What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

oikee

Juniors
Oikee

What do you think of the Broncos numbers at the moment there near 30k. 30k should be the minimum for the Broncos, there potential for Broncos to be 40k+ surely since it's a one team town. Perhaps having a second Brisbane team can provide that extra spark to reach the 40k point.

They need a second team to start building derby momentum. Same as the team across the ditch, they need a derby team and another team so they are kept on their toes. The players treat the warriors like a halfway house. Come and go as they please, free shakes on Sunday.

I am more impressed by the Cows, and their members have grown.
I can tell you i have stopped supporting them, i put the mocker on them, so i am now supporting the Titans, maybe reverse mocker might work for them,
Sorry about your cows so far, with me backing them they had buckleys of winning.

Saint Doc

Coach
It sounds great to announce 20 thousand memberships, but when your only getting 18 thousand crowds to a local derby, makes you wonder where are these so-called members.
Brisbane on the other hand have 15 then 18 then 22 and now 26 thousand members, but our crowd average is up over 35 thousand.

There has got to be a new way of growing memberships.
I have just thought of a way of doing this, and it involves very little to grow memberships.

Even if you buy a ticket to see a game, your a member, you get a rating.
Weather that is green blue pink orange or whatever. Your satill counted as a member, why, because you attended a game.
Bare with me.
You might not get any rewards for only attending one game, but the ticket or a simple pamphlet should then let you know what a two game attendence of even three games lets you enjoy.

So the more games you attend, the cheaper it gets, and the more your rewarded.
Many cant get to every game as we know, so we need to be selling more smaller memberships that goes towards growing the game and membership numbers.

Much like signing up cats and dogs.

The code needs to become smarter.
Do you think if the AFL had everyone of their so-called club members attending every game, they would all be sold out.
No, they are fooling everyone into thinking they have huge crowds, plus they just post memberships figures for that game.
So if Hawks have 40 thousand members, and they play GWS who have 10 thousand, they post 50 thousand attendence, why you ask, because those members have paid for that game weather they attend or not.

Our code needs to get smarter and start making the game look better for our expectations.

We have a bit of rain, our a crowd that looks small in that huge white elephant, and all the hard work is lost.
this is why Sydney needs a smaller purpose built mega stadium, just like Suncorp and at 50 to 55 thousand, perfect for growing our crowds in a world-class stadium with atmosphere.

TLDR, but in regards to the bolded bit, you have it the wrong way round. 20k members with 18k crowds shows you're actually maximising your membership, getting majority of your crowd to join up.

It's a disgrace that bris can't convince regular attendees to sign up. They have a 10,000 disparity between crowd and membership numbers, and when you think about individual ppl that's probably 20,000 people who REGULARLY attend who they can't convince to become a member

SD

Provided Dragons win tonight wouldn't be surprised if they reach 20k very quickly, who would of thought considering the rough patch of 2013. Dragons is another club that has 30k+ member potential provided the stars align along with the Bulldogs, Tigers, Souths and Eels in NSW.

Last edited:

Doomednow

Bench
updated numbers from Daily terror and websites. bold numbers are up compared to this time last year

Panthers 12,479

numbers from 02/04/2013

Panthers 5,875

We may not have the most members but that's a pretty excellent improvement from our admittedly abysmal previous numbers.

oikee

Juniors
TLDR, but in regards to the bolded bit, you have it the wrong way round. 20k members with 18k crowds shows you're actually maximising your membership, getting majority of your crowd to join up.

It's a disgrace that bris can't convince regular attendees to sign up. They have a 10,000 disparity between crowd and membership numbers, and when you think about individual ppl that's probably 20,000 people who REGULARLY attend who they can't convince to become a member

I agree, and they need to become smarter with the way they sign members. I mean if you attend two games a year, you should be rated as a member, not in the sense of full member, but you should get a ranking. All teams should do this as well.
Say if you turned up to 3 games, then you might get a discount or something and be offically ranked as a part time member, stuff like that. To make fans feel wanted.
As for the Broncos crowds, a lot are league fans, they might be turning up to games but not a Broncos fan fully.

A lot are waiting for the second Brisbane team. I think you will find they will have a good membership base straight off, the second Brisbane team.
Brisbane was offically voted the ugliest city in the world today. So we bad, we ugly and now we are league heartland according to Davy Smith.
We are starting to win things.
Makes you feel really peroud that, taking out the honours of becoming the ugliest city ,,,,,"In the World".
We have worked damm hard to achieve this momentous occasion.
Bad planning, bad management, bad money management, bad public transport.
We deserve this award, took us years to make this city this ugly. hehe

Last edited:

Eddie Lab

Juniors
DT also published some membership facts;
- the Penrith Panthers have the highest percentage or returning members oin the NRL this season.
- the Parramatta Eels have the largest number of family memberships.
- 39 per cent of the game's international members hail from the UK, with the highest number of international members based in the US, Hong Kong, Singapore and PNG.
- The Bulldogs have more interstate members than any club.
- the club with the highest percentage of women is the Titans while the Broncos have the most female members in the code.

