What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
But the fact that it's even close is a massive embarrassment for Union

Agree 100% - the Wallabies crowds have been on a dramatic decline since 2009-2010. In the Good days they were constantly selling to single seats, or complete sell outs.

If there was no rain at all, just had a shower come over paddo, we could have actually pushed the Wallabies crowd, which would have been epic.

Canard

Immortal
Agree 100% - the Wallabies crowds have been on a dramatic decline since 2009-2010. In the Good days they were constantly selling to single seats, or complete sell outs.

If there was no rain at all, just had a shower come over paddo, we could have actually pushed the Wallabies crowd, which would have been epic.

Agreed Canard. The days of the Wallabies being an automatic sell out have gone the way of George Gregan.

I've no idea, what the current price is,but their ticket prices when I've begrudgingly attended matches were exorbitant

It's also indicative of decline in Live sports attendance nationwide, even in the AFL

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I've no idea, what the current price is,but their ticket prices when I've begrudgingly attended matches were exorbitant

It's also indicative of decline in Live sports attendance nationwide, even in the AFL

They were about half of the Origin pricing for Springboks.

Bledisloe's are a bit cheaper than Origin, but have pretty much stayed the same forever. Cat 1 Bledisloe tix in 2007 were $180 (I paid that idiotically) and last year at Suncorp they were roughly the same and it didn't sell out for the first time ever.

Its worth to note that Bledisloe tix to ANZ are selling horrendously too. So its not like its just NRL crowds with issues.

Saint Doc

Coach
Souths and Saints arguably two biggest clubs in Sydney - 17k at Moore Park

Roosters ("no supporters, ship them to Gosford") vs team from another country - 16k at Moore Park.

Credit where it is due

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great crowd for a game against a team of plodders. NRL so needs to expand and include a second team playing out of Suncorp so they get more Sunday afternoon games.

Souths and Saints arguably two biggest clubs in Sydney - 17k at Moore Park

Roosters ("no supporters, ship them to Gosford") vs team from another country - 16k at Moore Park.

Credit where it is due

But Bunniesman said every second house in the Eastern Suburbs is lived in by large groups of Kiwis

Perth Red

Post Whore

Majority of afl clubs have similiar or higher crowd avg than 10 years ago. Their overall avg has come down primarily due to the two new expansion clubs.

Of ours half the clubs have similar or higher than a decade ago:
Brisbane (higher)
Canterbury (same)
Cronulla (same)
Melbourne (higher)
NZ (higher)
Newcastle (same)
Parra (same)
Souths (higher)

The rest have dropped. (Based on a 3 year pattern 04-06 v 13-15)

The overall avg is pretty much the same so no real growth or decline in a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.