What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyno1

Post Whore
So your happy to not drink at the cricket for 7 hours but 2 hours of not drinking at the Footy

"f**k that"

I have had a couple before play at the cricket. I have no problem you serving mid strength- charge accordingly. That is the thing that is the most annoying thing...at least the positive is there are holes in the walls and there are ways to smuggle in better drinks but I would rather pay for a real drink before we sit down. The footy is a social event. Both me and my mates all love to have 2-3 drinks. That is moderation, we know our limits and I have never gone out to get smashed- I see very little point in not remembering a game.

Either way I have been to most other venues this year anyway- AAMI, SFS, SCG, Shark Park, Penrith. I just won't go to ANZ unless it is absolutely necessary (I.e grand final)

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think one of the key issues is demographic of fanbase. For most of the games life it has been promoted to families, bring the kids along to the footy, bring the family for a fun day out cheering your team on etc. what the NRL has done though is schedule a fixture list that is family unfriendly on the large part plus the price of tickets, food etc has made it a very expensive family outing. I suspect that less and less families are attending games so the game needs to make a decision. Does it address the issues keeping families away or does it aim for a new demographic of game attendees ie younger groups of men and couples?

hutch

First Grade
What crowds are we hoping for the Friday night in Sydney? There is no hype around at all, the media is too on worried about afl racism and the Fifita brothers. Roosters v dogs really should pull at least 20k but I don't think it will. Tigers at Leichhardt should be over 12k but again, who knows this year.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Canard, I agree with a lot of the things you post.

Every Broncos game the boys and I will meet at Caxton Street, say about 8-12 of us. But you would be so surprised with how many of them (not many support the Broncos) that will refuse to come, just because of the beer.

They would prefer sit at a pub on Caxton St and enjoy good food and drink. Three of us Broncos supporters will go to the game, others will come if its a big one.

I guarantee you that they would be more inclined to come if they could drink good beer !

chigurh

Every Broncos game the boys and I will meet at Caxton Street, say about 8-12 of us. But you would be so surprised with how many of them (not many support the Broncos) that will refuse to come, just because of the beer.

They would prefer sit at a pub on Caxton St and enjoy good food and drink. Three of us Broncos supporters will go to the game, others will come if its a big one.

I guarantee you that they would be more inclined to come if they could drink good beer !

You can buy heavy beers at the corner bars at Suncorp at ground level. If you want to take them out of the bar you need to pour them into plastic cups, but it's still a much better option than buying the other rubbish they serve.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You can buy heavy beers at the corner bars at Suncorp at ground level. If you want to take them out of the bar you need to pour them into plastic cups, but it's still a much better option than buying the other rubbish they serve.

Oh my god! In those little "stadium" bars or whatever they are called? I always noticed them and just assumed that it was all the normal crap, good to know, cheers!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Leaving the beer conversation for a moment, come sunday night round 26 the average will very likely finish up at 14,900. To put that in perspective, last season the regular rounds averaged 15,900 so thats a decline of 200,000 people at through the gates in 2015. If that does not scream problem and set off flashing lights at clubs and moore park then the game is going no where fast.

Main issues imo are ticket pricing, too much week-day football and ongoing stadia issues. 2/3 are within the ARLC's power to change/influence directly, while they also need to be part of the CORRECT solution (i.e not the moore park white elephant) for stadia in sydney.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Leaving the beer conversation for a moment, come sunday night round 26 the average will very likely finish up at 14,900. To put that in perspective, last season the regular rounds averaged 15,900 so thats a decline of 200,000 people at through the gates in 2015. If that does not scream problem and set off flashing lights at clubs and moore park then the game is going no where fast.

Main issues imo are ticket pricing, too much week-day football and ongoing stadia issues. 2/3 are within the ARLC's power to change/influence directly, while they also need to be part of the CORRECT solution (i.e not the moore park white elephant) for stadia in sydney.

This for Broncos.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ticket prices are a major issues at every club if you want a decent seat. You can pay up to $60 at some clubs just to sit somewhere with a decent view. Last weekend I went to the raceway for a meet. Cost $15 to get in, racing went from 10am-5pm, free kids entertainment, decent bar, could walk around the pits and talk to the drivers etc was a great full day out for not much money. I'd pay $25-30 every week to watch the footy in a decent seat but anymore and your starting to push it, especially if your taking the whole family.

hutch

First Grade
There are some massive games this weekend but where is the hype? I just heard on the news about some afl blockbuster at the G, then the rugby league games were brushed over in a matter of seconds. Tonight's game at the sfs should be built up as the blockbuster that it is!

Canard

Immortal

That's not what I'm talking about at all, I think you have conflateted my post with others.

I'm saying it's bizarre that someone wouldn't want to go to a game because they couldn't drink a certain type of beer OUTSIDE the venue prior.

That's so weirdly specific as to be impossible to cater for.

Really though, it boils down to our games not being enough of an event to ensure this sort of stuff doesn't matter.

I'm sure if you lived in the UK you and your mates would happily attend a EPL game alcohol free

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I cannot believe that this discussion has boiled down to lockyno1's drinking habits.

Harden up.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
That's not what I'm talking about at all, I think you have conflateted my post with others.

I'm saying it's bizarre that someone wouldn't want to go to a game because they couldn't drink a certain type of beer OUTSIDE the venue prior.

That's so weirdly specific as to be impossible to cater for.

Really though, it boils down to our games not being enough of an event to ensure this sort of stuff doesn't matter.

I'm sure if you lived in the UK you and your mates would happily attend a EPL game alcohol free

I can go alcohol free easy. Im one of those idiots that prefer to eat masses of food and workout so I tend to avoid grog anyway. Couldn't agree more with the bolded. Same mates attended the Rugby the other week without consuming a drop inside Suncorp, depends on the anomaly, a usual Friday night round v Newcastle, meh, Ill stay at Lefties.

Should we expect a massive uplift in crowds driven by nerdy types for super hero rounds?

Big-Bang-Theory-Justice-League.jpg

chigurh

Oh my god! In those little "stadium" bars or whatever they are called? I always noticed them and just assumed that it was all the normal crap, good to know, cheers!

Yeah that's them. From memory they have Boags Premium, Tooheys New, Corona's, probably a couple more.

Not sure if there is one at each corner of the ground, but there is definitely one at the Caxton St end - just keep heading right once you are through the turnstile.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yeah that's them. From memory they have Boags Premium, Tooheys New, Corona's, probably a couple more.

Not sure if there is one at each corner of the ground, but there is definitely one at the Caxton St end - just keep heading right once you are through the turnstile.

Yeah this is the one I saw last time and wondered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts