What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

Flapper

First Grade
I got 2 Tigers and 2 Panthers ones yesterday, still major software issues, had to ring the Tigers to renew because they wouldn't let me get more than 1 online, and the Panthers one didn't work unless I repeated the whole process.

Frederick

Staff member
Nope. Couple of years ago they finished on 19k, then last year dropped down to 16.

Following last years success, this is probably our best chance to crack 20

Lambretta

First Grade
Gus tweeted that Penrith have hit 2500 including 1107 new members which is a great result.

I was just in another forum talking up the Panthers new membership package and asking anyone who was local to get on board.

It seems I'm not the only person impressed with the work the Panthers are doing to engage with the community and get people involved.

Great work Penrith.

Lambretta

First Grade
I have now renewed my membership for 2014 - Bronze member

Different question - has anyone mooted the idea of being an NRL member rather than the member of a club?

ie - can you buy memberships to go and watch ANY games you want to?

There are people, especially in Sydney who live near grounds their teams don't play at who might want to rock up and see games live. They might have different groups of friends who support different teams so they might want to join them for a handful of games each season but not want to commit to a certain club.

Therefore do the NRL sell memberships to NRL games?

They could sell 5, 10 or 15 game memberships for example and the proceeds could be split evenly between the clubs.

Just a thought

H.H

Juniors

Different question - has anyone mooted the idea of being an NRL member rather than the member of a club?

There are people, especially in Sydney who live near grounds their teams don't play at who might want to rock up and see games live. They might have different groups of friends who support different teams so they might want to join them for a handful of games each season but not want to commit to a certain club.

They could sell 5, 10 or 15 game memberships for example and the proceeds could be split evenly between the clubs.

Just a thought
And a good one. This is something I'd have bought when I was younger and single as I'd go to at least 30+ games a year.

Would probably work better if you bought your normal club membership, then a "supplementary" NRL membership where you could go to extra games.

Alternatively, they could bring back the $8 away game deal but make it for any game, rather than just for the visiting team on the day.

Ace-STi

Juniors

Just a thought

Anz stadium membership ;)

Lambretta

First Grade
Anz stadium membership ;)

Yes, I thought about this, but doesn't that cost thousands in initial sign up and then ongoing costs etc?

I'd like to see companies buying say 50 or 100 NRL game passes and giving them to employees as rewards, rather like you get for cinema tickets etc. Give an alternative option that can be used right across Sydney in all geographical areas rather than just Homebush.

You could even tie it in with advertising - buy 100 NRL season passes and you get mentioned in Big League or a free ad on the big screen at an NRL game or a weeks free sign at an NRL stadium etc. The company buys something as a reward for it's employees and gets something in return - other than happy staff, which is reward enough anyway.

Your employees might not follow the same team - but I bet a large portion of them follow the NRL. Those that don't can go to the movies.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I was just in another forum talking up the Panthers new membership package and asking anyone who was local to get on board.

It seems I'm not the only person impressed with the work the Panthers are doing to engage with the community and get people involved.

Great work Penrith.

The club has made Membership the number one priority. Everyone has been advised to do their part to help reach the 10,000 target, including the players.

They are almost 1/3 of the way there already so it is a great start.

Swarzey

Bench
Our finals run has done wonders. Really hoping the membership numbers will result in large crowds at home.

Latest posts