What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Suck it up manly....

u had a joint venture where u got access to a world class stadium and an extra 300,000 potential fans, and sold out first 5 home games..

+ geographical access to the vast corporate sponsors of business' from north sydney to macquarie park... the head quarters to 100's of multi national companies...

you turned your back on it all, all to play at this shit hole, with a leagues club that makes $0 profit, limited corporate backing, the lowest crowds in NRL, the lowest member base in sydney,

all for what ? short sighted at its best...

BunniesMan

Immortal
Suck it up manly....

u had a joint venture where u got access to a world class stadium and an extra 300,000 potential fans, and sold out first 5 home games..

+ geographical access to the vast corporate sponsors of business' from north sydney to macquarie park... the head quarters to 100's of multi national companies...

you turned your back on it all, all to play at this shit hole, with a leagues club that makes $0 profit, limited corporate backing, the lowest crowds in NRL, the lowest member base in sydney,

Being the most successful team of the last decade? It's a sport with a salary cap and a significant % of income coming in from a tv deal that is split equally. After a certain point you do not need more money. How much more have the Broncos made than the Sea Eagles over the last decade? And how much less success have they had?

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
winning a comp and making a few semi's doesn't make sure you will be in existence for generations...

for all the on field success, ( that comes and goes due to the cap)

what does manly have to show for it,

- less members
- less crowds
- same stadium ( even though premier and PM are local members)
- stagnant sponsors ( kaspersky are leaving)
- shit training centre
- lowest crowds in NRL
- running last

i worry for them, long term ,

some11

Referee
i worry for them, long term

The game has endured years of treading water up until Gallop and Newscorp were punted, had clubs in an even worse shambles on and off field during that time and you're worried about Manly finally having an off year when they game is flourishing.

They will be fine, in fact I don't see any club part of the NRL today being given the boot or relocating - we shelved expansion to bank on this principle.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Suck it up manly....

They could still move back to CC stadium and be successful.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Far be it from me to defend Manly but wasn't it pissing down half the week and they even had to move NYC to Campbelltown tomorrow?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
8,093 @ Brookvale.

Crowd was shit because:

"It was cold" maybe playing in a better stadium would have helped...
"It was raining" maybe playing in a better stadium would have helped...
"It was so far away and the traffic would have been awful" See above.....

etc. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

alien

Referee
They could still move back to CC stadium and be successful.

or they may eventually just relocate to the sunshine coast, and the central coast bears could enter the nrl (which would include the bears looking after the juniors from the north sydney/manly areas)

Last edited:
Ended up going last night and crowd was better than I expected to be honest. Because many people that do go live close by they made a late decision to go as the weather cleared about 5pm.

Crowd was shit because:

"It was cold" maybe playing in a better stadium would have helped...
"It was raining" maybe playing in a better stadium would have helped...
"It was so far away and the traffic would have been awful" See above.....

etc. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
Yeah because the sfs would have been heaving..

Just watched the replay and I thought it looked significantly less.

I've been on holidays though so can't really comment on the weather in the lead up. Was it that bad?

Hill was sparse but grandstands were probably 80-90% full which you don't see on TV

A fair few people stood undercover behind the goalposts on the Pittwater rd end next to the bar as well

Brookvale always turn our code into a pub game with it's poor crowds. To think Manly were successful for long yet fail to sell out Brookie majority of it's time on the top. All that time and couldn't even crack 17k average despite a decade of finals and premierships. http://afltables.com/rl/crowds/manly.html

What the excuses for that all that success and the supporters still didn't come.

Scaven

Juniors
winning a comp and making a few semi's doesn't make sure you will be in existence for generations...

for all the on field success, ( that comes and goes due to the cap)

what does manly have to show for it,

- less members
- less crowds
- same stadium ( even though premier and PM are local members)
- stagnant sponsors ( kaspersky are leaving)
- shit training centre
- lowest crowds in NRL
- running last

i worry for them, long term ,

How about you worry about your own mess of a club.

Haven't won since the eighties.
Boardroom is a mess
Crap coach
Will be running last soon enough.
Etc

beave

Coach
agJIP.gif

Should be a good crowd in one-team-Canberra on a sunny afternoon against a team in good form led about by a future immortal. My guess is 22.5k, possibly 23k.

Edit: To quote Vossy: "Spectacular winter's day, two sides in the top eight." I think I have underestimated this blockbuster. I'm locking in 25k.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts