What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Origin: Game 2

I f**king care. This is about my home and the superiority of my home over every other f**king place in this country. Whenever NSW comes up against another state I care. When it's rugby league it's even more important.

f**k Queensland. They need to be put in their incestuous place. merkins.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't really care who wins but I enjoy watching rugby league being played at the highest level. Game 1 was one of the best games I have ever seen. Why would we want to get rid of it?

yy_cheng

Coach
do you guys care more about NSW winning or parra?

I really only care abt NSW if parra player plays in it but I do watch it

Gareth Keenan

Juniors
I don't really care who wins but I enjoy watching rugby league being played at the highest level. Game 1 was one of the best games I have ever seen. Why would we want to get rid of it?

I enjoy watching but don't care at all who wins. I actually think the game has outgrown it a bit. Is it really the highest level if a fair amount of players aren't allowed to play? Sonny Bill etc

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I enjoy watching but don't care at all who wins. I actually think the game has outgrown it a bit. Is it really the highest level if a fair amount of players aren't allowed to play? Sonny Bill etc

It's the highest level we've got. Although you are right, it could be even higher.

Mickyd39

Juniors
I f**king care. This is about my home and the superiority of my home over every other f**king place in this country. Whenever NSW comes up against another state I care. When it's rugby league it's even more important.

f**k Queensland. They need to be put in their incestuous place. merkins.

This is what State of Origin is about. Well said HJ.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

byrner

Juniors
I am a massive Parra fan, but other then the 09 GF I cant remember the last time Parra losing caused me to be depressed for days. Origin on the other hand, I stressed so much in the last 25 minutes of game 1 that I felt physically ill the next day.

To quote HJ: who cares? I f**cking care!

P.s.
I also f**cking hate qld!
Rubbing it in our face for 8 years about how theyhave more passion. If we won 8 in a row Origin would be dead.

I also couldn't give a toss if we win because all their players are out. If Jarryd and fergo played all the games last year we win the series, and you didnt see them saying they wanted to beat our best team.

Last edited:

Haynzy

First Grade
do you guys care more about NSW winning or parra?

I really only care abt NSW if parra player plays in it but I do watch it

I'd take a Parra grand final win over a NSW Origin series win anyday.

In saying that, Origin was important to me when I lived in NSW but now that I'm away I think it means more.
I guess it's the tribalism, "That's my mob!"

Gronk

Staff member
State of Origin has become a joke. It is merely a series of exhibition games. Admittedly we get to see a (usually) very high level of football expertise displayed, but the games themselves are meaningless. Does anyone really care who wins?
And yet the NRL season is disrupted and virtually held to ransom. Key players get injured. Clubs lose their star players. And now it seems that players who won't even be taking the field will be ineligible to play for their clubs because their selection (or non-selection) for origin will not be known until the last minute. What a shame that the television revenue for these games is so high. What a pity that the NRL created this monster that they now can't get rid of.

Well would you prefer that they take a break from the NRL mid season like they do with Super Rugby ?

They basically shut down the comp for June whilst they play France + NZ.

Alternatively you could play rep games after the grand final - but interest would waine I expect.

Or could just scrap it.

My view is that the current set up isn't perfect, but until such time that a viable and better alternative is put forward, it's gotta stay as is.

IFR33K

Coach
Could it be possible the Dugan will start at fullback??

With hayne shifting to the centres.

Latest posts