also the previously seen Heritage

Heritage_zpsf268a481.png

Interestingly the back of the heritage is white. If memory serves me correctly, the original was all maroon on the back.

EDIT: after looking it up on google, the original had a mostly maroon back.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
I will never understand why the Raiders need to have anymore than one jersey... some clubs sure, but if we wore that lime green jersey every week, not a single spectactor, player or commentator could confuse it with any other jersey

which is why i have refused to purchase a jersey since i was old enough to figure out what it was all about. Money sucking bullshit from club and NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts