What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
That hill looks epic. We haven't seen a Monday night like this in a few years.
If people doubt there is a novelty factor involved, however, they are wrong. If suburban grounds are used as an exception rather than a rule, we'll have a field day.

Nice one, well put. Anything more than two/three a year is a huge risk. Imagine a wet night where dogs are in the bottom four.

Keep it special and the fans will come.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Be a good way for the dogs 22k crowd avg to be reduced and money lost! Save it for twice a year on a. Monday night. Stop kidding yourself, it's full because it's a novelty and it's a nice night not because it is some wow stadium fans can't wait to attend a game at.

gallagher

Juniors
Read in an article during the week that the dogs where taking a loss to take the game to Belmore. I wonder by how much? And did it mean that they would just make less profit as apposed to ANZ and not an actual loss.

thorson1987

Coach
Read in an article during the week that the dogs where taking a loss to take the game to Belmore. I wonder by how much? And did it mean that they would just make less profit as apposed to ANZ and not an actual loss.

Apparently 14000 was the break even point according to MMM.

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
Leagues club is a couple of streets away, probably traded pretty well, probably sold a fair bit of dogs gear at the ground and enormous good will built, some might say culture building in action!

ouwet

Bench
What a great crowd and atmosphere! Guys, they opened the gates just after the game started and literally a few thousand went in... They should've just sold 20,000 tickets n made more money!

Last edited:

mattyg

Bench
There were also quite a few people sitting on rooftops and one crazy dude hanging from a tree opposite end to the train line!! Pretty special night. Would love to see us play 2 games there a season against interstate teams. Instead of 9k crowds we'd have 17/18k every time and would boost up the average

Chook Norris

First Grade

On triple M they said the break even crowd was about 14k. So it's safe to assume they very much did make a profit, but not as much as if they took the game to ANZ

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
It's not all about making money. As mentioned this was a great culture building exercise that solidifies the existing fan base and makes them more likely to attend other games, at ANZ for example.

alien

Referee
Guys, they opened the gates just after the game started and literally a few thousand went in... They should've just sold 20,000 tickets n made more money!

Some of them could have been people who sat in the stand. Just before kickoff, it looked like there were quite a few empty seats in the stand, but then it filled up just after kick off. The hill looked pretty full to me. The crowd was chanting "Belmore" at one stage too - I think that is what they were chanting. Seemed like an awesome atmosphere and great fun, and that is how it should be!

LineBall

Juniors
Some of them could have been people who sat in the stand. Just before kickoff, it looked like there were quite a few empty seats in the stand, but then it filled up just after kick off. The hill looked pretty full to me. The crowd was chanting "Belmore" at one stage too - I think that is what they were chanting. Seemed like an awesome atmosphere and great fun, and that is how it should be!

I thought they were chanting that too, but in the papers they all seem to report the crowd was chanting "Reynolds".

Red Bear

Referee
That's quite a good round crowd wise.

Excellent crowd in Nth Qld.

28K up in Brisbane.

Roosters probably got 3k more taking a game to CC.

Obviously the Bulldogs one was good last night would've been about 10k I suspect at ANZ.

Tigers, for performing poorly and against another side not playing that well, a bit over 14K was good. Souths Manly should've been better, but wasn't a disaster, ditto Warriors Canberra, and 15 K at Parra pretty good given the week they have had.

Not any massive stand outs I guess (just because the good crowds weren't massive, just really good considering opposition) but in the middle of the origin period and not major rivalry match ups that's a pretty good weekend.

if every origin round was like that crowds would be going alot better, you expect them to be down a little but that they can just bottom out is what kills them.

ouwet

Bench
I thought they were chanting that too, but in the papers they all seem to report the crowd was chanting "Reynolds".

Reynolds LOL

It was crazy usually when the hill chant the Grandstand don't and vice versa but last night it was everyone! The Bulldog chants were massive, the Reynolds Chant was massive and the team song at the end was crazy! Thousands of people singing the team song with the players made my night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts