What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canard

Immortal
Just read that the new Burswood stadium will def be able to be configured to rectangular size with a 62,000 capacity. Apparently takes 12 hours to do it. To give a sense of the investment in the stadium and surrounding infrastructure theyve just announced the footbridge to the ground over the Swan will cost $54million! It will be ready for action in March 2018.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-07/design-for-pedestrian-footbridge-revealed/6528134

Perth_Stadium.jpg

Etihad's rectangular config means that 10,000 get a decent view and the rest don't as it's only the bottom side "tiers"

Combine it with the fact that it stuffs the pitch for the AFL means that they never do it "in season".

So I wouldn't get to excited about that development.

Paullyboy

Coach
I hope Perth gets an NRL team - but it's time as a booming city is very quickly coming to a close thanks to the closure of so many mines. I wonder how that'll play into the future fan base when all the east coasters start moving back home once the mega-salaries are all gone

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I hope Perth gets an NRL team - but it's time as a booming city is very quickly coming to a close thanks to the closure of so many mines. I wonder how that'll play into the future fan base when all the east coasters start moving back home once the mega-salaries are all gone

A slow down in growth isnt thr end of the world. Plenty of iron in the ground and plenty of hungry asian customers

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh, I wish it would slow down but reality is this is just a part of a cycle we've seen before. As soon as commodity price goes above $75a tonne it'll be back on again. Perth population is still predicted to hit 3million within 15 years.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Etihad's rectangular config means that 10,000 get a decent view and the rest don't as it's only the bottom side "tiers"

Combine it with the fact that it stuffs the pitch for the AFL means that they never do it "in season".

So I wouldn't get to excited about that development.

No worse than ANZ.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
That Perth stadium picture is dated, its when it was still proposed for Kitchener Park in Subiaci.

Thats the Fremantle line at bottom of page and Princess Margaret hospital in the top left corner

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh I lknow, was giving an artistic impression of what it will look Like in rectangular config! The deisign hasn't changed, just the location lol.

ouwet

Bench
40k today I reckon.

Anyone got a recent PAX number? I have no idea what kind of a crowd they will get today!

Usually tickets are discounted for these games but nothing for this one... I'm thinking its a good sign that sales are strong? I hope both supporters turns out in numbers.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Dogs fans will be out in force a bit worried about Dragons fans though. Historically they don't travel to Homebush in big numbers unless it is a final.

Playing at 4pm is stupidity. It's practically dark by the second half, colder and starts to get dewy. It's not a nein game so why the f**k is it essentially a twilight game? Morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts