What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Prepare to be disappointed then, but feel better knowing its for the continued improvement of the sport of rugby league.

I won't need to be disappointed, it won't be moved, and especially not to fill in the weekends with some C Grade fill in games that no one will care one bit about. It is boring. The vast majority want it on a Wednesday anyway. You can have your 'great' internationals at the end of the season thanks.

Brutus

Referee
As soon as they move it to the weekend the AFL will put on blockbusters in the southern states. Theres goes the record viewing numbers and a crap load of TV money with it.

Yep. There's nothing stopping rival codes putting on big clashes in opposition and there goes your top rating shows of the year.

The NRL would be f**king crazy to put Origin on weekends. We've had Origins on Friday night and Sunday night before and ratings were well down. There is a reason why Origin has never been on Saturday night. That would be a disaster.

Wednesday nights are the logical option. Absolutely no need to change.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Nearly sold out if ticketek is anything to go by. Gold is only offering level Q in the gods and silver and bronze sold out. Diamond is avail in N but are $270 each.

Silver are selling well but plenty left Perth. Q25-Q34.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just paid $540 for two diamond tickets. Better be a fricking outstanding game for that sort of money!

Did you buy seats in the Great Southern Stand N's? (N12-N24) If so your view from there will be awesome. I love looking at the new stand.

Canard

Immortal
Just paid $540 for two diamond tickets. Better be a fricking outstanding game for that sort of money!

You realise that Ive only paid $300 combined to see the Rolling Stones and AC DC play this year?

That shows how out of touch they are

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yep. There's nothing stopping rival codes putting on big clashes in opposition and there goes your top rating shows of the year.

The NRL would be f**king crazy to put Origin on weekends. We've had Origins on Friday night and Sunday night before and ratings were well down. There is a reason why Origin has never been on Saturday night. That would be a disaster.

What about a Thursday Night - more people would go interstate for that. I would prefer it, take Thursday and Friday off, would be awesome. I know it would be crap for the teams playing Friday.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I just went for a run along the harbour and it is interesting to see the difference between Sydney and Brisbane again. Ive seen no people in NSW merchandise, however some folks have been in their rabbitohs/ roosters/ manly scarves... As to say yeah I go for NSW but clearly more interested in their team, much like you all say.

Brisbane will be more or less painted maroon.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You realise that Ive only paid $300 combined to see the Rolling Stones and AC DC play this year?

That shows how out of touch they are

Just paid a combined $500 for Robbie Williams for the mrs and top gear show for me. used to silly prices in Perth though. Hoped Melbourne might have been cheaper!

I noticed on ticketek a statement on dynamic pricing and that tickets may go up if selling well!

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
I just went for a run along the harbour and it is interesting to see the difference between Sydney and Brisbane again. Ive seen no people in NSW merchandise, however some folks have been in their rabbitohs/ roosters/ manly scarves... As to say yeah I go for NSW but clearly more interested in their team, much like you all say.

:lol:

Sure dickhead
Sure:sarcasm:

Valheru

Coach
As soon as they move it to the weekend the AFL will put on blockbusters in the southern states. Theres goes the record viewing numbers and a crap load of TV money with it.

So it?s all about the ratings? Who cares if it rates less and therefore we get a little less money in the rights? Realistically we will still get well over $1b. I don?t know of any other major sporting competition that sells their soul to the TV stations like we do. We have to preserve the integrity of the NRL competition which is our bread and butter.

ouwet

Bench

Who gives a crap! I'm a Bulldogs supporter first, Origin shouldn't be the pinnacle of the sport, it's the NRL and outside of that playing for Australia! I have a passing interest in Origin, I'll watch it tonight at the stadium because four Bulldog players are involved and my mate got freebies from his work (Major NRL team sponsor). QLDer's have no life, they wait all year for these 3 games!

Saint Doc

Coach
I don't think those team scarves were supposed to represent the Blues...more likely it was a cold morning and those people just wore the scarf they normally would.

The Harbour also isn't a great place on a Wednesday morning to spot Sydney-siders. That's where tourists like yourself are. Sydney-siders tend to go to work. A better sample would have been Central/MartinPlace/Wynyard stations, Parramatta Station, etc.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Who gives a crap! I'm a Bulldogs supporter first, Origin shouldn't be the pinnacle of the sport, it's the NRL and outside of that playing for Australia! I have a passing interest in Origin, I'll watch it tonight at the stadium because four Bulldog players are involved and my mate got freebies from his work (Major NRL team sponsor). QLDer's have no life, they wait all year for these 3 games!

Ha, calm yourself down big fella. No we don't we just enjoy it more than you and have a great time with our friends.

Was just a passing comment backing up the cultural difference between NSW and QLD. People in the Sydney CBD have major resting bitch face. I guess I would too if I lived here ;).

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Isn't it funny how so many people who can't afford to live in Sydney magically couldn't stand to live here anyway?

lockyno1

Post Whore
What about a Thursday Night - more people would go interstate for that. I would prefer it, take Thursday and Friday off, would be awesome. I know it would be crap for the teams playing Friday.

If you are putting it on a Thursday you may as well leave it on a Wednesday, both are still mid week.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If you are putting it on a Thursday you may as well leave it on a Wednesday, both are still mid week.

Fly to the city on Thursday, have Friday off too. I fly back tomorrow and then work on Friday. Would rather have worked today and then take Thursday and Friday off and have a long weekend in Melbourne.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fly to the city on Thursday, have Friday off too. I fly back tomorrow and then work on Friday. Would rather have worked today and then take Thursday and Friday off and have a long weekend in Melbourne.

You know you can fly on the day right? Then catch an earlybird flight the next day. It is what I'm doing for game 2. Wednesday works best, and primarily because it allows the game to saturate the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts