What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

insert.pause

First Grade
Are you just ignorant or intentionally misleading? AFL games are simulcast on fox which is not included in those numbers. Origin is not simulcast.

It's obviously a comparison of FTA metro genius, STV is a national figure and includes regionals. No AFL game on FTA in Melbourne has rated as high as origin.

Canard

Immortal
Are you just ignorant or intentionally misleading? AFL games are simulcast on fox which is not included in those numbers. Origin is not simulcast.

Shouldn't you pull out some facts that prove that AFL games have combined higher ratings in Melbourne, before defending your favourite code?

Talk about pot, kettle black.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Origin has to stay mid week if it is to be played out of state..

I have no issues with that

I reckon it would much more valuable in terms of cities bidding to host it if it was played on a Saturday. You would get many more fans flying in for the weekend for it bringing $'s into the local economy which is why cities would want to host it.

Canard

Immortal
I reckon it would much more valuable in terms of cities bidding to host it if it was played on a Saturday. You would get many more fans flying in for the weekend for it bringing $'s into the local economy which is why cities would want to host it.

I agree in principle, but clashing with AFL would be stupid.

cleary89

Coach
Last thing I'm going to say about it because I'm going off topic but I care. Living in Melbourne, I hate the sniggering smugness that emanates from Aussie Rules fans. Origin time (while I personally prefer tests) is awesome because you have to sit and watch them (very reluctantly) accept that they have nothing to compare to it. It's ssssssssssssooooooooo satisfying. When they realise that there are other events around besides their local-ball they go straight for the crowd thing. They do it with soccer too, not just RL. The media here just reinforces this mentality that, no matter what, nothing could possibly put on a show like the AFL.

Just tell them it wouldn't happen in Sydney. Only Melbourne people do it.

Suitman

Post Whore
Beautiful day for suburban ground footy. This weather should pull the crowds in to sit on that hill!!

Suity

Brookie will be a treat tonight.

I would have thought so but the weathers clearing slightly. Meant to go with 3 other people. The odds of us going has gone from zero at 8am today to about 50/50.

Due to the shit weather we missed out on the $20 hill tickets which expired midnight last night

Suitman

Post Whore
I would have thought so but the weathers clearing slightly. Meant to go with 3 other people. The odds of us going has gone from zero at 8am today to about 50/50.

Due to the shit weather we missed out on the $20 hill tickets which expired midnight last night

$20 to sit in that shit mud heap.
They're havin' a laugh.

Suity

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Origin three has essentially sold out. They are just trying to flog a few more maroon memberships before they go off sale on the 24th, then those left overs will be released to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts