What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Pre-Season stuff

Ron's_Mate

Bench
MU pobjie had attitude by the spade full to make up for his lack of skill, every team hated playing against him, he was in their face all day(usually offside by 5 mtrs). Now I have not seen Braith display that same win at all costs attitude.
Pobjie was always good for a laugh. I recall around '88 is a semi against Cronulla at the SFS, ET got penalised for a tackle on Pobjie & while the ref was lecturing ET, Pobjie hurled the football at his face. For that I think he got sent to the bin, or in some way managed to turn it into a negative for the Tigers.

BrotherJim05

Bench
WESTS Tigers fans can expect more heartache from talent lost to Cronulla, with centre Blake Ayshford tearing into pre-season with the Sharks.

Though the Cronulla team is still under a cloud of possible ASADA sanctions against players, Ayshford is impressing in the Shire after asking for a release from the Tigers.

Starting a two-year deal at the Sharks, the 100kg centre is in the best condition of his career according to fellow former Tiger Chris Heighington.

"He's killing it, he's looking really sharp and he's lost a lot of weight," Heighington said.

"I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes. He's a really talented kid and he's been enjoying training with the Sharks and living in the area.

"It's another one from the Wests Tigers to the Sharks and he should go well. He's had a few injuries but he's got his body sorted now, lost a lot of body fat and he's training well.

"He looks like a different bloke to be honest."
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ti...cronulla-in-2014/story-fndujljl-1226807828141

I said this once before but even if Ayshford becomes the best centre in the game, I'm still glad we moved him one so that we could resign Simona.
Its pretty shit that he didn't try losing the weight untill he moved club.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Also, what the hell happened to Fulton? He was the heart and soul of our defense and we will struggle without him. Seriously, he was in the top 10 NRL players for 2013 for most tackles made.

I don't think combinations is a big worry yet. Defense and fitness were our key weaknesses for 2013 so as long as we are working on fixing this we will do better. I just hope Robbie and Brooks are working together as its these guys who will really be steering the team around

gronkathon

First Grade
The "effort" Ayshford put in at the back end of the season was truly deplorable.

Nick Graham level commitment

Matchball

Bench
Please don't suggest Moltzen. I can't cop his lack of heart and I don't understand why we still have him.
He only looked good running off his bumchum and with him gone he will become a liability.
Reserve fullback at best.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I got told by a wests tigers staff member that after the loss to parra the coaching staff called Ayshford into the office and asked him if he wanted to leave the club immediently as it was obvious he didn't give a shit anymore...no word of a lie

Vic Mackey

Referee
Pobjie was always good for a laugh. I recall around '88 is a semi against Cronulla at the SFS, ET got penalised for a tackle on Pobjie & while the ref was lecturing ET, Pobjie hurled the football at his face. For that I think he got sent to the bin, or in some way managed to turn it into a negative for the Tigers.

When I was about 5 I met pobjie at the Easter show with my dad. They had played the dogs that week and won, however dad obviously hadn't been impressed with mick as he bagged him during the game. When I met pobjie with my dad I said 'my dad said you play like a *#%$' completely innocently. He just laughed and said 'I've been called worse' whilst my went redder then a tomato.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just heard on the news that Yilleen Gordon has been sacked by the club for writingvan offensive message while at a school for an anti bullying campaign

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pobjie for mine was utterly useless, getting in the face of the opposition was something he did occasionally.

Generally he was slow, had shit hands, crap in defence and he looked like he was in slow motion in attack.

Just like Braith in 2014.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
got me beat how he has still managed to get picked in first grade games over the past 3 years

I will say it again,Anasta needs to be in the second row behind the fence,siting on his ar*e drinking latte's watching the footy,that is the nearest he should come to our team.There was a reason the Rorters did not want him which was bloody obvious to all but Sheens.

Matchball

Bench
Sheens loves the good old Kangaroo boys club.
I remember Sheens using the point of Kangaroo experience made Anasta a great buy. Ha.

DanOz

Juniors
If Moltzen was fit I doubt Potter would.
I know everyone bags Moltzen but prior to his injury he looked better last year than I have ever seen him with the exception of when Wests were winning consecutive games with Marshall / Moltzen in the halves. I would have liked to see Moltzen play outside of Brooks. He has speed, he can run a good line into holes, and with a real halfback to take the play maker pressure off him, hopefully Sheens was not fully successful in eliminating whatever he learned as a junior kangaroo in the halves