What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time people laugh around here is when you admit to shitting yr pants on a regular basis:lol:

I once had diarrhea while walking home from a friends place, sat down on a storm water drain and let her rip.... The Raiders still get outdrawn by the Brumbies

lockyno1

Post Whore
This typifies LU posters in the crowd thread.

Locky has pointed out legitimate reasons why people dont go to that venue. The reality backs up his claims.

My company has a box there so I 'work" there all the time. Dogs v Eels I took some mates. We had a few beers, enjoyed the night. Afterwards a few of the boys wanted to kick on. Half hour taxi or train to the city turned them off when they realised they had to get home from there too. It took all the steam out of the night and we were all asleep in a taxi on the way back home 10 minutes later.

Exactly. Now people bag Alianz Stadium (or SFS) but at least you are in the city, literally walking distance to the pubs and clubs afterwards. No wonder why I go to more games there. I mean I don't get drunk, never have really. However I like to have 4-5 beers across the night, then possibly go clubbing after or something. These options are practically not available around ANZ and as you stated, it takes an hour to get to the city from ANZ (on a good day).

NRL either needs to improve the match day experience, or reduce the ANZ games by 50%, make those games day games too so you can get to the city by night.

Suitman

Post Whore

Locky has pointed out legitimate reasons why people dont go to that venue. The reality backs up his claims.

My company has a box there so I 'work" there all the time. Dogs v Eels I took some mates. We had a few beers, enjoyed the night. Afterwards a few of the boys wanted to kick on. Half hour taxi or train to the city turned them off when they realised they had to get home from there too. It took all the steam out of the night and we were all asleep in a taxi on the way back home 10 minutes later.

No. What typifies League fans is the continually crap excuses dished up for not attending games. I exempt MOST LU fans in that, because most would go to games I reckon.
I was talking League fans in general. There's always an excuse NOT to go. Some of those excuses are downright pathetic.

Suity

lockyno1

Post Whore
But what is so wrong with going to watch the match itself? You know, the game where your team is playing that you support? The actual game?

Suity

I do, when it isn't at ANZ. It is the single most painful venue. The experience is terrible...and you try convincing others to go there when they know it is an hour to get home (at best).

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

I agree with this. After origin 1 it actually took us effort to be bothered to kick on once we got back into the city. We are so lucky, just straight out of Suncorp and into Caxton Street.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Still enough time for the mighty Raiders to beat #6015

:lol:

Monday August 10, stay tuned ;). But the Raiders will be pushing for a finals spot so they will probably get the equivalent of the NY Giants pulling 416,000. Amazing stuff.

#Yolocanberra #YesWeCan-berra #incanberrawetrust #prayforcanberra #sozkabukimanitstoofun #6015

Chook Norris

First Grade
Didn't see it mentioned here but the NRL released a survey through ticketek regarding attendance/what made you go to games/what didn't etc

CC_Roosters

First Grade
No. What typifies League fans is the continually crap excuses dished up for not attending games. I exempt MOST LU fans in that, because most would go to games I reckon.
I was talking League fans in general. There's always an excuse NOT to go. Some of those excuses are downright pathetic.

Suity

I agree completely. From the culture of attachment to a team that i grew up in where you overcame obstacles to watch them its a complete culture change here.

alien

Referee

could have went to the brewery or caught the train to lidcombe. there are a few pubs there

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yes, because everyone attending an NRL game on any given day is positioned at or around Central Station, aren't they?

f**king idiot.

Valheru

Coach
It takes 10-13 minutes by train from Lidcombe to Parramatta. Who said you must drink on in the City? http://tp.transportnsw.info/nsw/XSL...T_7=on&inclMOT_4=on&inclMOT_5=on&inclMOT_9=on

Millions of people live closer to Parramatta than to Sydney CBD..

t's more to do with what is around the venue. Any day and time is good for the SFS as there are plenty of restaurants, watering holes and other entertainment venues within walking distance.

ANZ just has nothing around it and the solution is simple, build something. Put a heap of restaurants, bars etc. there and you already have a more enjoyable match day experience compared to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts