What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
In a ground like that it's all about position.

You couldn't hear them at the Punt Rd end, it was all boos every time Gal was on screen etc.

All in all it was a great event.

The Melbourne media is all about a the Minutes silence today of course. More bias than Phil Gould.

The AFL has a massive issue with racism at the moment, but they make out that 3 drunks is worse than Cancer

Yeah, I tend to think that a majority of the noise during the silence was in the tunnels too... I was walking back with food and beverage and there was a lot of banter in the corridors. Heaps of walked back in and were like oh, a minute silence.

Obvs there is always those few idiots though, too much grog and too early. This is what happens when 30,000 odd people had travelled to the game, everyone was starting by like 1pm. I was rotten and nearly shit myself this morning on the way to the airport.

Because of that idiot attention seeking Swans player, such a sooooook! Adam Goodes.

Canard

Immortal
Not to mention for 30 mins prior they set off fireworks non stop, got Two West Sydney Bogans to fire up the crowd then told everyone to be quiet???

If anything the crowd should be commended

Valheru

Coach
I really believe this year’s recipe in terms of where origin is played is the way forward. NSW and QLD to host the one game each every year making the standalone game a big event and removing the home ground advantage for one team.

We could then have a 4 year roster where Melbourne hosts every 2nd year and the alternate years are taken by another city (Adelaide or Perth). You then have a trip every year that both NSW and QLD fans will lap up. It would be great to get NZ involved but channel 9 won’t allow a game to kick off any earlier than 8:20 PM eastern time so it looks like that won’t ever happen.

The two teams could take turns deciding the order in which each game is played.

wests1

Juniors
In a ground like that it's all about position.

You couldn't hear them at the Punt Rd end, it was all boos every time Gal was on screen etc.

All in all it was a great event.

The Melbourne media is all about a the Minutes silence today of course. More bias than Phil Gould.

The AFL has a massive issue with racism at the moment, but they make out that 3 drunks is worse than Cancer

Couldn't agree more with you Canard. I live down in Melbourne too and you just know that the media here got what they were looking for. If it wasn't the minute's silence it would have been something else. The big problem is that otherwise intelligent people at work are now asking me about it like I should have to defend my game because of 20 or so idiots.
Is that really the story from last night? Or is the story that 91,000 fans (at least half of which were locals) saw an absolutely belting game of footy?

insert.pause

First Grade
Couldn't agree more with you Canard. I live down in Melbourne too and you just know that the media here got what they were looking for. If it wasn't the minute's silence it would have been something else. The big problem is that otherwise intelligent people at work are now asking me about it like I should have to defend my game because of 20 or so idiots.
Is that really the story from last night? Or is the story that 91,000 fans (at least half of which were locals) saw an absolutely belting game of footy?

yep, as soon as it happened you just knew that would be the focus in Melbourne, and if it wasnt that it would be something just as petty, its just sad desperation to discredit it. There were at most a third of the crowd from interstate, but the couple of morons couldn't have possibly come from the 60k+ Victorians in the crowd, yet at the same time Melbourne will also claim credit for the 91k crowd because they are the 'sporting capital of Australia'... a couple drunks yelling out during min silence or thousands of racists, I know which I would prefer in my game, but in typical Victorian arrogance they believe their shit doesn't stink.

Canard

Immortal

I've had to fend off comments about it all day. I've made sure I let them know it's a media bias thing

wests1

Juniors
Seriously who cares. Wankers Are gonna wank . Great game.

Last thing I'm going to say about it because I'm going off topic but I care. Living in Melbourne, I hate the sniggering smugness that emanates from Aussie Rules fans. Origin time (while I personally prefer tests) is awesome because you have to sit and watch them (very reluctantly) accept that they have nothing to compare to it. It's ssssssssssssooooooooo satisfying. When they realise that there are other events around besides their local-ball they go straight for the crowd thing. They do it with soccer too, not just RL. The media here just reinforces this mentality that, no matter what, nothing could possibly put on a show like the AFL.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
With the Broncos in the 8 all year
& the Raiders near last all year u halfwit wanker

Thank you linesmen
Thank you ballboys:cool:

Look out! Keyboard warrior!
Canberra is a one team town. Lift your game.

Cant wait till game 3's crowd.

Its going to be equivalent of 120,000 in Sydney. :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts