What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

Eddie Lab

Juniors
I think 10k will be a great achievement. Does anyone know how many members we had last year?

panthers member totals over the years have been;
2013: 5822
2012: 5686
2011: 6421
2010: 4541
2009: 3349

they had the lowest last year so it would require doubling their total. not impossible as the sharks did it from 2012(5,126) to 2013(10,168) and the warriors in 2011(5472) to 2012(10938).

Tweek

Juniors
Fixed. Think we'll be closer to 2,000 than 20,000. Our target is 10,000 and if we hit that it will be a huge achievement IMO.

From what I hear you will be surprised.

That 10,000 was an old goal and something around 20,000 will be the figure at the end.

Happy for people to bookmark this and bring it back start of the season.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I hope you're right, Tweek.

I have nothing against Penrith.

I know they've been success starved which would no doubt contribute to their poor crowd and member showings, as it does with every club; but they should still be doing much better.

I'd suggest that gross mismanagement over the last decade has as much to do with it as an indifferent fan base.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Wow those member numbers are appalling for Penrith.

Such a consistently small fan base.

the panthers numbers aren't good and have been in the bottom three each year. I'm surprised that Gus hadn't flagged the membership issue sooner, prices/effort needed to be addressed a few years ago.

but enough negativity. if they can get to 8,000 members it'll be a great start to hit the 10k target in 2015. I think the raiders could finally get past 10,000 this year which has been targeted for a few years now.
that will only leave the titans under 10,000 members.

RWB

Bench
I hope you're right, Tweek.

I have nothing against Penrith.

I know they've been success starved which would no doubt contribute to their poor crowd and member showings, as it does with every club; but they should still be doing much better.

I'd suggest that gross mismanagement over the last decade has as much to do with it as an indifferent fan base.

Yeh there's deeper issues than just not experiencing success over the past few years. With all due respect to the hard working people in Penrith a lot of pepole out west do it hard financially and a change in pricing strategy should hopefully see a nice boost in numbers for 2014.

IowaRL

Juniors
I must say, I'm tempted to get a panthers membership this year, even if it would only be a non ticketed one.

mxlegend99

Referee
I picked up my 10 Month old son a Jr Proud Panthers membership for $20. Obviously no need for ticketed membership at that age, but for $20 its cheap to
Make him a member and get a cap, stickers, members card etc.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Penrith love rugby league but they don't love the Panthers.

How can GWS have more members than Penrith? They target the same geographic area more or less. How sad.

Billythekid

First Grade
Considering what the average GWS crowd is and that it's almost certainly massively inflated that certainly makes you wonder how much those membership numbers even mean.

Haffa

Secured my Knights membership. Waiting for draw but will probably grab one of the Titans 4 Game memberships.

Western_Eel

Juniors
Penrith love rugby league but they don't love the Panthers.

How can GWS have more members than Penrith? They target the same geographic area more or less. How sad.

Penrith and Homebush are completely different areas about an hour apart, and i live in Penrith and dont see or hear anything from GWS

Western_Eel

Juniors
I think the problem is and you will notice if you walk down high street is that the people of Penrith are supporters of other NRL teams

Canard

Immortal
Secured my Knights membership. Waiting for draw but will probably grab one of the Titans 4 Game memberships.

I have fleeted with the idea of getting a Storm 4 game or similar, but as its possible to turn up to any game and get a seat when I want anywhere (expect for maybe when the Warriors are playing) its hard to justify.

So I just go for a NQ non-ticketed instead.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think the problem is and you will notice if you walk down high street is that the people of Penrith are supporters of other NRL teams
Yep. I work at Emu Plains and there are more Doggies supporters here. Got supporters of nearly every team here. I'm one of the few Panthers supporters here... when you would expect atleast half the people here to support the local side.