What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
12 home games at one main venue:
Broncos, Raiders, Storm, Knights, Cowboys, Roosters

11 home games + one on the road:
Titans, Panthers

10 home games + two on the road:
Bulldogs, Sea Eagles, Rabbitohs

Special cases:
Warriors - 8 Mt Smart, 3 Eden Park, 1 Wellington
Tigers - 4 Campbelltown, 4 Leichhardt, 4 (+3) ANZ

TBC: Sharks, Eels, Dragons

Timmah

Staff member
As of 19 October

Broncos 4,360
Roosters 3,527
Storm 3,190
Bulldogs 2,000
Rabbitohs 1,652
Tigers 1,183
Knights 1,031
Panthers 595

No figure: Raiders, Titans, Sea Eagles, Cowboys, Warriors

Not released: Sharks, Dragons, Eels

Lambretta

First Grade
Roosters are playing all 12 games at home again this season. Which is great news for me.

I don't mind the Roosters taking 1 game per season on the road

Roosters v Tigers at SCG for example :p

Jokes aside, if we're going to grow the game in other markets or support our grass roots in the country then every club should agree to one game per season in an emerging market or a country market.

I have advocated teams adopting areas before and a good idea would be for teams to play games in other markets on a semi regular basis.

For example - Roosters v Sharks in Adelaide one year and Sharks v Roosters in Adelaide the following year. Adelaide gets the same teams playing there each season but each club only gives up one home game each season.

So the Roosters would be giving up one home game every second year

For the other year you could have Roosters v Manly in say Coffs Harbour or Orange one year and Manly v Roosters the following year. That way you're giving up one home game every second year to benefit the Country.

All NRL clubs do this and you have 11 games at a normal home ground and one at either an interstate City or NSW / QLD regional town each season.

Offer the home road trip as a separate membership and build up a supporter base in an area you will visit on a regular basis getting more out of town / interstate memberships into the future.

Juju

Juniors
As of 19 October

Broncos 4,360
Roosters 3,527
Storm 3,190
Bulldogs 2,000
Rabbitohs 1,652
Tigers 1,183
Knights 1,031
Panthers 595

No figure: Raiders, Titans, Sea Eagles, Cowboys, Warriors

Not released: Sharks, Dragons, Eels

The Warriors membership twitter account had the Warriors at around 2100 as of the 19th.
www.twitter.com/truewarriors

j5o6hn

Juniors
I got my Souths Membership renewed in Perth came on Thursday,just do it on a monthly basis

RWB

Bench
I don't mind the Roosters taking 1 game per season on the road

Roosters v Tigers at SCG for example :p

Jokes aside, if we're going to grow the game in other markets or support our grass roots in the country then every club should agree to one game per season in an emerging market or a country market.

I have advocated teams adopting areas before and a good idea would be for teams to play games in other markets on a semi regular basis.

For example - Roosters v Sharks in Adelaide one year and Sharks v Roosters in Adelaide the following year. Adelaide gets the same teams playing there each season but each club only gives up one home game each season.

So the Roosters would be giving up one home game every second year

For the other year you could have Roosters v Manly in say Coffs Harbour or Orange one year and Manly v Roosters the following year. That way you're giving up one home game every second year to benefit the Country.

All NRL clubs do this and you have 11 games at a normal home ground and one at either an interstate City or NSW / QLD regional town each season.

Offer the home road trip as a separate membership and build up a supporter base in an area you will visit on a regular basis getting more out of town / interstate memberships into the future.

Most clubs haven't maxamised their current markets, why should they be looking to expand? It's an argument I just don't get, if there's an opportunity in a new market then new clubs should be brought in.

I just don't get the argument, if you argued that we should take one home game to the country as a thank you and recognition for all they've given the game then at least that's a real argument to be had.

Dread

Juniors
Sharks memberships are now on sale. Ticketed membership prices are through the roof - my family membership alone has gone up 40% but I know others who have had the cost of their seats almost double.

Might be a bit of a ghost town over at Cronulla next year.

RWB

Bench
They do seem a little high in comparison to most other clubs.

2013 was a good year for the Sharks in terms of memberships, hopefully the don't go backwards from there.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Sharks memberships are now on sale. Ticketed membership prices are through the roof - my family membership alone has gone up 40% but I know others who have had the cost of their seats almost double.

I bet their just preparing fans for their move to New Zealand

Diesel

Referee
I guess they're struggling financially so seem to think raising prices will help but it's just going to turn fans away :(

+1

That's the first thought that came to mind.

With the extra money each club gets, hiking the price by 40-100% is just plain greed

Timmah

Staff member
Confirmed is Eels playing a game in Darwin and Sth's in Perth.

Souths membership info confirms that... where is the Eels to Darwin confirmed?

EDIT: never mind it was announced back in August. Trial match there too.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal

I suppose that they think by doing it now when the team is going well, there is more chance of maintaining members.

Can't see them getting any new ones though. Is it right that new members pay more than existing? Don't think that is wise. Once people leave, they'll never come back, nor will new members sign up.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Fixed. Think we'll be closer to 2,000 than 20,000. Our target is 10,000 and if we hit that it will be a huge achievement IMO.

+1 - With the quality and affordability being ten fold better then previous seasons we should see an increase for certain - Whether it be big enough to get us to 10k though, I'm not too confident - I'd be ecstatic if we broke the 8k mark

Latest posts