What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Hey VOR - Suncorp has opened level 7 south as WHITE GA for Sunday. Must be anticipating a bunch of sales/ rock ups.

morley101

Juniors
General Admission currently exhausted for Souths and Saints. I would expect a few more bays to be allocated gen admission soon.

Bunch of pussies! Growing up watching winter RL in England we would dream of the temp being in the positive never mind a balmy 9 degrees!

Aussie sun does make you soft, I am freezing at the moment and it is only dropping to around 6 degrees in perth in a morning.

http://youtu.be/Xe1a1wHxTyo

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye, very passable, that, very passable bit of risotto.
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
Nothing like a good glass of Château de Chasselas, eh, Josiah?
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
You're right there, Obadiah.
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Who'd have thought thirty year ago we'd all be sittin' here drinking Château de Chasselas, eh?
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
In them days we was glad to have the price of a cup o' tea.
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
A cup o' cold tea.
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Without milk or sugar.
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Or tea.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
In a cracked cup, an' all.
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Oh, we never had a cup. We used to have to drink out of a rolled up newspaper.
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
The best we could manage was to suck on a piece of damp cloth.
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Because we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness, son".
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye, 'e was right.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye, 'e was.
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
I was happier then and I had nothin'. We used to live in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof.
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
House! You were lucky to live in a house! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling.
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Eh, you were lucky to have a room! We used to have to live in t' corridor!
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Oh, we used to dream of livin' in a corridor! Would ha' been a palace to us. We used to live in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woke up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House? Huh.
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Well, when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us.
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
We were evicted from our 'ole in the ground; we 'ad to go and live in a lake.
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Cardboard box?
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.
SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.
FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

netball and kids footy is now our measurement? gosh we have set the bar low lol.

What the hell are you on about now you pelican?

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Fans want cheap tickets and when they show up there is no response.:roll: It seems no matter what incentive the NRL brings eg free transport with ticket, etc. No change in attendance instead excuses.

I said that because they are only available in Brisbane in the category "white GA" which usually only accounts for around 3,000 seats, majority of which, at the time the promotion was announced had been sold. At about 2pm they made more "White GA" seats available in the upper tier at Suncorp.

papabear

Juniors
Watching football out in the elements

33 degrees is so so so much better then watching it in 5 degrees.

If you disagree go to a Canberra game in july.

Im a Canberra fan and I have almost left out of the sheer cold mid game (and we had it one).

I have only left a couple of games due to weather each of those games due to windy / rain /cold. Never left due to heat, in fact some of the best games were some stinking hot affairs in march at leichhardt.

honestly queensland needs to invest in its education, who would employ one after jumping on the forums and reading all of their garbage.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Watching football out in the elements

33 degrees is so so so much better then watching it in 5 degrees.

If you disagree go to a Canberra game in july.

Im a Canberra fan and I have almost left out of the sheer cold mid game (and we had it one).

I have only left a couple of games due to weather each of those games due to windy / rain /cold. Never left due to heat, in fact some of the best games were some stinking hot affairs in march at leichhardt.

honestly queensland needs to invest in its education, who would employ one after jumping on the forums and reading all of their garbage.

Haha righto Dave.

Right now in Stanthorpe it is 4.4 degrees with a feels like temp of -0.9. STANTHORPE QUEENSLAND.

Canberra right now: 9.4 feels like 6.9. Get over yourself buddy. A bunch of people in Brisbane are from these areas in QLD that actually get cold and have attended local sport in similar winter weather to Canberra and enjoy it more than the filthy humid nights.

Deal with opposing opinions.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Haha righto Dave.

Right now in Stanthorpe it is 4.4 degrees with a feels like temp of -0.9. STANTHORPE QUEENSLAND.

Canberra right now: 9.4 feels like 6.9. Get over yourself buddy. A bunch of people from Brisbane are from these areas in QLD that actually get cold and have attended Rugby matches and so on in similar winter weather to Canberra and enjoy it more than the filthy humid nights.

Deal with opposing opinions.

:lol:
Yeah yeah
Mackay is a proverbial tundra in Winter :lol:
Jesus
Wot a spastic:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts