What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yeah i hate double headers. Particularly when we host them at Suncorp and get 40,000 - all of which are Broncos fans but we get half the crowd towards our average.

insert.pause

First Grade
Yeah i hate double headers. Particularly when we host them at Suncorp and get 40,000 - all of which are Broncos fans but we get half the crowd towards our average.

I don't like it for Broncos games either because like you say it's not necessary, but it would have worked well at ANZ yesterday, 3 of the bigger clubs all playing within a few kms from each other when they could have all gone to the one spot and get close to 50k bringing in neutrals. Would have looked a lot better than 9k at Parramatta & advertising banners all over seats behind the posts at ANZ.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Double headers smacks of desperation. Another thing that makes the game look amateurish.

I'd argue that having 9k at parra and 50,000 empty seats at ANZ make the game much more amateurish.... but maybe that's just me huh?

Double headers can work. Double header yesterday would've been great at ANZ and would've drawn a much bigger combined crowd

papabear

Juniors
I'd argue that having 9k at parra and 50,000 empty seats at ANZ make the game much more amateurish.... but maybe that's just me huh?

Double headers can work. Double header yesterday would've been great at ANZ and would've drawn a much bigger combined crowd

when will you guys realise that the nrl scheduling is done to maximise tv revenue not crowd figures.

time to move the f**k on.

taipan

Referee
If anyone needs further proof about fixturing,look no further than last Sunday Sharks v Roosters.

Sharks thrashed prior week,yet were able to draw over 14,000,with many families in attendance.Great atmosphere.
They played Souths on a monday night in a cyclone getting only 4,000 many of whom ended up in the leagues club to escape the storm.They would have cracked at least 14,000 n a fine Monday night against souths.

The answer IMO .
Get two extra teams in the NRL:perth and Banabender 2
Play two on Friday night,
Play 3 on saturday 3-30pm/5-30pm/7-30pm
Play 3 on sunday :2 pm/4pm/6pm
Play 1 on Monday night or if able to get a big TV deal without monday night,p*ss it off to another sunday arvo game.

LineBall

Juniors

In your opinion, maybe. You could also argue that you would get a better crowd with Parra not playing on Monday night, and the Dogs playing their game at a better venue.

How many extra casual fans do you think would have gone to this double header if the Eels and the Cowboys had played at ANZ after the Dogs and Dragons?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Doggies are really going downhill as a club,15k crowd average last year and this season can't even get 30k on a public holiday nor could they get 30k against there biggest rivals(Eels) nor could they even get 20k against the Tigers

Doggies are imploding

Doggies are really going downhill as a club,15k crowd average last year and this season can't even get 30k on a public holiday nor could they get 30k against there biggest rivals(Eels) nor could they even get 20k against the Tigers

Doggies are imploding

I can't see them being in the comp much longer

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
WAIT

THEY'RE OFFERING RESTRICTED VIEW SEATS CHEAPER?

What a shock :roll:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
They're now offering $64 "restricted supporter" seats to Origin 2

Wouldnt pay $20 to watch origin at the moment, not when NSW are picking a team destined to failon the back of a woeful halfback barely deserving of a reserve grade spot never mind a rep jersey

bottle

Coach
Wouldnt pay $20 to watch origin at the moment, not when NSW are picking a team destined to failon the back of a woeful halfback barely deserving of a reserve grade spot never mind a rep jersey

Now you know how the rest of us felt for all the years prior to last year that Pus was picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts