What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I think what Twiz means is shut up and talk about crowds

And thats exactly wot I did
I am of the opinion Broncos crowds are crap...
Peoples thoughts & opinions are wot forums like this are about, & I cant help it if Broncos fans are sensitive little sooks who dont like my opinion & chuck hissy fits when I post it.:cool:

Canard

Immortal
Im guessing the ratings for TNF will be large though, its got mass appeal to both states and is a game of some consequence.

Canard

Immortal
That has lasted more than 2 weeks? :crazy:

I read that it went from 4 shows a night to 1.

Super Rugby gets better ratings!

Does anyone know if there will be any AFL on Thursdays for the remainder of the year? I know there was some earlier. It would be interesting to compare the ratings, and crowd "drop-off".

seanoff

Juniors
I read that it went from 4 shows a night to 1.

Super Rugby gets better ratings!

Does anyone know if there will be any AFL on Thursdays for the remainder of the year? I know there was some earlier. It would be interesting to compare the ratings, and crowd "drop-off".

No more AFL thursdays. 4 per year. No mondays except public hols and then only day games, no sunday nights.

Crowds were. ~44500 port AO, 28316 swans SCG, 37145 Freo perth, 49108 adel AO.

In terms of average, port about square, swans down 3k, freo up 1, adel up 3.

beave

Coach
Having a play with Ticketek, the Eastern side is looking pretty good for tomorrow night, the northern and southern look like they have a fair few left. Still think it will hit 17-18k.......hopefully............

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Having a play with Ticketek, the Eastern side is looking pretty good for tomorrow night, the northern and southern look like they have a fair few left. Still think it will hit 17-18k.......hopefully............

I wonder how many members outside of Townsville will be able to make it.

Yeah. Public holiday. Give everyone a chance to have a breather. :)

I hope it picks up today! Looking more like its on target for 32-33k now.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Diabolical?

Thursday night isn't ideal but it's hardly "diabolical".

lockyno1

Post Whore
Diabolical?

Thursday night isn't ideal but it's hardly "diabolical".

If you know the area you would know why. Nth Qld fans travel 1000's of kilometres for home games, their fans are from all and around Nth Qld. Friday is a working day. It is a diabolical timeslot for Nth Qld, whoever scheduled it deserves to be sacked.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Last 5 crowds v the Dragons.

2014 Round 25: 36,720
2013 Round 22: 31,199
2012 Round 5: 38,012
2011 Round 15: 34,185
2010 Round 21: 42,269

AVG: 36,477

Little bit of a worry that the chances of falling behind average is pretty high at this stage. Backs up my theory that when the Broncos are fighting for a top 8 spot the crowds come.

beave

Coach
I'm not gonna have a cry about the timeslot tonight. It is what it is. The NRL know that they would have got a 20k plus crowd for the game if it was tomorrow or Saturday night. They claimed they wanted 20k averages in a few years but the current tv deal kills that opportunity. Thank christ we only have 2 more seasons of the networks dictating to us who and and at what time. We are a somewhat financially stable club, a few thousand off tonights crowd should hopefully not hurt the bank balance too much but it would have made more sense to have broncos v dragons tonight and cows v bunnies tomorrow. The next 2 nights make no f**king sense from a scheduling perspective.

And just to add, this is our first FTA game of the year that doesn't feature the Broncos...... This is not a shot at the Broncos but more at the overall scheduling package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts