What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

Flapper

First Grade
Because there's 7 million dormant Magpies fans not getting involved until there's more white.

We have a large casual fanbase, there might be some issues with finances being too tight to afford membership, but of course there's a lot of absolute kumquats on our side protesting until sheens/benji/white come back and every game is at Campbelltown and $5 entry and played on Saturday afternoon against only Sydney teams or some shit.

pHyR3

Juniors
That is SO extremely poor IMO. Why is it so low? What were final numbers last year? I've always thought that the Tigers were one of the top supported clubs in Sydney.

i have absolutely no idea, but i'm very disappointed in the supporters.

guess benji had more impact than previously thought.

here's a tweet from GC Mayer (CEO of the club) that I posted a few pages back.

"Nothing But WT ‏@NothingButWT Mar 6
@princeofchios @gcmayer @Wests_Tigers even though we have a small amount of members this year, would be less with the way the club was run"

"Grant Mayer ‏@gcmayer Mar 6
@NothingButWT @princeofchios @Wests_Tigers news on that as well. Things are not as they seem."

"Nothing But WT ‏@NothingButWT Mar 6
@gcmayer @princeofchios @Wests_Tigers membership wise?"

"Grant Mayer ‏@gcmayer Mar 6
@NothingButWT @princeofchios @Wests_Tigers trying to compare apples with apples. We are busier this year than last. Curious"

no idea if this means they're hiding memberships under the rug for this membership race or what...

slm9

Juniors
Today's telegraph. Total = 203,863
FE455B5D-5C58-4C80-B84F-9E276091699E_zpsmypl81op.jpg

Last edited:

yobbo84

Coach
Astounding that the Rabbitohs have achieved the 3rd highest growth AFTER already signing up 25,000+ members. Fantastic effort.

juro

Bench
Today's telegraph. Total = 203,863
FE455B5D-5C58-4C80-B84F-9E276091699E_zpsmypl81op.jpg
So based on this, the Panthers are ahead using the highest % criterion. They are on 18.2%, followed by the Warriors (17.5%), Roosters (15.1%), Broncos (14.8%) and Tigers (14.5%).

Clubs really need to work on servicing and retaining their existing members to go alongside attracting new ones.

I remember reading not too long ago that the average membership churn rate in the NRL is something like 25%, which is massive.

IIRC correctly Souths have the lowest one, not surprising seeing their member figures.

Basic things like loyalty schemes, automatic roll-overs, cheaper prices for renewal, etc is shit that many clubs still do poorly.

Clubs really need to work on servicing and retaining their existing members to go alongside attracting new ones.

I remember reading not too long ago that the average membership churn rate in the NRL is something like 25%, which is massive.

IIRC correctly Souths have the lowest one, not surprising seeing their member figures.

Basic things like loyalty schemes, automatic roll-overs, cheaper prices for renewal, etc is shit that many clubs still do poorly.

The Eels would be prime example of this. So many complaints about renewals over in the Parra thread, when in reality the easiest thing in the world to do is to renew a passionate football club member. Its almost like shooting fish in a barrel.

ek999

First Grade
I think the Bulldogs now have a loyalty program in place (not sure for how long). Also working with a sponsor Easy Forex on a promotion at the moment. Open an account with Easy Forex and deposit the value of a Bulldogs membership and they will pay the membership for you (2015 membership if you are already a member too). Hopefully increases the membership numbers a bit

Last edited:
I think the Bulldogs now have a loyalty program in place (not sure for how long). Also working with a sponsor Easy Forex on a promotion at the moment. Open an acomerkin with Easy Forex and deposit the value of a Bulldogs membership and they will pay the membership for you (2015 membership if you are already a member too). Hopefully increases the membership numbers a bit

:oops:

I wonder what opening one of those would reveal :D

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
An acomerkin!

Best. Use. Of. Word. Filter. Ever.

And I imagine it wasn't even intentional :lol: