What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

oikee

Juniors
I think the main reason the NRL is pushing towards 400K memberships is because crowds will only rise when memberships are greater than avg crowd figures. If you look at other sports, member numbers are always higher than avg crowds. So although crowds look to be stagnate, it's just reaching a point where there is a bigger chance of a springboard effect in that crowds in the next 5 years will start to increase greatly as long as memberships do.

That sounds reasonable. I will take that on board my next rant.

oikee

Juniors
I'm no bot fact is the rooster numbers are disappointing for a foundation club and current premiers.

The crowds have looked pretty good over the last weekend. The Roosters i have to say have improved, and they have record members as well as the cows i read.
You cant knock improvement.
It is alright to rant like a looney, but when we show improvement it needs to be applauded.
We have very little to cheer about lately except the quality of the players and games.

The crowds have looked pretty good over the last weekend. The Roosters i have to say have improved, and they have record members as well as the cows i read.
You cant knock improvement.
It is alright to rant like a looney, but when we show improvement it needs to be applauded.
We have very little to cheer about lately except the quality of the players and games.

hopeful the quality of the games see increased crowds and membership

Lambretta

First Grade
Roosters should be 20k, no excuses. To be nearly match by penrith who had nowhere near the success of the roosters is damming.

Penrith have always under performed in terms of members and attendances, but Mr Gould and co are building something great out West

To compare Easts to Penrith is a bit misleading and lacks understanding of the markets they're in. Both clubs have their strong points but they also have their challenges

Easts compete in probably the toughest area in the competition. The Eastern Suburbs is a tiny geographical area with the vast majority of the working class part annexed into Souths territory over the years. The only "working class" parts of Easts territory contain about 5 small suburbs. That's it. The other suburbs / harbour side suburbs are pretty much exclusive enclaves of the Wallabies or the national cricket side.

The Eastern suburbs are also considered heartlands of football (mainly the English Premier League if I'm honest but also the A-League), the AFL and Rugby Union in Sydney. The NRL is not a sport that enjoys majority support by any length. For the Roosters to have 15,000 is something of an achievement.

Penrith is a massive working class area where Rugby League is first and foremost the premier sport. But that doesn't translate into a massive supporter base for the Panthers. Many families in the area have moved there from other areas and brought their teams with them. Also Parramatta is equidistant to Blacktown which reduces the support in Penriths largest residential area without a team. Plus Blacktown has a lot of residents who are first generation immigrants that follow soccer from other parts of the World. Add to that the growing threat of AFL and the Panthers are doing a really good job to grow interest in their side.

tldr? Both clubs are doing really well with their recruitment drive and should be congratulated.

cleary89

Coach
Dragons have picked up their game in the last 2 weeks. Sure, winning helps and having our first proper home game, but the 16,000 by x and dugan shaves his beard was something... and then the 17k and you can sky dive into win with brett finch in the game. Heard JDB on talking sport promoting it so at least it's something.

Latest posts