What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Draw

Gas Panic!

First Grade
Am I the only person who would like to see a bit more randomness in the makeup of the draw? I think trying to squeeze in too many marquee games + consider every clubs preferences makes it too artificial.

Brutus

Referee
What round is the 1991 GF re-match between Pen and Canb.

Or the 1978 Amco Cup Final replay between St George and Easts?

Diesel

Referee
How many years have Eels v Warriors opened? This must be the 4th straight year.

Bulldogs v Broncos and Rabbitohs v Roosters also held on the same days in the opening round of 2013.

Why are the Cowboys scheduled to play several home games early season in the heat and during the wet season.

These merkin companies that sell this high tech software for the best possible draws do about as shit of a job as I've ever seen.

For $100k I'll start planning the 2015 draw

Brutus

Referee
Can't believe we have to endure another two month long Origin wankfest. It's a joke that 1/3 of the competition is rendered a virtual waste because of this shit.

Pathetic decision form the NRL. They've learned nothing.

I fully agree. The 9 week origin tossathon killed the NRL last year.

ek999

First Grade
So Channel 9 have ignored Melbourne vs Manly, two top 4 teams last year, in favour of last year's 14th vs 15th.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Derp. 9 would have used their first 2 picks on the Thursday and Friday matches. Their other choice is about number 5 or so

innsaneink

Referee
derp. 9 would have used their first 2 picks on the thursday and friday matches. Their other choice is about number 5 or so
lol

Very very happy with round one
-Sunday game
-ANZ - (WTs territory) reciproccal tix in members deals should see lots of WTs support
-Good chance to start with a win

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
Yeh, from a 4-4-4 dragons home split standpoint, round 1 at ANZ and round 5 at SCG v souths are probably the best options. Round 1 should get 25k+ and so should the game at the scg. Hopefully the other 2 aren't too late in the season when we are going like busteds. Actually, it's our ANZAC day game this year isn't it? So only 1 more which could be a dud crowd (but even then, it's probably against the dogs which should get 20k+), but 3 which should be real good.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How many years have Eels v Warriors opened? This must be the 4th straight year.

Bulldogs v Broncos and Rabbitohs v Roosters also held on the same days in the opening round of 2013.

Why are the Cowboys scheduled to play several home games early season in the heat and during the wet season.
Bulldogs played Cowboys on Saturday at Bluetongue in Round 1 this year... Broncos v Manly at Suncorp was the Friday game.

As for Cowboys - how would you even know their draw? :/

I fully agree. The 9 week origin tossathon killed the NRL last year.
Back to basic maths for you.

It's 6 weeks ;)

Timmah

Staff member
@josh_massoud: @Cronulla_Sharks have also been dudded deluxe: four Monday night games in first 13 rounds.
Thanks NRL............................
This is the same Massoud claiming Souths v Manly R2 will be at Gosford when the ground is booked for A-League, and also suggested Eels v Dogs will be back at Pirtek "for the first time in over a decade" despite the fixture being played there in 2007.

I'd take his shit with a grain of salt. I think Buzz said four in first 11 rounds, who knows they might not have any after that?

ek999

First Grade
This is the same Massoud claiming Souths v Manly R2 will be at Gosford when the ground is booked for A-League, and also suggested Eels v Dogs will be back at Pirtek "for the first time in over a decade" despite the fixture being played there in 2007.

I'd take his shit with a grain of salt. I think Buzz said four in first 11 rounds, who knows they might not have any after that?

I thought that was played at ANZ with a recripocal ticketing arrangement. Or is that not happening this year?

Timmah

Staff member
Hence why I'm taking his report with a grain of salt. Not only is it normally the reciprocal game, it's been there within the last decade.

I'm basically saying he's full of it :)

Timmah

Staff member
By "half the players" you mean "Paul Gallen", right?