What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Carrying on from the last thread, the Broncos 9s jersey should be their MAIN...

barba11.jpg

They dont even need the patterns at the bottom; just a clean design in this Gold-Caramel colour, with maroon shorts and socks.

Going all-Maroon is to close to the QLD origin kit, but using the Gold as their core colour with the maroon as contrast would be perfect...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh very ugly.
On the sharks empty jersey how can sponsors pull out mid season? Are they not contracted for the full year?

Timbo

Staff member
I am getting sicker and sicker of two things:

A - the sheer amount of advertising on jerseys. It's just ridiculous now.

And

B - the number of clubs that have about 400 jerseys, none of which have any sort of central colour theme. The Warriors are by far the worst offender in this regard.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The panthers need to stop wearing pink. I mean pink? Really?

I disagree; Black, White and Pink is a great direction for the Panthers brand. Very distinct in the Australian sporting landscape...

Looks good too. Id like to see them use it on a permanent basis (Predominantly Black toned with pink as the main jersey)

eg
378594_253336268054054_196722317048783_656538_568351605_n.jpg

Last edited:

Blues Riff

Bench
No, we don't want the Pink as the main strip. We like the Black. Pink will be the alternative for a while though, very popular. The White is just a special for the kids, it helps promote the new logo.

LeagueNut

First Grade
The panthers need to stop wearing pink. I mean pink? Really?
They won't be wearing it this weekend - the Warriors have decided to participate in Women in League round, about two months late.

Serious question for Panthers fans though - let's say you make the GF but can't wear your main black jersey because of a clash. Which of your alternate jerseys would you want the club to use instead??

Blues Riff

Bench
They won't be wearing it this weekend - the Warriors have decided to participate in Women in League round, about two months late.

Serious question for Panthers fans though - let's say you make the GF but can't wear your main black jersey because of a clash. Which of your alternate jerseys would you want the club to use instead??
If not Black, White for the big one. Pink in the other finals.

Diesel

Referee

Really? They e worn their actual black home jersey twice this season (may be 3 times), a home game in Wellington an away game at Kograh (and perhaps an away game vs Bulldogs in Hamilton)

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

- If the Panthers ARE looking to make pink a core brand of the club, then the WIL jersey is the way to go (GF images would be the clubs most viewed this year, bar none. Wearing pink would go a long way to claiming it as their own).

- If they are just going to keep pink only for Women In League evens, the White jersey with the big Panther is the way to go, just for brand awareness...

From a long-term branding perspective, wearing either of their 2 alternates in a Grand Final would actually have more benefit than wearing their main. Even if they come first, it would be smart to choose either the White or the Pinks ahead of the Black.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
No, we don't want the Pink as the main strip. We like the Black. Pink will be the alternative for a while though, very popular. The White is just a special for the kids, it helps promote the new logo.

Yeah, black as the Main jersey is definitely the way to go.

But if are going to use Black, White and Pink and their colours (in the same way the Tigers have Black, White and Orange), then the Panthers should trim the jersey with pink.

Eg. just replace the blue collar, sleeves (and maybe number) with pink in this...

eba7erum.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Should we really be advocating yet another change for Penrith? They've pretty much used every colour possible since 1967.

Blues Riff

Bench
Yeah, black as the Main jersey is definitely the way to go.

But if are going to use Black, White and Pink and their colours (in the same way the Tigers have Black, White and Orange), then the Panthers should trim the jersey with pink.

Eg. just replace the blue collar, sleeves (and maybe number) with pink in this...

eba7erum.jpg
I think the plan is to replace the teal trim on the Black strip with Gold, already seen on the White strip and training gear. Teal highlights will remain in the logo.