What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 signings

He played a few 20s games towards the end of the year. He has nice hands and has a bit of size for a kid yet to turn 18. He is a footballer and not a stock standard athlete playing footy. Looked to have put on a few kgs since the 20s season finished.

I've only seen him on one game but from memory he's a goal kicker too. A bit on the solid side but has great hands and a bit of a step. Made a few mistakes but he's a kid still. Hopefully we persist with him next ear and see what he develops into.

Vin Fizz

Bench
In a Fijian hotel foyer....didn't you listen to Freddy (& Joey) spruiking about it on Sunday before the game. ;-)
Hahahah, nah I didnt hear that bit. How funny is that. Was he a guest or working there? Lets get an end of season trip going then.

Card Shark

Immortal
Webby,

Would that be the same as the Koori Knockout? And Mindaribba perhaps?

I would hope that we had scouts at this event. Plenty of talent on show.

That was on at Raymond Terrace near Newcastle over the weekend, featuring Albert Kelly & Timana Tahu. Kelly kicked winning field goal in extra time, beating Mindaribba.

Was thinking the same thing Coastal - saw replays on local news on Sun night & thought I wouldn't have minded going for a look. (As talent scout ;-) ) it's on again there next year

Card Shark

Immortal
Hahahah, nah I didnt hear that bit. How funny is that. Was he a guest or working there? Lets get an end of season trip going then.

They did a story on him pre-game. joey & freddie arrived at their hotel where he was working & next day he was trialling. they rang Gus & arranged a sign up with penrith, sight unseen. He apparently played some Union, so had some idea of the game.

They were goin on & on about it early in the NSW grand final until we started dominating ;-)

Joey & Freddie are back over there now doing more clinics & talent scouting. They said they were leaving the day after the grand final.

shaggs

Coach
Joey and Freddie in the loose in another country.

Do they have RSA over there? Lookout nadi.

Vin Fizz

Bench
They did a story on him pre-game. joey & freddie arrived at their hotel where he was working & next day he was trialling. they rang Gus & arranged a sign up with penrith, sight unseen. He apparently played some Union, so had some idea of the game.

They were goin on & on about it early in the NSW grand final until we started dominating ;-)

Joey & Freddie are back over there now doing more clinics & talent scouting. They said they were leaving the day after the grand final.

He played like it too. Had an impact on the game but fell away when the Sharkies defence got into the game properly. The Mighties had me worried to start off with TBH. Looked a bit stage struck.

webShark

Webby,

Would that be the same as the Koori Knockout? And Mindaribba perhaps?

I would hope that we had scouts at this event. Plenty of talent on show.
That is the one. Must have misheard the team name. The winners had Albert Kelly, Travis Waddell,Timana Tahu, Malcolm Congoo and Brenko Lee. Mindaribba had Jaden Clarke and Mitchell Bird , Greg's brother.
They also had a half decent prop, Reggie Saunders who is currently in QLD Cup.

Ftr, Newcastle won 17-16 thanks to an Albert Kelly golden point field goal.

Channel 144 on Fox , all 4 days.

In the 15s Dels son Tristan was FB for the winners. Went ok, without standing out. Their entire back row were gun. Think their captain Gillett was one of them.

cb4

First Grade
We had previously enquired about Dylan Napa.

I am now told we are looking at another Forward, but it might not eventuate until the 2015 season.

So next year the Friday night games are

Roosters vs ??????
Broncos vs ???????

Be interesting to see the combined amount of games those 2 get on friday night