What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
t's more to do with what is around the venue. Any day and time is good for the SFS as there are plenty of restaurants, watering holes and other entertainment venues within walking distance.

ANZ just has nothing around it and the solution is simple, build something. Put a heap of restaurants, bars etc. there and you already have a more enjoyable match day experience compared to now.

But would they get any business other than game day? Caxton Street is busy regardless, as I would presume the places around SFS are?

Panfas

Juniors
But would they get any business other than game day? Caxton Street is busy regardless, as I would presume the places around SFS are?

IIRC the ANZ Stadium redevelopment will bring in more pubs and restaurants. It will also have plenty of daytime traffic, with large offices nearby

Panfas

Juniors
There is actually a long list of restaurants, cafes and bars at Sydney Olympic Park. Its a little bit light on bars as we know, but you cant say theres not enough places to get a bite to eat

Restaurants eg. Ribs n Rumps
Cafes eg. Gloria Jeans
Food to go eg. McDonalds
Bars eg. The Brewery

Suitman

Post Whore
There is actually a long list of restaurants, cafes and bars at Sydney Olympic Park. Its a little bit light on bars as we know, but you cant say theres not enough places to get a bite to eat

Cafes eg. Gloria Jeans
Food to go eg. McDonalds
Bars eg. The Brewery

Exactly.
Just excuse after excuse for not going to the game and actually supporting their team.
Soft c**ks.

Suity

morley101

Juniors

Cafes eg. Gloria Jeans
Food to go eg. McDonalds
Bars eg. The Brewery

Not exactly plentiful for 20,000 or more people....

Pepper Stadium has more around it..

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore

Cafes eg. Gloria Jeans
Food to go eg. McDonalds
Bars eg. The Brewery

So what happens when I don't eat Maccas (personal reasons), what then? I don't like it, never have. The Brewery is the single worst pub in Sydney...mid strength for full strength prices...the words "get stuffed" come to mind. Remind me why I'm paying upwards of $8 for a mid strength beer?

Panfas

Juniors
So what happens when I don't eat Maccas (personal reasons), what then? I don't like it, never have. The Brewery is the single worst pub in Sydney...mid strength for full strength prices...the words "get stuffed" come to mind. Remind me why I'm paying upwards of $8 for a mid strength beer?

Full list of the restaurants, bars & cafes within Sydney Olympic Park, as copied from the links provided. Surely there is something there that you could eat outside of McDonalds.

And yes, I agree that there are not enough bars/pubs within Sydney Olympic Park. But plenty of places to get a bite to eat.

Bacar Restaurant
Boulevard Brasserie & Bar
Hi Thai
Kokoro
Lotus Story
Piccolo Roma
Ribs & Rumps
VN Fresh
Abattoir Blues Café
Aquatic Centre Café Aqua
Armory Wharf Café
Bella Panini Bar
Café on 5
Café at WatervieW
GG Espresso & Wine Bar
Gloria Jeans
The Lounge Café
Mexica
Monster Café
Pablo & Rusty's Espresso Bar
Quad Café
Raw Espresso Bar and Café
Sports Centre Legends Café
Urban Café & Takeaway
Bacar Bar
Boulevard Brasserie & Bar
GG Espresso & Wine Bar
The Brewery
Ribs & Rumps
Armory Wharf Canteen
Bamboo Field
B Jolly Bakery
Blaxland Riverside Park Kiosk
Cold Rock Ice Creamery
Domino's Pizza
Food Alert
Maharajas Indian Cuisine
McDonalds
Oporto
Ripe Juice Bar
Subway
Sushi & Rice
Tennis Centre Pro Shop Cafe
The Burger & Salad Haus

lockyno1

Post Whore
Full list of the restaurants, bars & cafes within Sydney Olympic Park, as copied from the links provided. Surely there is something there that you could eat outside of McDonalds.

And yes, I agree that there are not enough bars/pubs within Sydney Olympic Park. But plenty of places to get a bite to eat.

The eating isn't an issue, I never eat takeaway anyway. I always make some rolls/sandwiches before I go to a game. That isn't a factor for me.

What is a factor is the bars...or lack of. I like a beer, all my mates like a beer. You try telling them we are paying $8 for a mid strength beer. That is dead set Crown Lager type prices for mid strength...and even then that is expensive for a Crown! They won't go to ANZ...and the times we have gone we have hated it, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that I am paying double what I should be paying!

Panfas

Juniors
The eating isn't an issue, I never eat takeaway anyway. I always make some rolls/sandwiches before I go to a game. That isn't a factor for me.

What is a factor is the bars...or lack of. I like a beer, all my mates like a beer. You try telling them we are paying $8 for a mid strength beer. That is dead set Crown Lager type prices for mid strength...and even then that is expensive for a Crown! They won't go to ANZ...and the times we have gone we have hated it, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that I am paying double what I should be paying!

Taking the train? Stop off at Lidcombe. There are several establishments on each side of the train station. When you are ready to go to the game, jump on the train and 5 minutes you're there.

I agree, there's not enough places to drink within a short walking distance from the actual stadium. But c'mon, there are plenty of places within the greater area, especially if you are taking the train.

Excuses excuses

lockyno1

Post Whore
Taking the train? Stop off at Lidcombe. There are several establishments on each side of the train station. When you are ready to go to the game, jump on the train and 5 minutes you're there.

I agree, there's not enough places to drink within a short walking distance from the actual stadium. But c'mon, there are plenty of places within the greater area, especially if you are taking the train.

Excuses excuses

Takes over 35 minutes to get to the city afterwards. If it was 20 minutes I'd probably do it more often. I would rather spend 45 minutes (incl. the walk to the station) getting to the SFS from home than spend 10 minutes to get to ANZ. At least I can have 2-3 full strength beers around the area, and there are plenty of boutique bars around the city. It is the one HUGE issue. If people don't think it is, think again.

In fact I went to AAMI Park this year (was down in Melbourne for a birthday) and all 4 of us loved it. Plenty of bars to have a couple of pints before the game, then we are fine for the game. I was happy just to have water during the game. I prefer to have a couple of beers before. What I don't like is extortion. It just makes me not go, and I won't be the only one.

Canard

Immortal
Takes over 35 minutes to get to the city afterwards. If it was 20 minutes I'd probably do it more often. I would rather spend 45 minutes (incl. the walk to the station) getting to the SFS from home than spend 10 minutes to get to ANZ. At least I can have 2-3 full strength beers around the area, and there are plenty of boutique bars around the city. It is the one HUGE issue. If people don't think it is, think again.

In fact I went to AAMI Park this year (was down in Melbourne for a birthday) and all 4 of us loved it. Plenty of bars to have a couple of pints before the game, then we are fine for the game. I was happy just to have water during the game. I prefer to have a couple of beers before. What I don't like is extortion. It just makes me not go, and I won't be the only one.

You must go mental at your favourite sport(cricket) then??

lockyno1

Post Whore
You must go mental at your favourite sport(cricket) then??

How? Members get full strength beer at within reason prices, and I don't drink during a game anyway. Have a couple before play, maybe 1 during the lunch break. That is it.

cleary89

Coach
Yeh at the cricket I get full strength. Have mates lining up to come have some beers at a swans game and walk down to paddington after.

Free tickets doesn't entice anyone to go ANZ, for league or AFL. Often have to take the missus!

Suitman

Post Whore

Oh, ffs!!
Does your husband go to the games with you?

Suity

Canard

Immortal
How? Members get full strength beer at within reason prices, and I don't drink during a game anyway. Have a couple before play, maybe 1 during the lunch break. That is it.

In Melbourne you can't sit in the seat with a beer in the Members. And the prices are robbery.

So you don't go to Footy because you can't drink full strength.before the game???

lockyno1

Post Whore
In Melbourne you can't sit in the seat with a beer in the Members. And the prices are robbery.

So you don't go to Footy because you can't drink full strength.before the game???

I go to stadiums where I can have a decent beer before hand. I go to the footy with 4-5 mates we all like to have a good beer. None of us drink during the game. We like 2-3 before hand though and I don't see what is wrong to expect full strength not mid strength. If you want to serve mid strength, charge mid strength prices!

Canard

Immortal
I go to stadiums where I can have a decent beer before hand. I go to the footy with 4-5 mates we all like to have a good beer. None of us drink during the game. We like 2-3 before hand though and I don't see what is wrong to expect full strength not mid strength. If you want to serve mid strength, charge mid strength prices!

So your happy to not drink at the cricket for 7 hours but 2 hours of not drinking at the Footy

"f**k that"

Why are you guys into Locky for stating an honest preference? He's been to ANZ, gave it a go and doesn't like it for the same reason lots of sydneysiders don't like it. It's in the middle of f**king nowhere.

As I said earlier my company has a box there and we have a hell of a time getting people in there for non major events and that's with the offer of free piss!

Sydney people do not like it. I am a Sydney resident and I do not like it and neither do my mates. We are not in the minority either. The crowds are reflective of the popularity of the venue. The common reaction to ANZ is that it is "dead" and "soulless".

If you want people to come out you have to understand the demographic. Sydney people are in the main lazy and difficult to impress. Getting shitty about that stone cold fact doesn't help solve the issue.

Canard

Immortal
I think it's a turd of a venue also and in a terrible locale.

The beer thing, which he brings up 20000 times a week, is just bizarre though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts