What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyno1

Post Whore
definitely homebush/olympic park. even a crowd of 20,000 at moore park and it's a nightmare to get out of the area after the game (if you are driving) and not enough parking space there, and olympic park is more central in the sydney metro area. the main sydney stadium (anz stadium) is in the perfect location. i wonder how much it would cost to tear it down and build a suncorp stadium-like stadium there???

The positives of tearing down that dump of a stadium called ANZ far outweigh negatives. Awful match day experience at that ground. Won't go there unless it is for a GF that Brisbane make it..and even then I'm not staying for more than the actual game itself.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Plan to stop using it, only relevant because it has the NRL as its anchor tenants. Bit of hard one as obviously the clubs have the right and final say in where they play and ANZ throws silly money at them to play there (how do they make any money as a SMC?). Whilst that is the clubs best financial option they aren't going to care if fans are happy or not turning out there, especially when option B doesn't really exist.

ACTPanthers

Bench
The crowd at Penrith was down right embarrassing - I understand season ticket holders were made to pay for that game because it was originally scheduled for Christchurch... But FMD that "showing" was awful - Not blaming the loss on it, but damn it'd be hard to get fired up for a game when your own supporters can't make the effort.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Not enough parking at ANZ?

Now I've heard it all :lol:

No, it is just an awful experience there. Nothing to do with parking. Park in the back streets, won't ever give my money on parking as it is petrol is through the roof.

Lets go through the issues:

1. Where is the reserve grade (that goes for ALL venues)
2. Drinks...yes I know what you will say, but most Australians love a beer (and not a half strength one at full strength prices)
3. Trains...yes it is on a trainline but having to change at Lidcombe is a pain.
4. Food...at not extortion prices (all grounds)
5. Atmosphere...dead. You need 50,000 for there to be any atmosphere, without it you may as well watch it on TV!

Valheru

Coach
No, it is just an awful experience there. Nothing to do with parking. Park in the back streets, won't ever give my money on parking as it is petrol is through the roof.

2. Drinks...yes I know what you will say, but most Australians love a beer (and not a half strength one at full strength prices)
3. Trains...yes it is on a trainline but having to change at Lidcombe is a pain.
5. Atmosphere...dead. You need 50,000 for there to be any atmosphere, without it you may as well watch it on TV!

Correct

If you want to drive to the game and rock up 5 minutes prior to kick off and leave immediately afterwards then ANZ is an ok place to go. For anyone who wants to make it a social event, it is a complete pain.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Correct

If you want to drive to the game and rock up 5 minutes prior to kick off and leave immediately afterwards then ANZ is an ok place to go. For anyone who wants to make it a social event, it is a complete pain.

This. People that drive seem to think having a station there makes it okay. It is a logistical nightmare...and not only that if you want to go out afterwards you are an hour away from the city. Absolute pain and a half.

Suitman

Post Whore

1. Excuse No 1. I don't go to the footy because there's no reserve grade. lol!
2. Excuse number 2. I don't go to the footy because the alcohol is mid strength. Lol.
3. Excuse No. 3. I don't go to the footy because I have to change trains
f**king lol.
4. Excuse No. 4. The food you make me eat is too expensive. f**king lol.
5. Excuse No. 5. There's no atmosphere because of excuses No's 1-4, because no one is there. f**king lol.

How about you go to a game because you have a passion for your team and you want to see them play and cheer them loudly to victory.
Nope. Too hard. That's excuse No. 6.

This typifies league fans.

Suity

1. Excuse No 1. I don't go to the footy because there's no reserve grade. lol!
2. Excuse number 2. I don't go to the footy because the alcohol is mid strength. Lol.
3. Excuse No. 3. I don't go to the footy because I have to change trains
f**king lol.
4. Excuse No. 4. The food you make me eat is too expensive. f**king lol.
5. Excuse No. 5. There's no atmosphere because of excuses No's 1-4, because no one is there. f**king lol.

How about you go to a game because you have a passion for your team and you want to see them play and cheer them loudly to victory.
Nope. Too hard. That's excuse No. 6.

This typifies league fans.

Suity

This typifies LU posters in the crowd thread.

Locky has pointed out legitimate reasons why people dont go to that venue. The reality backs up his claims.

My company has a box there so I 'work" there all the time. Dogs v Eels I took some mates. We had a few beers, enjoyed the night. Afterwards a few of the boys wanted to kick on. Half hour taxi or train to the city turned them off when they realised they had to get home from there too. It took all the steam out of the night and we were all asleep in a taxi on the way back home 10 minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts