What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleary89

Coach
Is it an annual game? The fact I don't know means if it is, they really need to advertise it more. Much like they do with the easter and anzac games.

Bulldogs/Dragons on a public holiday should be promoted to the max, how much marketing/advertising did the Queen's Birthday game get? . It's the type of game that is capable of drawing 40k+ with winning teams considering the large fan-bases of the two clubs.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Bulldogs/Dragons on a public holiday should be promoted to the max, how much marketing/advertising did the Queen's Birthday game get? . It's the type of game that is capable of drawing 40k+ with winning teams considering the large fan-bases of the two clubs.

I thought it got substantial marketing on social media. I saw ads for it at least three times a day scrolling on Facebook

Diesel

Referee
The NRL need to utilize public holidays in a effective manner. For example, Queen's Birthday should have 2 afternoon games (2pm/4pm) one be Bulldog/Dragons and a game in QLD.

Stupid QLD Govt is shifting the QB June holiday next year to October and Labour Day to May, so it won't be a holiday this time next year.

DC_fan

Coach
Stupid QLD Govt is shifting the QB June holiday next year to October and Labour Day to May, so it won't be a holiday this time next year.

Actually I would take it a step furthe. I think we should get rid of the Queens Birthday long weekend. It's not even her birthday, which is in April. The UK don't have a holiday to celebrate her birthday, so why should we.

Long live the Republic of Australia.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Less than i was expecting at ANZ today but i have to admit the hype around the game was very quiet compared to say good friday or ANZAC day which is its own beast.

But, the fixture should be persisted with in this slot, my only change would be to a 3 or 3.30pm kickoff in future to keep it a purely daytime fixture. The NRL needs as many of these event type games as possible and fixing fixtures like today in the calander annually will build attendances. Lastly, this game needs and deserves the same media blitz and promotion as good friday/easter monday across all the platforms

So I admit, I've always thought that this issue was overhyped but after today think that if Canterbury wants to build fixtures with rivals then they need to make the away fans bays for away fans only and rigidly enforce it.

Being a young male whose down for a bit of friendly banter, it doesn't so much effect me as the families I saw move away looking quite intimidated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts