What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canard

Immortal
I can't see any valid or fair reason for club games during SOO. 8K AND 11K. Pathetic.

It's just pure TV greed/need for content.

MNF is especially ridiculous.

I would prefer stand alone, like the International break, but the dilemma is how to do you make up the regular season without extending it ridiculousy.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
FabulousDave's presence is the equivalent of selling out the entire Milton Road end of Suncorp.

Edit: the crowd will small enough to spot FD in. What are you going to be wearing?

Hahaha!

Yeah RD, what are you wearing?

Is this you?

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/greeneyed1989/media/2010Rd6-RaidersFans2.jpg.html

Or one of these HARD FELLAS? I would be totes scawed.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/con...eLeadwide.620x349.34bwl.png/1394171351267.jpg

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Roosters Man brings up all very valid and good points.

Reducing the schedule to 20/22 games must be a priority. As it stands League has become a bit like basketball or baseball in the US. We play sooo many games during the season that besides the few blockbusters the games themselves usually have very little meaning (especially around Origin time). Take a look at the NFL, only 16 games and every game is a blockbuster or close to Origin standard. Seriously, did anybody really care about the Tigers playing the Cowboys last night with no Origin stars?

All our top Darren Lockyer/Greg Inglis type athletes are just about done by the time they're 30. How tired and wasted does Greg Inglis look at the moment? and he's still expected to go through Origin, Season, Semi finals and I'm not sure if the Tests are on at the end of the year again.

Also get teams like the Dragons, Tigers and Eels away from the Suburban grounds and get them into ANZ and SFS. I dont buy this "fans dont like ANZ stadium" crap and It's proven time and time again, you make a game cheap enough and fans will attend. In the case of the Dragons as an example, only play 1 game a year at WIN and Kograh against a team like the Warriors or Storm. That 1 game will once again have a lot of meaning.

I disagree on one point, dragons should be increasing the games at Wollongong. Its a key area that should be serviced by more than 4 games

guyver78

Juniors
I disagree on one point, dragons should be increasing the games at Wollongong. Its a key area that should be serviced by more than 4 games

I used to think like that but I'm not sure that leaving more games in an established rugby league area in a small stadium for the sake of trying to get more people to the games will make all that much difference. It hasn't worked up to this point. If you make the game day experience worthwhile enough, price tickets reasonably & give fans good overall "value for money" then you will fill the big stadiums & fans will travel.

Have a look at the dogs v Souths Easter game or roosters v dragons Anzac game. Fans from all over Sydney travel to those games because it's a given every year that games will be big & game day experience will be good.

I think that's FabulousDave on the right.

2010Rd6-RaidersFans2.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tbf Friday, Saturday or Monday night don't seem particularly attractive to nrl fans at the moment! I'm not sure what time of the week would entice RL fans to go to games!

DC_fan

Coach
If we had a weekend with no TV coverage of NRL games I wonder how much difference it would make to crowds

Canard

Immortal
If we had a weekend with no TV coverage of NRL games I wonder how much difference it would make to crowds

What about a FTA blackout in Sydney.

Believe it or not the AFL Sat afternoon isn't live on FTA it's about an hour or so delayed.

Danish

Referee
It's just pure TV greed/need for content.

MNF is especially ridiculous.

I would prefer stand alone, like the International break, but the dilemma is how to do you make up the regular season without extending it ridiculousy.

They should just have it on 3 consecutive wednesdays, with all teams have byes for the 2 weekends in between and pacific island tests plus U20s origin games played on the 2 weekends instead. Get it all out of the way in under a month instead of the bullshit 10 weeks or whatever it is they stretch it out over now.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
This game in newcastle tomorrow night is just shear stupidity. Surely they can go without MNF for the rounds preceding origin!?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
This game in newcastle tomorrow night is just shear stupidity. Surely they can go without MNF for the rounds preceding origin!?

Spot on there ...

It was a cracking winters day today...

Newcastle may of got 20k.. @2pm... Wayne B factor etc

and fox had to lose 3 games anyway ...

It f**king boggles the mind why we are having MNF this week

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tbf Friday, Saturday or Monday night don't seem particularly attractive to nrl fans at the moment! I'm not sure what time of the week would entice RL fans to go to games!

Key word NIGHT.....there is your answer mate. Afternoon football. We should be scaling back night football not adding more games at terrible times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts