What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 signings

Inferno

Coach
The Cronulla Sharks have resurrected the NRL career of Dragons utility Matt Prior with a two-year deal announced yesterday.

Unwanted by the Dragons after a forgettable 2013 season, Prior faced the prospect of playing for his junior club Thirroul in the Illawarra Coal League before his link with the Sharks.

Prior has played prop, second row and centre since his debut for the Dragons.
Sharks coach Shane Flanagan said that the 2010 premiership winner would add to the club's forwards depth.

"Matt is a quality player and someone with plenty of experience who will add to the depth we have in the forwards," Flanagan said.

"He has shown he has the ability to play a number of positions but we are looking for him to play in the forwards, front row-second row, for us and are confident he will be a valuable addition to our squad."

A Thirroul junior, Prior debuted in the NRL in 2008 and played 120 games. He played in 23 of 24 games for the Dragons in 2013.
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/1819113/cronulla-sharks-secure-matt-prior/?cs=390

Card Shark

Immortal
Gotta laugh. Played 23 of 24 games & unwanted by the Dragons, who came third last.

Doesn't say much for their depth. Not a bad signing i suppose if we got him cheap.

webShark

kevin Locke anybody?
I would take him. My mail is that it is a chance. Heard last week that we are going to talk to someone in NZ and thought it would be Packer. He has since signed for the Knights. So Locke rumoured to be getting a release as Tomkins signed. Would add pace which we need. Possible half at a push.

Of our off contracts I'd keep feki and Matt wright.
I'd look at Sami Salami at the Raiders.
Radradra at Parra.

Forwards there are slim pickings.

chewsta

First Grade
Matt wright was a man posessed in the GF. Chased and smashed anything near the ball. He played well in the back row.

Id been stealing Kirsome Auva'a and Young Tonumaipea from the storm

Particularly Auva'a, what a machine, best on ground in GF

BWNB

First Grade
M. Wright had a good dig in the gf hit hard and played with aggression. Might turn out okay

bluefox1968

Juniors
M. Wright had a good dig in the gf hit hard and played with aggression. Might turn out okay

Didn't see the game, but if the reports coming from you guys are correct, then maybe back-row is his best position.

Wade Graham initially looked like a NSW-Cup standard 5/8th, but is great in the back-row.

My issue with Matt Wright was not effort, but execution. He simply does not have the pace for the backline.

Plus, we love back-rowers at Cronulla.

ghoti

Bench

Won't be a superstar, but has first grade experience and is reliable...good depth backrower and if he gets a bench spot, may come in handy covering the outside backs for injury. The few times we had to reshuffle the backs to cover injuries mid-game has screwed us over a fair bit.