What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If we lose tonight and Cronulla win. I don't think it will nudge 50k, I think it would be more like 45-47k. If its against the Bunnies it will be 48k+.

Home prelim will actually sell out.

guyver78

Juniors
If tickets are as cheap as they have been for week one I'll be at Suncorp if they make it instead of us.

See everybody says that but I don't think the tickets were that cheap. They were no cheaper then last year or the year before. Category 1 & 2 seats were EXACTLY the same price as last year.

The only thing the NRL did was make Category 3 seats $10 cheaper then they have been in the past & family/kids tickets were also Cheaper in category 3.

Seats that nobody wants anyway.

ouwet

Bench
Speaking of ticket prices they went up overnight... Now $50 for category 2 and $75 for category 1 (must be the prices at the gate)... I got 4 x category 2 tickets for $25 each if anyone is keen (less then I bought them for, just want to get rid of them) on the 30 metre line (Aisle 110, row 25)! My mate got box tickets lol. PM me if keen

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Speaking of ticket prices they went up overnight... Now $50 for category 2 and $75 for category 1 (must be the prices at the gate)... I got 2 x category 2 tickets for $25 each if anyone is keen (less then I bought them for, just want to get rid of them) on the 30 metre line (Aisle 110, row 25)! My mate got box tickets lol. PM me if keen

Game day price rise.

user_nat

Coach
If we lose tonight and Cronulla win. I don't think it will nudge 50k, I think it would be more like 45-47k. If its against the Bunnies it will be 48k+.

Home prelim will actually sell out.

It'll be interesting to see how the crowd pans out if we do host the Sharks.

We have avoided a low drawing opponent in a finals game for what feels like forever, so there isn't much to go off.

BlueandGold

Juniors
I couldn't give a f**k how it 'looks' to be honest mate.

If we win tomorrow night, we deserve to play in front of our fans in NQ. The Storm are playing theirs at AAMI and it has a similar capacity to 1300Smiles.......

Right game right venue, bring it to suncorp...:lol::lol:

Nah only kidding this game should be in Townsville, the fans and the Cowboys have earned the right to play at home to give themselves every chance to make it to the GF.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It'll be interesting to see how the crowd pans out if we do host the Sharks.

We have avoided a low drawing opponent in a finals game for what feels like forever, so there isn't much to go off.

Yeah, it would be strange. Should we need to play Cronulla I think they will have to pull out a bit of marketing. There has been absolutely none for this Cowboys game, no ads, no sponsored facebook posts etc, all just news and buzz.

Cronulla we could market the Gallen factor.

Reds vs Auckland Blues (poor drawing club) got 44,940 in a 2011 semi, coming off a win (Myself and so many other uni mates got freebies too). So it would have to be around there.

Ticketek needs to just have all the tickets available at once, at the hight of the sales peak it had single seats left for everything with restricted view not on sale, turning people away. They make it so much harder to just sell out.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Right game right venue, bring it to suncorp...:lol::lol:

Nah only kidding this game should be in Townsville, the fans and the Cowboys have earned the right to play at home to give themselves every chance to make it to the GF.

I would 100% go if it was at Suncorp. But yeah, it has to be in Townsville, they would deserve it. I would even contemplate flying up for it.

guyver78

Juniors
Yeah, it would be strange. Should we need to play Cronulla I think they will have to pull out a bit of marketing. There has been absolutely none for this Cowboys game, no ads, no sponsored facebook posts etc, all just news and buzz.

Cronulla we could market the Gallen factor.

Reds vs Auckland Blues (poor drawing club) got 44,940 in a 2011 semi, coming off a win (Myself and so many other uni mates got freebies too). So it would have to be around there.

Ticketek needs to just have all the tickets available at once, at the hight of the sales peak it had single seats left for everything with restricted view not on sale, turning people away. They make it so much harder to just sell out.

I wouldn't have thought it would matter if you played the Sharks or Bunnies.
Wouldn't the crowd be more or less the same at Suncorp anyway?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I wouldn't have thought it would matter if you played the Sharks or Bunnies.
Wouldn't the crowd be more or less the same at Suncorp anyway?

Should be, will have to wait and see, I suppose!

People might be less keen to sit in restricted viewing versus the sharks.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
See everybody says that but I don't think the tickets were that cheap. They were no cheaper then last year or the year before. Category 1 & 2 seats were EXACTLY the same price as last year.

The only thing the NRL did was make Category 3 seats $10 cheaper then they have been in the past & family/kids tickets were also Cheaper in category 3.

Seats that nobody wants anyway.

I found it strange that the cat 3 seats at allianz were not snaped up last night, everybody just seemed to opt for the expensive sideline seats instead. Whixh is odd as the bumber one complaint is pricing, yet when offered very reasonably priced tickets the fans dont respond.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I found it strange that the cat 3 seats at allianz were not snaped up last night, everybody just seemed to opt for the expensive sideline seats instead. Whixh is odd as the bumber one complaint is pricing, yet when offered very reasonably priced tickets the fans dont respond.

Because sideline seats are cheaper too.

Broncos home game gold seats are $90 plus fees. Gold for tonight v Cowboys, members were $70 and non members $80. Same with Maroon and Blue, cheaper across all.

guyver78

Juniors

It's a simple formula mate.
You always have an X amount of people that will turn out & support their teen week in week out ie people like us here
We generally won't buy the cheaper seats as we want a good view, THE NRL KNOWS THIS. They know that there's an X amount of guaranteed revenue from people like us.
The rest is all just false advertising about how cheap tickets are, how it's more affordable then ever to see a finals game & how tickets startfr just $7.
Besides who wants to sit behind the dead ball line at the SFS or even worse ANZ even if tickets were $2

Broncos/Cowboys will show the rest of the NRL what a real finals crowd is, typical Roosters crowd alot of success and still can't pack a stadium. Winning or losing, Allinaz is always empty. No surprise since Roosters are top, crowds are down the past three years.