What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

Dragons01

First Grade
The fact that the Roosters are still in front of the Dragons at this stage is embarrassing. I know the membership drive started late but come on Dragons fans, you don't want to be beaten by the Roosters.

Saints season seats have been on sale 4 weeks? compared to some clubs that have been on sale for nearly 3 months. Throw in the fact the Roosters won the comp and Saints finished 3rd last and there is a few thousand memberships right there. You would have to expect the Roosters to be well over 10,000 by now having won the comp a few months ago.

H.H

Juniors
The fact that the Roosters are still in front of the Dragons at this stage is embarrassing. I know the membership drive started late but come on Dragons fans, you don't want to be beaten by the Roosters.

Harsh on both counts.

Majority of Rooster memberships traditionally come in the new year so if we reach our target of 20,000 where will that leave us?

Roosters fan base is tiny in comparison to that of the Dragons. Even despite the premiership last year, the Dragons would have 2 to 3 x the number of fans that the Roosters have.

Besides that, the Dragons have bought well for this year and most of their membership packages are cheaper as they are made up of less games than the Roosters packages due to the multiple home ground thing. All of this means that they should flog the Roosters in overall membership numbers.

Dragons fans ar also some of the most passionate I know meaning that on field results generally don't matter. Most roosters fans generally toss up between joing the Roosters or the Waratahs or the Swans at the start of each year, depending on which team they think will do the best.

I have no doubt that the Dragons will have more members than the Roosters by season kick off. I'm just surprised that its taking so long for all of them to sign up. I know the drive started late, but I would have thought that 1 month in, this would no longer be an issue.

H.H

Juniors
Roosters fan base is tiny in comparison to that of the Dragons. Even despite the premiership last year, the Dragons would have 2 to 3 x the number of fans that the Roosters have.

Besides that, the Dragons have bought well for this year and most of their membership packages are cheaper as they are made up of less games than the Roosters packages due to the multiple home ground thing. All of this means that they should flog the Roosters in overall membership numbers.

Dragons fans ar also some of the most passionate I know meaning that on field results generally don't matter. Most roosters fans generally toss up between joing the Roosters or the Waratahs or the Swans at the start of each year, depending on which team they think will do the best.

I have no doubt that the Dragons will have more members than the Roosters by season kick off. I'm just surprised that its taking so long for all of them to sign up. I know the drive started late, but I would have thought that 1 month in, this would no longer be an issue.

And you say you're a different kind of rabbit?

BrissyRedV

Bench

Saints membership numbers jumped 1000 overnight. Expect more of the same over next month with automatic renewals to start kicking in as well.

Saints membership numbers jumped 1000 overnight. Expect more of the same over next month with automatic renewals to start kicking in as well.

The late start would have had a significant impact on the business overall. Considering a football team essentially has only sponsorship and membership income to run on at this time of year, the earlier you bank your membership money, the better.

I don't think the next board meeting will be a pleasant place to be.

Ace-STi

Juniors
The late start would have had a significant impact on the business overall. Considering a football team essentially has only sponsorship and membership income to run on at this time of year, the earlier you bank your membership money, the better.

I don't think the next board meeting will be a pleasant place to be.

Regardless of when you signed up for Dragons, if you were on the rolling payment plan this doesn't start until Feb anyway (basically runs 10 months while footy is on)

So wouldn't matter if you signed up now or in December the direct debits don't start until then anyway

morley101

Juniors
Roosters at 9084 for 2014 at Jan 8 2014
Roosters at 4829 for 2013 at Jane 11 2013

Last edited:

H.H

Juniors
Roosters at 9084 for 2014 at Jan 8 2014
Roosters at 4829 for 2013 at Jane 11 2013

Proving that the majority come in the new year given we finished 2013 on 13,952.

4k+ up on this time last year is fantastic growth and if the norm continues and we increase now we're in the new year then 20k looks achievable.

RWB

Bench
Depends, I still haven't decided whether I'm going to sign up for the Swans, Roosters or Waratahs yet.

:lol: Geez there's some dolts on here

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Roosters have no excuses for 20k minimum, there the premiers.

I think we will get 18k by kickoff and maybe 20k with a strong start. Hopefully all of the clubs will see the benefits of the NRLs marketing of memberships this year, I suspect that will ramp up as the season nears

H.H

Juniors
Or that you have fair weather supporters...

We have our share but name me a club that doesn't. Silly comment.

We are on track to record our 7th consecutive season of membership growth. Think only Souffs can match that. We've probably had 3 good seasons in that time so hardly fair weather behavior.

stevenwbird

Juniors
I wonder how significant the signing of Jamal Idris will be for the Panthers membership drive? He is a marketable league player and kids love him.

Swarzey

Bench
To most casual fans, Idris is a massive signing and will be enough to convince (If it hasn't already) that Penrith have an incredible chance this season.

Latest posts