What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbusto

Coach
Majority of afl clubs have similiar or higher crowd avg than 10 years ago. Their overall avg has come down primarily due to the two new expansion clubs.

Of ours half the clubs have similar or higher than a decade ago:
Brisbane (higher)
Canterbury (same)
Cronulla (same)
Melbourne (higher)
NZ (higher)
Newcastle (same)
Parra (same)
Souths (higher)

The rest have dropped. (Based on a 3 year pattern 04-06 v 13-15)

The overall avg is pretty much the same so no real growth or decline in a decade.
Afl average crowds have dropped by four thousand a game. Ours have remained static during the same period. that is over the last five years. That is a fact.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Again mainly due to their two expansion clubs, it isn't a general drop across a majority of clubs. It'd be like us adding a second Melbourne club and a club in Adelaide, you'd expect a general NRL drop,if we were stupid enough to do that but it wouldn't Be a drop across majority of clubs. Someone was suggesting there has been a big drop in live sport attendance in recent years across codes, the stats suggest not really.

When you look at our numbers they aren't a disaster, half the clubs are doing same or better than ten years ago, half are doing worse. Hence the overall plateau we are in of around 15,500 avg across the game.

elbusto

Coach
Again mainly due to their two expansion clubs, it isn't a general drop across a majority of clubs. It'd be like us adding a second Melbourne club and a club in Adelaide, you'd expect a general NRL drop,if we were stupid enough to do that but it wouldn't Be a drop across majority of clubs. Someone was suggesting there has been a big drop in live sport attendance in recent years across codes, the stats suggest not really.

When you look at our numbers they aren't a disaster, half the clubs are doing same or better than ten years ago, half are doing worse. Hence the overall plateau we are in of around 15,500 avg across the game.

No you are wrong. Your stats are self serving and you really do yourself no favours here pedalling this line mate. you will get your team but please give us break

insert.pause

First Grade

No, MCG and Etihad crowd avg were worst in a decade last yr.

Haffa

If the Broncos sell tickets at that price every game they'll almost always sell out. Took the family as a neutral for less than it cost me to go by myself to the Knights game and sat in a better section today.

cleary89

Coach
2008 AFL crowds compared to 2015

Adelaide +5k
Brisbane -9k
Carlton -6k
Collingwood -11k
Essendon +3k
Fremantle +1k
Geelong - 4k
Hawthorn +1k
Melbourne -3k
North Melbourne -2k
Port Adelaide +22k
Richmond +10k
St Kilda -13k
Sydney -3k
West Coast -2k
Western Bulldogs -9k

Total -7k

elbusto

Coach
2008 AFL crowds compared to 2015

Adelaide +5k
Brisbane -9k
Carlton -6k
Collingwood -11k
Essendon +3k
Fremantle +1k
Geelong - 4k
Hawthorn +1k
Melbourne -3k
North Melbourne -2k
Port Adelaide +22k
Richmond +10k
St Kilda -13k
Sydney -3k
West Coast -2k
Western Bulldogs -9k

Total -7k

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If the Broncos sell tickets at that price every game they'll almost always sell out. Took the family as a neutral for less than it cost me to go by myself to the Knights game and sat in a better section today.

They would have sat you level 7 south? Where did you sit for the knights game?

I hate some of the expensive sections.

Canard

Immortal

Your clear AFL bias shines through here

I didn't claim there was a "big" drop in Live attendance, you exaggerated that for effect.

Bizarrely every second post of yours is claiming how bad Australians are at attending sport, and here you are defending attendances?

AFL attendances in Melbourne have declined, not just in Western Sydney.

Anybody know what sort of crowd.they expect at Napier?

Wiki says it holds 22500 but usually that's not reliable.

They only drew 10k for a CWC game with the blackcaps. Don't know anything about the population around that area.

cleary89

Coach
Anybody know what sort of crowd.they expect at Napier?

Wiki says it holds 22500 but usually that's not reliable.

They only drew 10k for a CWC game with the blackcaps. Don't know anything about the population around that area.

When I was looking at buying tickets last month they had sold out the platinum area. Checked back 3 weeks ago and they had more on sale so bought mine then.

Interested to see how it goes.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Your clear AFL bias shines through here

I didn't claim there was a "big" drop in Live attendance, you exaggerated that for effect.

Bizarrely every second post of yours is claiming how bad Australians are at attending sport, and here you are defending attendances?

AFL attendances in Melbourne have declined, not just in Western Sydney.

I haven't any afl bias unlike most on this board. LikeI've said many times union is the only game I truly detest.

It's silly to pick one year for comparison, much better to pick three season avg in a certain period and compare. I choose to look at roughly what was happening ten years ago compared to last three years to see if the claim live attendances are down across all sports is true. Across afl and nrl they aren't really once you look at some factors. Some clubs are up, some clubs are similiar, some clubs are down. Overall both codes are close to ten years ago once you take out the dumb afl expansion clubs. Not sure for soccer and union and tbh can't be assed looking.

Australians are great at turning up for sport for one off events and afl. Everything else is pretty avg.

elbusto

Coach
I haven't any afl bias unlike most on this board. LikeI've said many times union is the only game I truly detest.

It's silly to pick one year for comparison, much better to pick three season avg in a certain period and compare. I choose to look at roughly what was happening ten years ago compared to last three years to see if the claim live attendances are down across all sports is true. Across afl and nrl they aren't really once you look at some factors. Some clubs are up, some clubs are similiar, some clubs are down. Overall both codes are close to ten years ago once you take out the dumb afl expansion clubs. Not sure for soccer and union and tbh can't be assed looking.

Australians are great at turning up for sport for one off events and afl. Everything else is pretty avg.
Blah blah blah - you choose to pick stats that suited your argument. Its an old path trodden by the desperate.

Perth will get an NRL Team. It will happen.

But please stop the bullshit as it only hurts your argument and your credibility here.

It really is tiresome and I write as somebody who actually sympathises with what you are trying to do.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seriously this discussion has sweet FA to do with if Perth gets a team, there is no link what so ever lol. If someone is going to say attendances at sport are declining it is worth going back to see if it is true or if it is just a perception based on some clubs/games or one off year. Having gone back and looked at the two main footy codes I'd say it isn't as clear cut as that. Compared to a period roughly a decade ago crowds are pretty static for both codes, some clubs up, some down but no real overall declining pattern. What you think this has got to do with an agenda to get a Perth team is I have no idea!

Ps I am more and more sure Perth won't be in anytime soon.

elbusto

Coach
Seriously this discussion has sweet FA to do with if Perth gets a team, there is no link what so ever lol. If someone is going to say attendances at sport are declining it is worth going back to see if it is true or if it is just a perception based on some clubs/games or one off year. Having gone back and looked at the two main footy codes I'd say it isn't as clear cut as that. Compared to a period roughly a decade ago crowds are pretty static for both codes, some clubs up, some down but no real overall declining pattern. What you think this has got to do with an agenda to get a Perth team is I have no idea!

Ps I am more and more sure Perth won't be in anytime soon.
Well you are wrong on a number of counts and the stats prove it. And we all know it.

You spend a lot of time here poking crap at a lot of NRL Clubs and your motivation is well known.

So give us all a break and pull your head in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts