What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 signings

DJShaksta

First Grade
It doesn't matter anymore, what was offered, what was accepted, etc.
He's gone.
We need to move on with other players.
Gould missed TC and Wade, he got Peach. I think we got the better end of the stick.
We should try and get Locke.
We most likely will get Fergo depending on trial outcome.

Special K

Coach
Wade and Peachey are the same age. I know which one I want

Would have liked to of kept him though

newman

First Grade
Cb4 or webshark? Who do I believe? Someone with a track record of good info or the forum dickhead?

Card Shark

Immortal
I heard Sharks offer 85k

Straight away you should've dumped that source.

I wish we could have afforded more to keep Peach but without knowing any details, I'm positive we would have offered way more than that. The club would've held him in high regard.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I was in Coles yesterdee and CT's mum was talking to the cashier about Chad going to NZ. She said he has been brought to play first grade.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I still can't see where Peachey fits in at the Panthers. Especially with the most recent rumour of Corey Parker possibly going there.

They seem to have everywhere Peachey plays or might play well covered.

BROWN, Lewis, CAPEWELL, Luke, CHERRINGTON, Anthony, COOK, Ethan, DOCKER, Adam, GRANT, Tim, HUMBLE, Tom, JOHN, Isaac , KINGSTON, Kevin (c), KITE, Brent, LATIMORE, Jeremy, MANSOUR, Josh, MANU, Sika, MCKENDRY, Sam, MOYLAN, Matt, NAIQAMA, Kevin, NAIQAMA, Wes, O'DONNELL, Kyle, PEACHEY, Tyrone, PLUM, Nigel, ROBERTS, James, ROBINSON, Matt, SEGEYARO, James, SIMMONS, David, SMITH, Nathan, SMITH, Will, SOWARD, Jamie, SPENCE, Shaun, TAYLOR, Elijah, TIGHE, Brad, WALLACE, Peter, WHARE, Dean

Special K

Coach
I was in Coles yesterdee and CT's mum was talking to the cashier about Chad going to NZ. She said he has been brought to play first grade.

The warriors did this with Maloney and it worked. Will be interesting to see if CT works where Siejka failed

azzah72

Bench
I can tell you that Peach got offered somewhere between $180 - $220k for the panthers.

We offered around a $100k

And that was only after realizing the panthers had made an offer, it was lower before that.

Peach still took ages to decide because he genuinely wanted to stay at the sharks.

I'm paraphrasing.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
For what it's worth I believe we got played by Gus. His late bid for Todd forced us to up the ante to get his prized signature. Then a week or two later he threw an offer at peach that he knew we would struggle to match. In my opinion $200k a year may seem like a bargain in a year or two. Superstar?? Maybe not.....only time will tell. Think his marketability along with his potential may have been worth the risk.

Maccas4177

Juniors
Agreed that Gould probably played us a little. I'm sure he would have taken Todd over peach though.
Any way you spin it, $200k for a bloke with less than a hand full of first grade games is a bit much. We've been burnt by that before.

RUBIKS

Juniors
I don't know numbers, however my understanding is we offered more than what the Panthers were offering. Peach left to go and think about it and ended up signing with the chocolate soldiers.

That story seems to match up with CB4, where he says Peach went and got a counter offer and then never came back to see what we would do.

I'm pretty cut that we didn't keep him and I hope he kills it, more importantly, I hope he kills it and comes back. However what's done is done and by most reports we wanted to keep him.

This is almost getting to Bird like proportions. He'd at least represented NSW and Australia when we lost him.