What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 5 crowds v the Dragons.

2014 Round 25: 36,720
2013 Round 22: 31,199
2012 Round 5: 38,012
2011 Round 15: 34,185
2010 Round 21: 42,269

AVG: 36,477

Little bit of a worry that the chances of falling behind average is pretty high at this stage. Backs up my theory that when the Broncos are fighting for a top 8 spot the crowds come.

Strange that Broncos crowds would increase when there fighting for the 8 yet the other Brisbane teams crowds would decline if outside the 8. If anything, Broncos crowd should be increasing when on top but there not.

Broncos 15: 32564
Broncos 14: 33354
http://afltables.com/rl/crowds/brisbane.html

In the top 2, Broncos should be aiming for 35k+ average.

If you know the area you would know why. Nth Qld fans travel 1000's of kilometres for home games, their fans are from all and around Nth Qld. Friday is a working day. It is a diabolical timeslot for Nth Qld, whoever scheduled it deserves to be sacked.

Thousands of kilometers? Really? I am sure there may be at most couple hundred fans that may travel 'thousands' of kilometers but it's hardly enough to make a noticeable difference in the crowd figure.

I have seen crowds of over 20k in the ville on a Friday. Most fans who go to cowboys games would be locals.

Canard

Immortal
Thousands of kilometers? Really? I am sure there may be at most couple hundred fans that may travel 'thousands' of kilometers but it's hardly enough to make a noticeable difference in the crowd figure.

I have seen crowds of over 20k in the ville on a Friday. Most fans who go to cowboys games would be locals.

Of course, most are, but MNF for example usually sees our crowds off by around 4 to 6k.

There is a good 20% or so that do travel.

And with FNF, you can usually wrangle an early finish on Friday Arvo.

Tonight will be interesting the novelty factor hopefully will draw a crowd.

It is what it is, but I wish people would take this into account before they sprout of stuff like "Crowds are down!" etc.

beave

Coach

There are a lot from the towns 150kms around TVL (Ayr, Ingham, Charters Towers) and a bit less from the Cairns/Mackay distance. I couldn't put a number on it exactly but just going by the people that sat around me for the 10 years i had season tickets up there

The main reason you see good crowds on Fridays is because generally its the Broncos game up there and the fact a Thursday game and people having to work tomorrow, the tyranny of distance rules them out for tonight. Friday night they dont have to worry about work and can bung one on at the game...... We like a drink in NQ ;p

morley101

Juniors
There are a lot from the towns 150kms around TVL (Ayr, Ingham, Charters Towers) and a bit less from the Cairns/Mackay distance. I couldn't put a number on it exactly but just going by the people that sat around me for the 10 years i had season tickets up there

The main reason you see good crowds on Fridays is because generally its the Broncos game up there and the fact a Thursday game and people having to work tomorrow, the tyranny of distance rules them out for tonight. Friday night they dont have to worry about work and can bung one on at the game...... We like a drink in NQ ;p

Takes just over an hour from Ayr, Ingham, Charters Towers
Probably takes amount the same time as I travel from the Hills area to Paddington on a Friday night but a whole less frustrating...

Brutus

Referee
Last 5 crowds v the Dragons.

2014 Round 25: 36,720
2013 Round 22: 31,199
2012 Round 5: 38,012
2011 Round 15: 34,185
2010 Round 21: 42,269

AVG: 36,477

Little bit of a worry that the chances of falling behind average is pretty high at this stage. Backs up my theory that when the Broncos are fighting for a top 8 spot the crowds come.

You obviously remember 99.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If you know the area you would know why. Nth Qld fans travel 1000's of kilometres for home games, their fans are from all and around Nth Qld. Friday is a working day. It is a diabolical timeslot for Nth Qld, whoever scheduled it deserves to be sacked.

I am aware of this.

I'm also aware of the fact that not every club has access to the ideal timeslot each week. The Cowboys have had enough Saturdays and this is a Thursday game they have to wear.

Canard

Immortal
It's funny how arseholes, led by King of all arseholes Timmah, always come out with "suck it up Cowboys fans, stop whining".

Yet, 95% of the posts in this thread are about fans saying that their teams scheduling is crap.

The double standards are plain to see

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
It's funny how arseholes, led by King of all arseholes Timmah, always come out with "suck it up Cowboys fans, stop whining".

Yet, 95% of the posts in this thread are about fans saying that their teams scheduling is crap.

Sydneysiders are the most pandered-to sports fans on the planet.

Every sport in the country bends over backwards and spends hundreds of millions of dollars to give them winning teams and try to win them over but all they do is bitch and moan. It gets tiresome.

beave

Coach
This year we've had 2 monday night home games. One friday and now one thursday. 4/12 in an unpreferred timeslots.

I wouldn't say we're exactly getting a silver spoon in our mouths for our fans draw wise. A lot of clubs would say the same but Saturday nights are not exactly a highly sought after timeslot so it's not like we're asking for all Friday night or Sunday games which would be an extremely unrealistic demand.

Except if you are from Brisbane........

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member

You get told that because, in terms of scheduling, you and Brisbane get the best run. Cowboys request Saturday evening/night for their fans and get the lions share of what they ask for.

Not all clubs are that lucky.

Canard

Immortal
You get told that because, in terms of scheduling, you and Brisbane get the best run. Cowboys request Saturday evening/night for their fans and get the lions share of what they ask for.

Not all clubs are that lucky.

King of the Arseholes, comparing our schedule to the Broncos.

Give me a break.

Timmah

Staff member
King of the Arseholes, comparing our schedule to the Broncos.

Give me a break.

The club specifically requests Saturday evenings, in order to attract the largest number of fans, for home games - does it not?

And more often than not, they get the bulk of their games at either Saturday 5:30, 7:30 or early in the season, 9:30.

Avoid your childish insults, and actually engage in a debate maybe?

beave

Coach
What about 6pm on a monday night?

That is an awesome time slot. Against the Storm nonetheless, whom one of our better drawing crowds
Would love to see any other club and their reaction have to deal with a 6pm Monday game. (Was in 2011 from memory)

Have to agree to disagree. As mentioned previously, 1/3 of our home games this year have been in unpreferred timeslots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.