What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Again mainly due to their two expansion clubs, it isn't a general drop across a majority of clubs. It'd be like us adding a second Melbourne club and a club in Adelaide, you'd expect a general NRL drop,if we were stupid enough to do that but it wouldn't Be a drop across majority of clubs. Someone was suggesting there has been a big drop in live sport attendance in recent years across codes, the stats suggest not really.

When you look at our numbers they aren't a disaster, half the clubs are doing same or better than ten years ago, half are doing worse. Hence the overall plateau we are in of around 15,500 avg across the game.

There was plenty of media around the fact that AFL crowds IN VICTORIA had dropped significantly and that clubs like Sydney and Adel/Port were actually the ones reaping positive results. GWS are the only expansion club of note really struggling to pull a crowd.

Canard

Immortal
I haven't any afl bias unlike most on this board. LikeI've said many times union is the only game I truly detest.

It's silly to pick one year for comparison, much better to pick three season avg in a certain period and compare. I choose to look at roughly what was happening ten years ago compared to last three years to see if the claim live attendances are down across all sports is true. Across afl and nrl they aren't really once you look at some factors. Some clubs are up, some clubs are similiar, some clubs are down. Overall both codes are close to ten years ago once you take out the dumb afl expansion clubs. Not sure for soccer and union and tbh can't be assed looking.

Australians are great at turning up for sport for one off events and afl. Everything else is pretty avg.

Bizarro world.

PR spends his entire day posting about how bad Aussies are at turning up to League games.

And here he is now saying how great they are at it, and there is no issue.

It's like he is just one elaborate troll and will just be contrarian for the sake of it.

Haffa

They would have sat you level 7 south? Where did you sit for the knights game?

I hate some of the expensive sections.

316 but in the top corner. Not a bad view (like the SFS there aren't too many bad views) but for $50 a ticket you kind of expect to be a bay or two over.

woodyk2

First Grade
Went to the Swans v Hawthorn game on Saturday night. Best and loudest crowd ive heard this year. Only AFL game ive been to this year and to be honest every league game ive been to have been pretty ordinary both crowd and game wise. I never ever thought I would say that.

Canard

Immortal
Went to the Swans v Hawthorn game on Saturday night. Best and loudest crowd ive heard this year. Only AFL game ive been to this year and to be honest every league game ive been to have been pretty ordinary both crowd and game wise. I never ever thought I would say that.

Really?? Wasn't it 1000 to Nil against the home team and all over after 5mins? I flicked over on the TV and the atmosphere appeared flatter than Caitlyn Jenner's tits.

That seems very hard to believe, unless there was 30,000 Melbournites flown in specifically for this event.

woodyk2

First Grade
38000 there...Swans made a bit of a comeback and the atmosphere was great even though they were getting belted.

Embarrassing that a Swans game out-attend a Souths/Dragon rivalry game of 90+ years. All that time, tradition and history to be outdraw by the Swans. Typical, Manly Monday sub 10k crowd at the beloved suburban ground that everyone loves so much they don't attend it.

Canard

Immortal
Yep - he went to a game with a stadium less than half full where a side got obliterated in a massacre and he had a ball.

Must of been on the hooch.

Just looked and the Thwans scored 2 goals total in the entire second half.

What a rowdy thrill ride that crowd must have been

woodyk2

First Grade
Well all I can say is it shat on every league game ive been to this year from a great height. It was interesting as I was following the Hawks.

woodyk2

First Grade
38000 compared to 9,500ish and 12,500ish at ANZ. It was cold wet and miserable to.

Last edited:

Flapper

First Grade
That's great spark plug, do your AFL fellating elsewhere. You've done this sort of shit before.

Canard

Immortal
Well all I can say is it shat on every league game ive been to this year from a great height. It was interesting as I was following the Hawks.

It's not about whether it was interesting to you.

Your claim that the atmosphere was amazing is bizarre and is either a blatant lie or Thawns fans enjoy being belted more than actually having a contest.

Either that or your trolling badly

Raiderdave

First Grade

:lol::lol:

a mate of mine went too
he said funerals had better atmosphere
a dud
a joke of a game according to him

much like the sport that was being played :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts