What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Pre-Season stuff

Tiger05

First Grade
I heard the same. I am predicting you will have both Anasta and Austin in the starting 17 Round 1. Anasta can always move to the pack and make 3 tackles and 2 hit ups if he doesn't perform at 6...

This is exactly what I don't want to see. Who knows maybe he will go well in the halves. I think Brooks has to be there and therefore Anasta gets the 6. I don't like the idea of having Austin on the bench.

If Anasta starts playing like a dud I hope Potter does something about it. I think worst case is Anasta plays in the forwards and does sweet FA.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Heard reports that Halatau is out for 4 months with a broken ankle

Vic Mackey

Referee
I was at the game last night. Anasta and Austin combined brilliantly. Austin did the majority of the play making, Anasta was busy barking instructions and kicked well. It was against a weakened opponent but I don't think you could have asked much more of them.

They have both slimmed down and looked quick, Anasta is the slimmest I've seen him in years, I couldn't see him playing second row anymore.

As said it is was only a trial against a weakened opposition, but If they play well in the 9s and against the sharks, and brooks only gets 40mins or so in that trial....I'd be ok with them being our round 1 halves pairing and brooks playing a week or 2 in the nsw cup/20s. Seriously the guy is 19, hopefully he will be our 7 for the next 15 years, there is no point in rushing him, he hasn't even done full contact at training yet.

DanOz

Juniors
I was at the game last night. Anasta and Austin combined brilliantly. Austin did the majority of the play making, Anasta was busy barking instructions and kicked well. It was against a weakened opponent but I don't think you could have asked much more of them.

They have both slimmed down and looked quick, Anasta is the slimmest I've seen him in years, I couldn't see him playing second row anymore.

As said it is was only a trial against a weakened opposition, but If they play well in the 9s and against the sharks, and brooks only gets 40mins or so in that trial....I'd be ok with them being our round 1 halves pairing and brooks playing a week or 2 in the nsw cup/20s. Seriously the guy is 19, hopefully he will be our 7 for the next 15 years, there is no point in rushing him, he hasn't even done full contact at training yet.
Brooks and Austin have similar experience. As soon as Brooks is fit I would play him. If Anasta outplays Austin in the trials, give him a start at 6, otherwise don't play him at all, he is useless in the pack, and useless as an interchange. Just how I would do it.