What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Sadly we cannot consider blackouts because too much population is in too few cities. You couldn't blackout Sydney or Brisbane, and then it wouldn't be fair to fans of other teams if you blacked out regional teams.

America's population is spread out so much more. So even if you black out New York that's like 3% of the population. If you black out Sydney that's a fifth of the country, and close to half the rugby league market.

Raiderdave

First Grade
7,496 @ Cbus.

Bravo to the Tits for no longer fudging their crowds like they have in the past.
Now if the Thuns could take a leaf & put up a real crowd once n a while thatd be sweet.
Like last Sat for instance
The crowd was announced as 9500
But it was actually 3500:cool:

elbusto

Coach
bravo to the tits for no longer fudging their crowds like they have in the past.
Now if the thuns could take a leaf & put up a real crowd once n a while thatd be sweet.
Like last sat for instance
the crowd was announced as 9500
but it was actually 3500:cool:

kdalymc

Bench
I was there tonight,A whole quarter of the stadium was closed. Dead set looked like 400 people were there...

Hmmm. Taking into account the temperature, carry one, prorate the population sizes per capita, divide by pi.... this is the equivalent of a crowd of 2.6 sold out ANZs in Canberra.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Hmmm. Taking into account the temperature, carry one, prorate the population sizes per capita, divide by pi.... this is the equivalent of a crowd of 2.6 sold out ANZs in Canberra.

well of course we can't have it get too hot can we you dickless gimp
I mean..
If it got to 24C ..& Humidity of 89%
well , that's most Broncos fans out eh:sarcasm:

:?

:lol::lol:
jesus
wot utter spastics :lol:

Canard

Immortal
What's this bizarre LU claim that the Titans fudge their crowds? It's a 25,000 all seater stadium.

8000 people means a smattering of people across the stadium. Same with 10k.

What I think the real issue is that fans of teams that draw less have to make up a reason that they can't even outdraw the Titans

DlEHARD

Juniors
If we are going to boost our crowds, we need to invest in supporter culture. The NRL should be networking and fueling supporter groups for clubs in Brisbane, the GC, Perth, Melbourne etc. And of course helping nurture home team support. Time to bring the fans in from the wilderness who want to make match day memorable and special.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Get the scheduling right and no Thursday night football.

Zero chance of that happening, the tv deal will likely produce an even more fan un-friendly schedule. Just because they are talking about canning MNF doesn't mean they will and even if it does happen the change to Sunday and thursday every round will further erode attendances.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Tonight's Tigers v Melbourne game looks like it's almost outdrawing Friday night.

Not sure but i think the hill is empty so may be deceiving

OT but one thing i do not understand how teams from other sports can be called Balmain tigers and another example being St. George dragons in afl.

Did rugby league in their infinite wisdom not think to use copyright for the image and name?

Estimated at 3000 by commentators

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.