What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015/16 NBA Finals GSW vs Cavs

Who you got?

• Total voters

Aragorn

First Grade
If the last 3 years have proved anything, it's that you need an Aussie on your roster to win the NBA.

Absolutely loved seeing the cocky, arrogant Warriors get their comeuppance today. Klay walking off without shaking hands like a little bitch was pretty hilarious considering his "it's a man's league" comment and his Back To Back sneakers.

Don't forget his comment about beating the show time lakers.

Crazy how they went from hero to zero with the fans so quickly. It all turned for them during the OKC series. If Draymong hadn't been such a dirt bag I might have had some sympathy for them today.

Rod

Bench
GSW certainly did themselves no favours with their behaviour in these playoffs. I actually have respect for Draymond going over and congratulating the Cavs though, especially after he stepped up and had a great game. I don't like him but he's the sort of player where if he played for your team you'd love him. He's the real deal, just needs to get the stupid crap out of his game.

The discussion of where LBJ sits all time is a good one, and probably one for another day. It's just good to get it settled once and for all that he at least belongs in the discussions. As Scott Van Pelt said yesterday, any axe people had to grind over him not being clutch or any of that other shit is finished. It's over. As it should be.

Rod

Bench
The Warriors achieved some great things, and they also had some luck. That doesn't take away from their achievements, every great team usually has at least some luck, but they did have a string of good luck there for a while.

Then, in the last few weeks especially, their luck started to turn a little bit. Curry picked up an injury, Draymond got suspended, Bogut got injured. Even a couple of 3's from yesterday that would normally go in for them were in and out. Just the way it is.

Teams also started to figure them out a little bit to the point where they didn't look invincible. The T'Wolves starting switching on them which worked well and other teams followed suit. Other teams starting exposing GSW's own switches and isolating Steph on defence. When Ezeli was on the court yesterday the Cavs just ran like 4 straight plays where they got the switch of Ezeli onto James on the perimeter. OKC and then the Cavs hammered them on the boards although that wasn't exactly a secret or a new tactic.

I think the term choke is overused but you could maybe apply it here I guess. 73-9, up 3-1 in the Finals, you shouldn't lose. I don't want to be too negative because the real story is LBJ and the Cavs but it should be noted for the record that Curry was awful, particularly for an MVP. His worst traits that I always suspected were there were brought to the surface. That being said he's a hell of a player and he'll be back.

I wondered near the start of the playoffs whether the Warriors had emptied the tank a little bit chasing the record. I thought they had gone too hard for it and it might end up costing them. Whether that was the deciding factor I don't know but they may look back on it in time and wonder.

Aragorn

First Grade
Charles Barkley was right. You can't win championships with simply spot jump shooters. If you want to win championships, you need a big man down low giving you easy buckets when the shoots aren't going in. This is the one thing GSW didn't have. On the big stage, you're more likely to choke when doing jump shots as oppose to lay ups down low. And GSW had no rim protector or big man to feed under the post. They should trade Barnes and maybe Bogut and Ezili to get a young big man down low who can score. Throw money at a Steve Adams type or do a trade with Philly for a Nerlens Noel.

Shorty

Staff member
Well done to CLE, I had to not lose my sh*t at work to remain professional when they won.

I feel for GSW fans in a way, the humble ones, but there were certainly a lot of arrogant fans and the organization in general seemed awfully full of itself.
Kerr not starting the right players, Curry with some ridiculous passes that were nothing short of arrogant (the no look to Klay).
Disrespect.

Dropping the finals after a record win season, the Bulls would never!

Aragorn

First Grade
Kerr not starting the right players, Curry with some ridiculous passes that were nothing short of arrogant (the no look to Klay).
Disrespect.

Dropping the finals after a record win season, the Bulls would never!

It's just crazy how the narrative changes when you don't win. Curry was doing those no look passes all season but the ball was dropping in so we all looked in awe and never questioned the arrogance of those plays. And everyone phrased Kerr and the coaching switches he made to win back the series against OKC.

I do agree that GSW were getting a little too full of themselves so bringing them back down to earth was a good thing. For fans and the league.

Klay Thompson will hopefully think twice about some of the comments he made, especially about Lebron not manning up and his team being better than the show time lakers. Personally I think it was all tongue in cheek stuff but the media are like vultures looking to prey on anything so he's better off keeping those comments in house.

Rod

Bench
It's funny how it wasn't so long ago that for a lot of people GSW were the good guys and LeBron was just a guy coasting to the Finals every year in the useless East :lol:. I'm sure a lot of people still wanted GSW to win but they didn't really do themselves a lot of favours PR-wise since last year's Finals. Arrogant comments from the very top down to the players that in a way didn't seem quite earned yet. Some of their fans also just gained a ludicrous sense of entitlement considering they had just one title. It had reached the point that by the end of the series a lot of neutrals would have switched to the Cavs side.

Goading LeBron when the series wasn't even over was also a severe error in judgment.

Shorty

Staff member
I do agree that GSW were getting a little too full of themselves so bringing them back down to earth was a good thing. For fans and the league.

Klay Thompson will hopefully think twice about some of the comments he made, especially about Lebron not manning up and his team being better than the show time lakers. Personally I think it was all tongue in cheek stuff but the media are like vultures looking to prey on anything so he's better off keeping those comments in house.
Klay walked straight off after the game, not congratulating players so I think he's a bit entitled.
Both him and Curry have that persona maybe cause they're little rich boys, I liked the team up until the spats and ref blaming.

Lebron is definitely a diva too but it's expected when you've had attention from your teen years.

Latest posts