Raiderdave

First Grade
good to see we are on track for another record year of memberships

hopefully tigers, dragons, eels, broncos and penrith carry the momentum

souths will find form and theyll reach their 32k target no worries

looking at those figures from yesterday I think we can predict the following final numbers for each team to be something around this

South Sydney 32,000
Brisbane 30,000
Dragons 19,500
Parramatta 17,500
Roosters 16,500
Bulldogs 16,000
Knights 16,000
Penrith 15,000
Storm 15,000
Manly 12,500
Cowboys 12,000
Tigers 11,000
Warriors 10,500
Titans 9,000
Raiders 9,000
Sharks 9,000

about 251K all up
an increase of about 25K on 2013.... or 12%

a pass mark
nothing spectacular
but ok I spose

need to get to 300K by the end of 2015

oikee

Juniors
looking at those figures from yesterday I think we can predict the following final numbers for each team to be something around this

South Sydney 32,000
Brisbane 30,000
Dragons 19,500
Parramatta 17,500
Roosters 16,500
Bulldogs 16,000
Knights 16,000
Penrith 15,000
Storm 15,000
Manly 12,500
Cowboys 12,000
Tigers 11,000
Warriors 10,500
Titans 9,000
Raiders 9,000
Sharks 9,000

about 251K all up

a pass mark
nothing spectacular
but ok I spose

Are those numbers correct. ?
I thought the Cows just passed 13 thousand record for the club. I could be wrong.

As for the rabbits being on top, highly doubt that, Brisbane will surge to the lead soon enough, The wabbits have hit the wall now and will struggle with Inglis thinking about what he missed by not signing with the Broncos, and Sam Burgess mind on union.

Reynolds is not a grand final half as well.
Souths are coming apart at the seems. Seams even.

Love ya work on that footy site Raiderdave.
You ever get tired of smacking sense into those ball punchers.
Dont waste your life on a site like that, i wasted 7 years on the roar site.

pHyR3

Juniors
if you read it it says " I think we can predict the following final numbers for each team to be something around this"

Western_Eel

Juniors

South Sydney 32,000
Brisbane 30,000
Dragons 19,500
Parramatta 17,500
Roosters 16,500
Bulldogs 16,000
Knights 16,000
Penrith 15,000
Storm 15,000
Manly 12,500
Cowboys 12,000
Tigers 11,000
Warriors 10,500
Titans 9,000
Raiders 9,000
Sharks 9,000

about 251K all up

a pass mark
nothing spectacular
but ok I spose

Those numbers are pretty good if you look back at where we were 10yrs ago

oikee

Juniors
if you read it it says " I think we can predict the following final numbers for each team to be something around this"

"You talking to me" ??
If you read it mine says i "thought" the cows announced a record already of over 13 thousand, i could be wrong.
Even if it is 12 thousand, they will easily make 15 thousand.
Cows look strong this year, ready to make the top 8 at least.
As for the Broncos being on top of the membership pile, yes they will be.
I dont see how predictions can put the bunnies on top when they have not come close to a 40 thousand crowd like the Broncos do, or even 30 thousand for that matter.

Brisbane this year has greater scope to grow memberships, having a superstar like Barba helps, next year if we get Milford, they will grow memberships even more.

The wabbits are more likely to lose faith and member growth as fans become disillusioned by
Burgesses constant sitting on the side lines for faowl play, and Ingliss;es tweetering about wanting out of the club.
The noise coming outta Sydney is deafening.
He even said he has not got a problem with souths, that means the opposite in league talk.
He wants out.
Club in crisis, sack the coach.
Crowds will be down to 10 thousand as they miss the eight.
Belted by last years wooden spooners. or close enough.

Billythekid

First Grade
The question is when this will start having a real impact on crowds. It's great seeing the numbers go up and it's good that clubs are getting more money. I just hope it actually starts translating to crowds eventually.

oikee

Juniors
When the game's media stops publishing negative stories and they fix the stadiums and players stop announcing they are off to union and they change the player buying and selling market to after the grand final so players dont tell you they are leaving to union because our stadiums are crap and the media is picking on them all the while having to read shite made up about them by News Limited.

Answer your question Billy.

Apart from that we are doing fine, our crowds are going backwards nicely and viewers are tuning out.

pHyR3

Juniors
i think the WCC, RLWC and Auckland 9s has led to a very dross start to the season crowds wise with a short off season.

the middle of this year will be far better than other years (or at least last year) so we should finish up with an okay average. Haven't seen any horrible crowds as of yet, and if the weather gets a bit better we can get solid totals over the next few weeks as well

georgesnmith

Juniors
The question is when this will start having a real impact on crowds. It's great seeing the numbers go up and it's good that clubs are getting more money. I just hope it actually starts translating to crowds eventually.

clubs getting more money is a hugely important goal.

probably more so than crowds.

if people want to pay for a membership and not go to games thats still a result for the club

Latest posts