What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

some11

Referee
Give em a memorial statue.

'Those 8340 brave souls bear witness to unspeakable horrors,
for they gazed long into the abyss and in turn the abyss gazed into them'.

A new story to tell... "the Battle of Darwin" an epic tail about 2 teams in the top end and the atrocities witnessed by 8,000 people.

Burns

First Grade
Fantastic conditions up here in Newcastle. We might get 13-14000 today. I don't know why any non ticketed member would bother coming today considering we're going to get flogged and it's Nine's Sunday afternoon game.

Predictions for the rest of the round:
Storm v Titans: 11000
Knights v Roosters: 13000
Raiders v Tigers: 6015

Watching the Leigh/Hull KR game on IQ at the moment. Probably only 4-5k there, but the noise they are making is incredible.

NRL.COM should remove the highlights button from the Game Centre out of respect for those brave souls.

Snappy

Coach
Hey SLR

any idea why you can't choose your own seat at suncorp for remaining broncos matches ?

Earlier in the year could choose specific seats but now the option is gone on ticketek.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Hey SLR

any idea why you can't choose your own seat at suncorp for remaining broncos matches ?

Earlier in the year could choose specific seats but now the option is gone on ticketek.

Yeah its strange how they took it off. Sucks a bit when trying to work out how many have sold.

I asked a lady at the gates one game and she said that they were having problems with double ticket-issues and things like that.

Bizarre that other things at Suncorp they were allowing it, like the Liverpool friendly and Wallabies v Springboks. I think the Broncos would just be trying to avoid costs?

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Pleasantly surprised to see the crowd number for Wellington last night, considering the Warriors have been on a downward spiral for a few weeks now.

It's a good thing the kickoff time was 5pm, as the day hadn't actually been that bad (just a bit cold) up until around 6ish when it started hosing down. Had it been a 7/7.30 kickoff I reckon there would've been a lot less casual walkup fans. Big ups Welly! Pity the team didn't turn up like the crowds did.

Also a big raspberry to those fans that left 20 minutes early, they must've got drenched outside the stadium, if they waited till the end of the game (by which time it had stopped raining) they would've been fine. I never understand people that don't stay till the bitter end (goes for any sporting event), they could miss the greatest try ever or something!

When I take one of the kids I usually leave at 70 minutes so I can get them onto the bus with a minimum of fuss -- it's above five minutes from section 509 to sitting on the first bus. And by then it is usually getting on for 9.30pm and they are shattered (read: struggling to keep eyes open once the lemonade and hot chips have worn off!) at the end of a school week. I have caught my fair share of best tries in history on the NRL app on a parked bus while listening to the crowd above. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts