What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Probably be worth your while to backtrack through this forum, Twizzle, check it out.

I am happy to cease. This thread would be bliss without the bloke (RD).

Last edited:
Hi Guys, this little icon here means this thread is not for trolling
notrolls.gif

Can Raiderdave, SLBroncos and the other groupies please take their troll fest elsewhere unless you would like to be blocked from the NRL forum.

Your choice.

Assuming that I am a "groupie".

To clarify what constitutes trolling (this isn't a smartarse response) can I still throw stats back at the large proportion of inaccurate posts that posters in this thread use to denigrate the Broncos crowds? Can I respond to being called a "spastic" and worse when I give a purely factual post? And can I keep my 6015 signature, which, to be honest, I am quite fond of. (If soccer fans can have obscure catchphrases and numbers and the like on banners, it would be a shame to deny league supporters this fandom culture.)

I will abide by whatever your response is. Just want to clarify whether, since your have said trolling is SLR and others and not RaiderDave and others, we can only stick to the orthodoxy of Sydney good/Brisbane bad.

PS Happy to offer my services as a moderator for this thread and clean things up. I await your PM!

beave

Coach
Cowboys have a $30 family ticket for the hill offer happening on Thursday night. Good they are doing it but shows they are struggling a bit for pre-sales.

Shame from a crowd perspective this isn't on a Saturday night, would have been 20k+ for sure.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Cowboys have a $30 family ticket for the hill offer happening on Thursday night. Good they are doing it but shows they are struggling a bit for pre-sales.

Shame from a crowd perspective this isn't on a Saturday night, would have been 20k+ for sure.

I looked at the interactive map on ticketek last night and thought it looked better than the Raiders pre-sales?

Canard

Immortal

What do you reckon beave? TNF will knock down the crowd by around 8k or so?

I hoping the sheer novelty of the timing and it being on TV might help though.

beave

Coach
SLR- not sure, I haven't looked at the interactive map, but it wouldn't be hard to beat the Raiders crowd we got.

Canard- I don't know about 8k, IMO it will get 17-18k on the night, would have got 20-22k on a Saturday. Nothing scientfic to base my opinion on, just a gut feeling and experience from my years up there.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Hi Guys, this little icon here means this thread is not for trolling
notrolls.gif

Can Raiderdave, SLBroncos and the other groupies please take their troll fest elsewhere unless you would like to be blocked from the NRL forum.

Your choice.

No problems Twizzle
Ive let it go several times .. however we have a couple of self righteous pompous twats in this thread who need taking down a peg or 2 every now & then
& they are quite the little princesses & can't take wot they dish out

I suspect they wont be able to not respond to this either:lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think what Twiz means is shut up and talk about crowds, not hurl churlish insults at one another, or play the blame game about who was doing what. Move on folks.

Speaking of crowds, a semi-decent weekend saw the crowd average rise a little. We're still at massive risk of falling below a 15k average though.

R23 predictions:
NQL v SOU - Townsville - 13,000
BRI v SGI - Suncorp - 37,000
WST v NEW - C'town - 11,000
PEN v WAR - Pepper - 9,000
SYD v PAR - Allianz - 11,000
CAN v MAN - GIO - 8,000
CBY v GLD - Gosford - 12,000
CRO v MEL - Remondis - 12,000
Average 14,125.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming that I am a "groupie".

To clarify what constitutes trolling (this isn't a smartarse response) can I still throw stats back at the large proportion of inaccurate posts that posters in this thread use to denigrate the Broncos crowds? Can I respond to being called a "spastic" and worse when I give a purely factual post? And can I keep my 6015 signature, which, to be honest, I am quite fond of. (If soccer fans can have obscure catchphrases and numbers and the like on banners, it would be a shame to deny league supporters this fandom culture.)

I will abide by whatever your response is. Just want to clarify whether, since your have said trolling is SLR and others and not RaiderDave and others, we can only stick to the orthodoxy of Sydney good/Brisbane bad.

PS Happy to offer my services as a moderator for this thread and clean things up. I await your PM!

We don't moderate childish spats like name calling.

All you need to remember is that a thread like this with the No Trolling icon just needs to be maintained on topic.

Cheers

elbusto

Coach
No problems Twizzle
Ive let it go several times .. however we have a couple of self righteous pompous twats in this thread who need taking down a peg or 2 every now & then
& they are quite the little princesses & can't take wot they dish out

I suspect they wont be able to not respond to this either:lol:

And there twizzle is the problem.

We don't moderate childish spats like name calling.

All you need to remember is that a thread like this with the No Trolling icon just needs to be maintained on topic.

Cheers

So that's a "no" me being Crowds mod? :sarcasm: :D

Anyway, on with the show:

R23 predictions:
NQL v SOU - Townsville - 14,000
BRI v SGI - Suncorp - 35,000
WST v NEW - C'town - 9,000
PEN v WAR - Pepper - 10,000
SYD v PAR - Allianz - 9,000
CAN v MAN - GIO - 6,015
CBY v GLD - Gosford - 13,000
CRO v MEL - Remondis - 8,000
Average: 13001 (really!)

lockyno1

Post Whore
So that's a "no" me being Crowds mod? :sarcasm: :D

Anyway, on with the show:

R23 predictions:
NQL v SOU - Townsville - 14,000
BRI v SGI - Suncorp - 35,000
WST v NEW - C'town - 9,000
PEN v WAR - Pepper - 10,000
SYD v PAR - Allianz - 9,000
CAN v MAN - GIO - 6,015
CBY v GLD - Gosford - 13,000
CRO v MEL - Remondis - 8,000
Average: 13001 (really!)

Should get more for the Monday night game, maybe 11,000 give and take.

Brisbane would be aiming closer to 40,000, but 35K is a safe guess.

Nth Qld vs Souths is an absolute guess, could be as low as 10,000 or as high as 20,000.

True, Cowboys is a crap shoot. Souths should draw well, but being on a Thursday night will dig into the numbers. Maybe a few souls will take the chance to have a long weekend in Brownsville and take Friday off? Brisbane should get more, but mid-30s seems pretty normal at the moment. Cambelltown? Chronic underperformer. Don't expect any more there, and the Knights... make the Titans look good. Penrith? Would be good to see some Kiwis bolster the numbers... but 5.30 Saturday? Dunno. The Roosters never fail to disappoint, and success on the field probably isn't enough to make Allianz look like Wembley. Especially on a Saturday night. I expect many Roosters fans to be too tired to leave home after watching the Bloodyslow. And no doubt it will be too hot. Or cold. Or wet. Or dry. The Raiders, well... [redacted]. Enough said! I am probably being generous to the people of Gosford by assuming that they will turn out with another good crowd for an insipid Titans outfit. And Cronulla. On a Monday night? Against an out of town team? A perfect storm. (Pun not intended.)

Cows/Souths on Thursday is absurd to have the second highest drawing game on a weekday lower the crowd alot. To think, TNF will be permanent in 2018 be interesting to see crowd comparison on Thursday vs Monday if anyone got any stats. Weekday football is still bad no matter the day but in return 4 live games on TV. The NRL win some then lose some.

lockyno1

Post Whore
If Cronulla can't get more than 11,000 regardless of opponent when they are in the top 5...seriously something is wrong down there.

I agree on Townsville, who knows, I have predicted 15,000 with zero confidence. Who decided to put a Cowboys home game on a Thursday!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos are looking pretty much on par with the Bulldogs game. Maybe more members/ more rock ups. 34-37k would be my guess. Will have another pax Friday morning.

Quick look, excuse any errors.

2015 Thursday: 36
2014 Thursday: 27, 14, 9, 20, 32

2015 Monday: 11, 10, 11, 8, 13, 3, 8, 14, 8, 12, 8, 9, 10, 10, 16, 15, 9, 7, 13, 7, 8
2014 Monday: 9, 12, 11, 9, 11, 13, 9, 8, 12, 8, 8, 11, 8, 6, 11, 10, 10, 12, 10, 9, 7, 6, 7, 8, 11, 13

Thursdays are better, but off a smaller sample and at the start and end of the season when interest is high. Interestingly, Mondays have been a bit better this year than last year. A few okay crowds in there without leaning on Suncorp to bump the average.

Imagine if they scrap Mondays in 2018, just when everyone has started supporting them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts