What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

Diesel

Referee
The problem is for Warriors away members like me Living in Australia, is it's a $29 donation with nothing in return, it's a piss poor membership where I get 10% off Canterbury clothing in NZ (it's cheaper to buy in Australia without added shipping costs) a members card, a lanyard and a sticker (yay).

Last edited:

HHH

Juniors
The problem is for Warriors away members like me Living in Australia, is it's a $29 donation with nothing in return, it's a piss poor membership where I get 10% off Canterbury clothing in NZ (it's cheaper to buy in Australia without added shipping costs) a members card, a lanyard and a sticker (yay).

i started a thread with the idea that your warriors membership would get you to any warriors game in sydney for half price

That way it becomes heaps better value

Diesel

Referee
i started a thread with the idea that your warriors membership would get you to any warriors game in sydney for half price

That way it becomes heaps better value

That would be a pretty good idea.
I'd just be happy if it gave me an option for 1 or two half-priced tickets to the Titans or Broncos game once a year, but it doesnt. I go to each game at Suncorp and try to go when they play in the GC.

Sydney & SEQ have a lot of Kiwi's, the Warriors should be tapping into this market too, but they don't.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Warriors are a poorlY run club. They should have the biggest membership base in the NRL and should be adding to crowds of other clubs significantly by engaging kiwis in Australia and having memberships that get them in games here. They need a major shake up on and off the field.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There would have been 5000 kiwis at nib cheering them on last year. Knowing they were coming back this year you would have thought they would have done a WA membership.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
updated numbers from Daily terror and websites. bold numbers are up compared to this time last year
Broncos 26,097
Bulldogs 13,712
Cowboys 11,089
Dragons 16,987
Eels 15,212
Knights 15,219
Panthers 12,479
Rabbitohs 28,795
Raiders 7,685
Roosters 14,759
Sea Eagles 11,023
Sharks 7,526
Storm 13,487
Titans 8,058
Warriors 8,704
Tigers 8,004
Total 218,836

numbers from 02/04/2013
Broncos 24,398
Bulldogs 16,368
Cowboys 10,396
Dragons 18,888
Eels 15,011
Knights 16,008
Panthers 5,875
Rabbitohs 23,938
Raiders 8,221
Roosters 12,055
Sea Eagles 9,086
Sharks 9,000
Storm 12,867
Titans 8,064
Warriors8,607
Tigers 10,851
Total 209,633

Last edited:

oikee

Juniors
Looks like the Wabbits have hit the brick wall and the Broncos are coming to get them. It is amazing what a superstar or two can do for a club.
Same as the Dragons, one superstar player to guide the team and every man and his dog wants the red V to be part of them.

Cows are going great guns, Roosters and Eels look good, and Warriors need a new marketing strategy.
They have the largest fan base in Australia all locked out.
I would love to see a second team out of Wellington with a switched on marketing department and give this club a huge wake-up call.
They based their club culture around the Broncos but dont seem to have learned anything, the Panthers on the other hand are absolutely killing it, and with Gus Gould also basing his club around the culture and set-up of the Broncos, the Panthers are killing it, big crowds, bought the right coach and the right players.
Competition is the wake-up call the warriors really need.

If they lose this weekend in Wellington, i think it is all over for the warriors. A second team would have to be top of the expansion list.
They will kill NZ rugby league if they dont get a second team into NZ.
The warriors have had long enough to improve, they gone backwards.
Let's gone warriors.
8,700 for a one city team that has had 30 years to grow. Awful figures.
Compare now to the Storm who have had just over 10 years. ?

georgesnmith

Juniors
updated numbers from Daily terror and websites. bold numbers are up on last year
Broncos 26,097
Bulldogs 13,712
Cowboys 11,089
Dragons 16,987
Eels 15,212
Knights 15,219
Panthers 12,479
Rabbitohs 28,795
Raiders 7,685
Roosters 14,759
Sea Eagles 11,023
Sharks 7,526
Storm 13,487
Titans 8,058
Warriors 8,704
Tigers 8,004
Total 218,836

numbers from 02/04/2013
Broncos 24,398
Bulldogs 16,368
Cowboys 10,396
Dragons 18,888
Eels 15,011
Knights 16,008
Panthers 5,875
Rabbitohs 23,938
Raiders 8,221
Roosters 12,055
Sea Eagles 9,086
Sharks 9,000
Storm 12,867
Titans 8,064

Warriors8,607
Tigers 10,851
Total 209,633

good to see we are on track for another record year of memberships

hopefully tigers, dragons, eels, broncos and penrith carry the momentum

souths will find form and theyll reach their 32k target no worries

oikee

Juniors
tigers are actually up on last year

last year they counted 3000 kids passes in total, this year they arent.

It sounds great to announce 20 thousand memberships, but when your only getting 18 thousand crowds to a local derby, makes you wonder where are these so-called members.
Brisbane on the other hand have 15 then 18 then 22 and now 26 thousand members, but our crowd average is up over 35 thousand.

There has got to be a new way of growing memberships.
I have just thought of a way of doing this, and it involves very little to grow memberships.

Even if you buy a ticket to see a game, your a member, you get a rating.
Weather that is green blue pink orange or whatever. Your satill counted as a member, why, because you attended a game.
Bare with me.
You might not get any rewards for only attending one game, but the ticket or a simple pamphlet should then let you know what a two game attendence of even three games lets you enjoy.

So the more games you attend, the cheaper it gets, and the more your rewarded.
Many cant get to every game as we know, so we need to be selling more smaller memberships that goes towards growing the game and membership numbers.

Much like signing up cats and dogs.

The code needs to become smarter.
Do you think if the AFL had everyone of their so-called club members attending every game, they would all be sold out.
No, they are fooling everyone into thinking they have huge crowds, plus they just post memberships figures for that game.
So if Hawks have 40 thousand members, and they play GWS who have 10 thousand, they post 50 thousand attendence, why you ask, because those members have paid for that game weather they attend or not.

Our code needs to get smarter and start making the game look better for our expectations.

We have a bit of rain, our a crowd that looks small in that huge white elephant, and all the hard work is lost.
this is why Sydney needs a smaller purpose built mega stadium, just like Suncorp and at 50 to 55 thousand, perfect for growing our crowds in a world-class stadium with atmosphere.

bottle

Coach
It sounds great to announce 20 thousand memberships, but when your only getting 18 thousand crowds to a local derby, makes you wonder where are these so-called members.
Brisbane on the other hand have 15 then 18 then 22 and now 26 thousand members, but our crowd average is up over 35 thousand.

There has got to be a new way of growing memberships.
I have just thought of a way of doing this, and it involves very little to grow memberships.

Even if you buy a ticket to see a game, your a member, you get a rating.
Weather that is green blue pink orange or whatever. Your satill counted as a member, why, because you attended a game.
Bare with me.
You might not get any rewards for only attending one game, but the ticket or a simple pamphlet should then let you know what a two game attendence of even three games lets you enjoy.

So the more games you attend, the cheaper it gets, and the more your rewarded.
Many cant get to every game as we know, so we need to be selling more smaller memberships that goes towards growing the game and membership numbers.

Much like signing up cats and dogs.

The code needs to become smarter.
Do you think if the AFL had everyone of their so-called club members attending every game, they would all be sold out.
No, they are fooling everyone into thinking they have huge crowds, plus they just post memberships figures for that game.
So if Hawks have 40 thousand members, and they play GWS who have 10 thousand, they post 50 thousand attendence, why you ask, because those members have paid for that game weather they attend or not.

Our code needs to get smarter and start making the game look better for our expectations.

We have a bit of rain, our a crowd that looks small in that huge white elephant, and all the hard work is lost.
this is why Sydney needs a smaller purpose built mega stadium, just like Suncorp and at 50 to 55 thousand, perfect for growing our crowds in a world-class stadium with atmosphere.

I can read just fine fully clothed thanks.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Actually that is what exactly happens at the WC Eagles, you have to become a waiting member (usually for 5 years) to one day become a member as every game is effectively sold out to members.
Until you get a 35-40k decent stadium in Sydney you will never get that situation. Why should I be a member of a team playing in stadium where I know I can just walk up every game if the mood suits me and get a decent seat? Having said that the savings with some clubs are significnat so you'd be mad not to be a member if you are going to regulalry attend.

Good to see it is growing but it is pretty slow for many clubs. Probably a reflection of clubs that are well run, and those that continue to be mismanaged.

pHyR3

Juniors
tracking for about 4-5% growth on last year.

not great, 10% should really be the minimum. I was hoping for 15% this year and next.

maybe they have more in store for 2015...

Oikee

What do you think of the Broncos numbers at the moment there near 30k. 30k should be the minimum for the Broncos, there potential for Broncos to be 40k+ surely since it's a one team town. Perhaps having a second Brisbane team can provide that extra spark to reach the 40k point.

Latest posts