What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

Canard

Immortal
There are a fair amount of RL fans in Vic who don't support the Storm but buy Storm memberships just to watch RL live.

Im in the first category, but not in the second. As its easy to go to any Storm game at any time and get a good seat (excepting maybe the Warriors ANZAC game).

However those numbers are amazing this far out from the Xmas break and pre the draw being released. I might have to buy a membership just to get a decent seat in years to come.

Delboy

First Grade
Eels 2,286 and only been open since last Thursday, currently only renewals with it open to the public from 6 December.

Amazing given the last 2 seasons, make it 4 seasons

I'm curious about the renewal process at other clubs? At Souths, you can sign up to what they call the "rolling rabbit plan". Basically, once you sign up, your membership is divided into smaller monthly payments which are direct debited each month. This makes it easier for those fans who struggle to come up with the payment in one lump sum.

The big benefit for the club in this, is that once you sign up, you basically agree to be a member until you contact the club and tell them that you don't want to be a member anymore. This opt out, rather than opt in approach means that when the membership options come out for the following year, those who have signed up to the plan are rolled over automatically. It's why we already have nearly 10k members after the membership has only been available for a few weeks.

Do other clubs do this? I'm guessing that they don't because most seem to have started from scratch again. So I guess the next question is, why don't other clubs do this? It would save them all the work of having to chase previous years members to sign up again and again at the start of every new year. Plus you would have to think it would make it easier for the club financially as instead of receiving the majority of memberships in one massive lump sum and having to dole it out for the remainder of the year, they would be receiving a uniform amount each month throughout the year.

I can't believe that a lot of other clubs haven't taken up this method.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I would say the multiple home grounds is a big turn off for most people looking at getting full year memberships

H.H

Juniors
The Broncos do this also.

As do the Roosters.

Our opt out date was November so the rollovers should be counted after the first payments come out on the 15th.

Our count is at 4,576 but the club has said we're on track to crack 5k by the end of this week.

innsaneink

Referee
I'm curious about the renewal process at other clubs? At Souths, you can sign up to what they call the "rolling rabbit plan". Basically, once you sign up, your membership is divided into smaller monthly payments which are direct debited each month. This makes it easier for those fans who struggle to come up with the payment in one lump sum.

The big benefit for the club in this, is that once you sign up, you basically agree to be a member until you contact the club and tell them that you don't want to be a member anymore. This opt out, rather than opt in approach means that when the membership options come out for the following year, those who have signed up to the plan are rolled over automatically. It's why we already have nearly 10k members after the membership has only been available for a few weeks.

Do other clubs do this? I'm guessing that they don't because most seem to have started from scratch again. So I guess the next question is, why don't other clubs do this? It would save them all the work of having to chase previous years members to sign up again and again at the start of every new year. Plus you would have to think it would make it easier for the club financially as instead of receiving the majority of memberships in one massive lump sum and having to dole it out for the remainder of the year, they would be receiving a uniform amount each month throughout the year.

I can't believe that a lot of other clubs haven't taken up this method.
Im pretty sure you'll see WTs adopt this now...moving from Allianz to ANZ where theyre locked in for a decade will see the club able to implement this

Recall reading something that sounded similar to this when renewing last month

Prior to this Humpty was forever changing the seating classifications so people at LO who 2 years ago had GA opposite the ingoal line this season past now found they were gold seats and similar exorbitant price.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Lots of clubs have implemented the ongoing membership either for this year or even last year. Very smart idea and definitely encourages loyalty

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep. Not sure about last year, but the Panthers are doing it this year. I chose that option for my partner and I. Both of us are season ticket holders for a little over $20 per month. We also grabbed our 11 month old son and our unborn son a Junior Proud Panthers membership each. So that the whole family could be members next season. With the pay by the month plan it will barely effect us at all. I also like the fact that I won't have to do anything to renew it next year, and will only have to worry about changing anything when my kids are the age where you need to pay for entry. By then it will just change from 2 adult tickets to a family ticket.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The NRL generally doesn't get involved in it til late Jan or into Feb. Otherwise it's just checking each club's site in the hope they have a counter or seeing if they mention it on social media.

Latest posts