What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyno1

Post Whore
There's like 50k seats undercover there so you can watch and stay dry if you wanted. Pizza in front of the TV was clearly the better option

With half those seats not open you mean...ANZ is bad at the best of times, it is horrific in the rain. Just the whole stadium is a dogs breakfast.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Im about to head to the airport. HR told me that 37 people tried to get tomorrow and thursday off after everyone got wind of the $50 tickets.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't true. They botched the ticket prices. The blokes in the platinum area will be peeved...they paid $200+ and I'm next to them paying $50 a pop. Take a middle ground and everyone is happy.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It would be hilarious if it wasn't true. They botched the ticket prices. The blokes in the platinum area will be peeved...they paid $200+ and I'm next to them paying $50 a pop. Take a middle ground and everyone is happy.

Imagine those in diamond 105 that paid $280 a pop and you're in 104(?) for $50.

I think they may have done their dash with pricing this year and last year, surely pricing will be back to normal next year and ensure quicker sell-outs. I doubt they would want to have to market a fire-sale all over the place again.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Imagine those in diamond 105 that paid $280 a pop and you're in 104(?) for $50.

I think they may have done their dash with pricing this year and last year, surely pricing will be back to normal next year and ensure quicker sell-outs. I doubt they would want to have to market a fire-sale all over the place again.

Put it this way for a marquee game you shouldn't sell more than a handful at $50. Somewhere in the $80-130 range is more than fair. The pricing strategy was dumb, I knew people wouldn't fork it out, waited for the sale, bang.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Put it this way for a marquee game you shouldn't sell more than a handful at $50. Somewhere in the $80-130 range is more than fair. The pricing strategy was dumb, I knew people wouldn't fork it out, waited for the sale, bang.

For this year I have done this.

Last year @ Suncorp game one I was stung.

Jamberoo

Juniors
How many would drive/fly down to Melbourne for SOO2 @ MCG if it were on a Saturday night?
Crowd would push 100K.

lockyno1

Post Whore
How many would drive/fly down to Melbourne for SOO2 @ MCG if it were on a Saturday night?
Crowd would push 100K.

Yet again...Saturday night is the single worst night...especially in Melbourne. You realise it is an AFL town? You realise how many AFL games are on there? We sort of want a day where the AFL isn't the number 1 story in Melbourne for starters....not to mention every bloke goes out Saturday night so your 100K idea won't happen.

Valheru

Coach
Not going to happen, and Saturday would be the WORST night. Every man and his dog goes out Saturday, well I know I do. Can we just leave it, it is fine as it is. We don't need a 3 week break, that is SO BORING! Not everyone wants to watch some International game not involving Australia. It is an Australian market, you suit the game for Australians.

So you wouldn’t watch the game? The NRL GF is on the Sunday night of a long weekend where loads of people go out/go away and everyone seems to be able to watch that around their social lives.

Valheru

Coach
Yet again...Saturday night is the single worst night...especially in Melbourne. You realise it is an AFL town? You realise how many AFL games are on there? We sort of want a day where the AFL isn't the number 1 story in Melbourne for starters....not to mention every bloke goes out Saturday night so your 100K idea won't happen.

You will never get a day where AFL isn?t the number one story there and if you do, cricket will be the number one story. I am not sure what time you think people go out but an AFL game finishes approx 10:30 on a Saturday night and guess what their crowds are like?

Additionally, you would get a whole heap more people going down there for a Saturday night from NSW and QLD. The one issue as far as a Saturday origin in Melbourne is MCG availability, I doubt there is any Saturday of the year where AFL does not have a game on at the MCG.

lockyno1

Post Whore

So you wouldn?t watch the game? The NRL GF is on the Sunday night of a long weekend where loads of people go out/go away and everyone seems to be able to watch that around their social lives.

The Sunday night GF is hardly ideal either but isn't that a long weekend anyway. I may watch the Origin, but I sure as anything would prefer it on every single other night. I love going to the track on Saturday's, having a drink and just relaxing, don't really want an Origin game on Saturday. It won't ever be on a weekend again, it failed before, and everyone complained that it was boring, and I agree. 3 weeks of no club football would put me to sleep!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Take the 4 games on origin weekends to places that are starved of live action. Friday nights game, in Perth would have got 15k plus, I'd rather see 8k turn up for tigers in Adelaide at least it would be exposing the game to new people. Schedule the 4 games accordingly and take them To non nrl cities. Starved fans don't care if one or two,players are on origin duty and the media in WA, SA, tassie and NZ isn't all consumed with origin so will promote the games better. Our sport is really dumb sometimes.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Any deals on Melbourne tickets. Looks like I'll be there on the Wednesday. Currently looking at $160 for a decent seat.
Why are Melbourne fans subsidising nsw? Lol

hutch

First Grade
The Sunday night GF is hardly ideal either but isn't that a long weekend anyway. I may watch the Origin, but I sure as anything would prefer it on every single other night. I love going to the track on Saturday's, having a drink and just relaxing, don't really want an Origin game on Saturday. It won't ever be on a weekend again, it failed before, and everyone complained that it was boring, and I agree. 3 weeks of no club football would put me to sleep!

Well luckily for the 99% of us who would prefer it on the weekends, we will get our way soon when origin will be played on stand alone weekends in future TV deals.

Does anyone understand what is happening with Blatchy's Blues this year?

It seems like a debacle on Ticketek as I was mucking around and when you click on the Blatchy's link it just takes you to the normal ticket prices.

I bought the $50 sky blue tickets on the non Blatchy link and on the printout it says go to gate G to collect supporter gear? Does anyone know what this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.